What are your expectations for 2021??

Advertisement
Advertisement
Definitely agreed with all this. To add on the maturity factor, we won three out of four games that were decided by a TD or less. And would have beat OSU had we not been screwed over on the tipped INT.

Adding what I'd like to see (beyond the obvious WR/DB/LB play) that should contribute to an increased win total:

-A big step up for Chaney and Rooster. Coupled with more consistent run blocking, this could be a huge factor.
-No major drop-off on the DL, with Nesta finally putting it all together.
-Massively improved PR/KR.
-A young WR to emerge as a real threat.
-Arroyo to fill Brevin's shoes.
-Stop coming out flat-footed, especially after the bye week.

And, unrelated, no more TD rings. Has anyone thought about turning mouth guards into grills? That's a bit more genuine to us.

These should all be expected going into year three and are mostly necessary to improve the record.

I got my eye on Arroyo, man. I like this kid. I don’t think we skip a beat at the TE position. If we do, I’ll be legit shocked. Like for real shocked.

1. 15-0
2. King wins Heisman
3. Bolden Thorpe
4. Borregales keeps Groza in the family
5. Mallory wins Mackey
6. Lou gets Ray Guy he should've gotten this season.
7. Silvera wins outland
8. Frieeson wins Nagurski trophy.
9. We lead the nation in rushing and have all three backs eclipse the 1k yards.
10. Get #1 recruiting class

Predickshun- the U beats Bama by a surprizin 2 tds then trips up against CCSU on Sept 25 but stumbles into the playoff with a squeak out win over Clem’s son. Quote me on dat!

Advertisement
ACC championship game.
At some point we have to start winning the coastal consistently.
No reason at all why it can't start this year.

10+ wins w/ a match up in the ACCCG. That’s my expectations, and I don’t believe that’s setting the bar high at all. Have all the ingredients for a very successful season:

-3rd yr as a HC (which per recent results, this is the time most successful coaches hit that 10+ win feat & take off)

-Best, competent support staff in yrs (kudos to Manny for this)

-Upper classmen leadership (again, kudos to Manny & staff for helping young men make logical decisions)

-Play making QB

-WR issues should be lessened w/ the arrival of Sylvester Stallone, alias Rambo

-Powder Puff schedule sans our 1st game to kick off, which should give us the gonads to smoke everyone else we play

-6 yr defensive scheme & a consistent offensive scheme where the playbook should be 2nd nature

I mean, UNC still have their QB, but r losing their two headed monster.
VT under Pendejo Fuentes is a hot mess.

UVA is still coal mining in the 21st century w/ their lunch pail type players.

Pitt has Whipple as their OC, blood (I chuckle), & they are losing elite talent along the DL.

Dook I mean Duke, I mean Dookie.....nvm

And GT don’t know what the fck they are.

If we don’t win the Coastal this yr, under these circumstances....man, u already know.

I can't see how anyone can argue with that.

Advertisement
Win the games we are supposed to win and lose the game we are supposed to lose. We SHOULD only lose one game during the regular season.

10-2 in the regular season. I have us conquering the ACC giant Clemson in the ACCCG. Still won't see playoffs but we'll see a REALLY good team in the OB. Experience/Older players matter and Coaching matters....and we finally have BOTH.

I think we finish with 11 wins in 2021, and if I'm being honest at this point I'd rather win the ACC title and lose in the OB than vice versa....all 11 win seasons ARE NOT created equal in that scenario LOL want that 1st ACC title BAD

Advertisement
1. 15-0
2. King wins Heisman
3. Bolden Thorpe
4. Borregales keeps Groza in the family
5. Mallory wins Mackey
6. Lou gets Ray Guy he should've gotten this season.
7. Silvera wins outland
8. Frieeson wins Nagurski trophy.
9. We lead the nation in rushing and have all three backs eclipse the 1k yards.
10. Get #1 recruiting class
This would require a major step forward by the OL but I like it.

Put another 50 burger on FSU.
Go Ahead Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Back