On O
- Scheme that doesn't allow King to get murdered by OL play
- Quick release strikes to WRs in space
- Push from OL to give RBs something to work with
- Sustained drives with multiple 1st downs
- FG scoring consistency
- King's accuracy
- WR's catching
- King showing some scrambling (but not just for doing it sake)

On D
- DL that bullies UAB OL and backfield
- LBs stopping run
- DBs who don't give up 4th and 17 regardless of what Blake calls
On O & D... have supply on hand of Pervitin... courtesy of the Krauts.

I am dying to see us flying around.

While working like fingers on a hand. No thought, not forced - just naturally, instinctively doing their part.

On O
- Scheme that doesn't allow King to get murdered by OL play
- Quick release strikes to WRs in space
- Push from OL to give RBs something to work with
- Sustained drives with multiple 1st downs
- FG scoring consistency
- King's accuracy
- WR's catching
- King showing some scrambling (but not just for doing it sake)

On D
- DL that bullies UAB OL and backfield
- LBs stopping run
- DBs who don't give up 4th and 17 regardless of what Blake calls

obliteration on O
destruction on D

everything else is incidental.

Advertisement
Not expecting perfection but will be impressed with smooth procedural operations in terms of the sideline, solid tackling, not too many penalties.

Advertisement
Offense:

Consistency. I don't need a ton of points but I do want to see the offense move the ball and not have to rely solely on the big play. Converting third downs and moving the chains, even if the drive eventually stalls is a good sign. (Obviously I'd love to see 50 points but I'm being realistic and reasonable)

Defense:

Get off the field on 3rd down. That was really my only beef from last season. Also, can the defensive line generate pass rush without Rousseau?

Advertisement
I'm looking for a large enough lead late 3rd or early 4th quarter that we get our 2nd and 3rd string some playing time. Nothing makes me happier than seeing our starters get rest and the younger guys getting a chance to show off (see Savannah State).
This. I want to see our starters on the bench by the end of the 3rd quarter.

Consistency. I want to be the best offense and defense on the field every quarter. A huge sign of good coaching and future success is consistent domination. Maybe we won't "dominate," but I want us outplay them the whole game.

Make a statement. Make it impossible to ignore. I want Finebaum wearing the turnover chain.
I was going to make a post like this. This can be a huge statement game. Of course the talking heads would say it's just UAB, but they would know what was coming, even if they initially deny it.

I just hope and pray the statement we make isn't one of here we go again.

Advertisement
Back