What ConstitutesAcceptable Progress for the 2021 Season?

What Constitutes Acceptable Progress for the 2021 Season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fascinating since most of the board thought we were awful last year... awful to only accepting losses to Bama and Clemson...seems like healthy jump with players they think suck...

let’s do it
That’s exactly why I voted with Group 4. I have to base it off last year which included a thumping by UNC.

Advertisement
11-1 and Diaz is a Top 20 HC and we're set for years

10-2 is progress and we should be extremely happy

9-3 is a solid season and everyone gets to keep their jobs

8-4 and Diaz will have meet with the board to fight for his job, which he will likely keep

7-5 or worse and Diaz is fired and we start all over
This is probably true. Four losses to me this year is unacceptable but that’s me. I’m going to look into the bottom line when I can do it.

This is probably true. Four losses to me this year is unacceptable but that’s me. I’m going to look into the bottom line when I can do it.
Im guessing the 4 losses would be Alabama, Michigan State, NC and Virginia Tech. If that were to happen Diaz would have to fight for his job. I think he would end up keeping it though depending on how they played in the losses.

Advertisement
Furthermore....DIAZ HAS BEEN HERE SINCE 2016, MY GUY! LMAO!!

If my guy can’t figure out how to beat **** poor teams in our division by yr 6 around these suck *** teams w/ far, superior talent, then when can we expect it? Year 15?? Lol.

That’s how I knew we were frauds last year, when we barely beating UVA or VT.

Genius logic.

Guess how you become a program that rarely has fewer than 4 losses?

You view losing 4 games as ’acceptable’ and justify coaches overseeing such losses as doing just fine.

Guess how you become a program that rarely loses 4 games?

You don’t view such losing as ‘acceptable’ or tolerate corches who stack losses like ****s.
Guess what. It doesn't matter how intolerant you are at losing. It will continue to happen whether you accept it or not. Winning also happens whether you are intolerant of losing or not. We didn't win National Championships because our fanbase wanted it more than other schools in the country. There were other factors at work.

Furthermore....DIAZ HAS BEEN HERE SINCE 2016, MY GUY! LMAO!!

If my guy can’t figure out how to beat **** poor teams in our division by yr 6 around these suck *** teams w/ far, superior talent, then when can we expect it? Year 15?? Lol.

We beat all those teams last year.

Advertisement
“I don’t deny that it’s hard to hire good coaches, but that isn’t a reason to stick with a guy who you think isn’t the answer. That just compounds the problem by delaying the potential to get to a solution.”

That part.

I recall vividly posting on here regarding keeping Golden past the 2014 season, and the unmitigated ramifications that would come along w/ it, namely, the domino effect that would happen to both the class of ‘15, and ‘16 which will put us 4 yrs behind, b/c those guys would be the leaders of the pups, and if our upper classmen aren’t strong, then we’ll have to wait for the youngins to right the wrongs of their predecessors.

What happened? Well the class of ‘15 & ‘16 both ranked outside the top 20. From 2015 - 2019, & we compiled a 40-25 record, huge attrition rates, embarrassing losses, and the highlight was a wild, fluke 2017 season that gave us highs & lows.

The inability to hire a new coach should never be a reason to keep a guy around who clearly isn’t the right guy. In fact, that’s should be even more indicative of why a new AD should be in place. Nevertheless, in no way am I saying Diaz is not the guy, although we’ve suffered the lowest of lows in his 2 yrs here. This is a new season. He has everything he needs, the players, the staff, & the schedule. 10+ or gtfoh.
Yep. I’d argue that keeping coaches past their expiration point has worse ramifications than what you even say. It is just like leaving spoiled food in your fridge. The stink can linger after you toss the food. Coaches past expiration, the team knows, attitudes suffer, culture suffers, amd that’s what you bring the new guys into.

Guess what. It doesn't matter how intolerant you are at losing. It will continue to happen whether you accept it or not. Winning also happens whether you are intolerant of losing or not. We didn't win National Championships because our fanbase wanted it more than other schools in the country. There were other factors at work.
Do you work at the Excuse Factory, or Deflection Corp.? It’s gotta be one or the other.

Hint: it definitely matters whether you are intolerant of losing, and kf you don’t grasp that, you should go back to basic logic.

That’s how I knew we were frauds last year, when we barely beating UVA or VT.
My idea of big wins are going on the road to places like BIG HOUSES, COLISEUMS, THE SHOES 100,000 home field fans and SLOBBER KNOCKED THEM OUT 🙌🙌🙌🙌

Not a Thursday night blackout at VT 45-50 thousand fans.

Example Canes went to Michigan Bo was the coach and with minutes left drive up and down the field and WIN.

MICHIGAN NEVER PLSYED US AGAIN THESE ARE WHALES WHOM THE PRESS SHOOTS DNA ALL OVER WITH THERE EYES ROLLING BACK.

THIS IS WHAT WE “ SHOULD “ BE DOING THIS IS CANE WHO WE ARE.

@OriginalCanesCanesCanes @OriginalGatorHater
Type post well what do yah think ?

Sorry CAPS

GOCANES

Advertisement
Do you work at the Excuse Factory, or Deflection Corp.? It’s gotta be one or the other.

Hint: it definitely matters whether you are intolerant of losing, and kf you don’t grasp that, you should go back to basic logic.
How many coaches have you personally hired and fired for the University of Miami? If the answer is ZERO, then you need to STFU now.

So you’re good with Group 3 then and that’s good. People can caveat and clarify things in here. Btw, did you do Jaguar stuff or Jaco stuff? I’ve never been there.
I was in Jaco for a week but drove from there to Fortuna which is inland and has a big lake/volcano/jungle. Then off to Guatemala Tuesday, then Mexico, then probably Puerto Rico. I'm working remote so why not.

Costa Rica is pretty awesome but Colombia and Brazil are by far my favorite countries in Central or South America. However, i have a serious girlfriend now so i thought it was smart to skip those two (i don't just like those places due to the women).

Last edited:
Advertisement
I was in Jaco for a week but drove from there to Fortuna which is inland and has a big lake/volcano/jungle. Then off to Guatemala Tuesday, then Mexico, then probably Puerto Rico. I'm working remote so why not.

Costa Rica is pretty awesome but Colombia and Brazil are by far my favorite countries in Central or South America. However, i have a serious girlfriend now so i thought it was smart to skip those two.
I love Cartagena. Where else do you like going in Colombia? You drove into Guatemala I assume. How’s the safety situation? I go to places people think are unsafe and I feel fine so just curious.

Losing to Bama and Clemson is to be expected. I hope people can wrap their heads around that.

Cover the spread against Bama.

Get revenge on UNC.

Kick the **** out of FSU.

Win the the Coastal and give Clemson a run for their money.

Get a win in a legit bowl game.

Continue building for the future with another strong recruiting class.

Losing to Bama and Clemson is to be expected. I hope people can wrap their heads around that.

Cover the spread against Bama.

Get revenge on UNC.

Kick the **** out of FSU.

Win the the Coastal and give Clemson a run for their money.

Get a win in a legit bowl game.

Continue building for the future with another strong recruiting class.
Bama and Clemson would be the only games we should be an underdog at this point in time. 11-1 regular season, 11-2 after Clemson. 12-2 after bowl game.

we return basically everyone and upgraded at db and some defensive coaches. No excuses with this trash schedule.

less than 10 wins? Hotter seat. No excuses.

Advertisement
Back