We've trailed for 3:27 in the 5 wins combined

We've been winning close, sloppy slog fests in the ACC since the Shannon era. Problem is we usually lose some too. When you are always in these sloppy dog fights every week, it will catch up to you.

Louisville, FSU and Pitt weren't close. Its been 1 game and that was UVA. If you want to keep lumping in the Pitt game knock yourself out but that game was never in doubt. Even with King trying to make it close with the free TD he gave them.

That being said, IF Manny loses to any team left on the schedule, including UNC, he should be fired on the spot. I have a feeling he loses to VT, as Fuente with a mobile QB has whipped Manny's D up and down the field every time so far.

Advertisement
It’s groundhogs day at Miami. The 5-1 crowd remind me of the Coker days when fans (like myself) were beginning to question old Larry for beginning to see the holes of a sinking ship and the slurpers hid behind his record ignoring what their eyes showed them. At least, Coker won a title so fans defending him was understandable. This should be easier for fans to identify. Clearly, it’s not.

I’m a numbers guy but even I know stats, this year, isn’t telling a truthful story.

Yes.

Here's another simple question: Are you guys happy with the way this team has played the last 3 games?
Not necessarily but a win is a win. Rather win than to look GREAT in a loss anyday. Not everything going to be perfect all the time

Last edited:
I think that what it tells, is that Manny found a way for our offense to score enough to win....AND give our defense the breaks it needs, because our defense IS EXCEPTIONAL.

Yes thats right, I said that. But clearly it has been through this season. You can say the same for the Clemson game, outside of the fact that it took nearly 3 quarter to adjust, lol.

Next question, will be...can our defense maintain this throughout the duration of the season, because the toughest games are coming.
Mabo, so far, has found a way to beat terrible teams and get destroyed by a great team. That's pretty much what we've been doing here for the last 17 years with the exception of the last couple games of last year, which were Mabo's fault anyway.

All I get from watching UM this season is that UM is good enough to beat other decent to good teams but got crushed by the one contender we played. Just keep winning so we can sign a great recruiting class.

Advertisement
Not necessarily but a win is a win. Rather win then to look GREAT in a loss anyday. Not everything going to be perfect all the time
These are all cliches, young brother. It's impossible to look GREAT and lose to Pitt or UVAG. So you wouldn't have to worry about looking GREAT in a loss so far this season. We've played horrible teams other than Clemson, and we know what they did to us.

These are all cliches, young brother. It's impossible to look GREAT and lose to Pitt or UVAG. So you wouldn't have to worry about looking GREAT in a loss so far this season. We've played horrible teams other than Clemson, and we know what they did to us.
And just last year we were losing to horrible teams duke, fiu , la tech(didn’t even score), struggled vs cmu. I’ll just take victories at this point, it’s a process

It’s the coaching. Don’t think it’s players. I mean coaching in the sense of putting the right guys on the field to route teams instead of them being so close. We have those players the coaches just don’t trust them.
They don’t trust em cause they’re not that good cause the coaches lean into their weaknesses cause That’s what UM is about.

Advertisement
And just last year we were losing to horrible teams duke, fiu , la tech(didn’t even score), struggled vs cmu. I’ll just take victories at this point, it’s a process
100 but the team is not close to being a contender and would get murked by all of the contenders. there are enough good players to kill the teams we struggle with

Yes.

Here's another simple question: Are you guys happy with the way this team has played the last 3 games?

I find your three game sample size amusing. Why are you ignoring the first three games and focusing on only the last three?

Our defense hasn't given up much since Clemson and our offense has been average to below average against the best defenses we will face.

We are not allowed to use stats, according to you, and should rely on the "eyeball test", which is the most subjective thing ever. You are using the eyeball test against the 3 game sample size of your choice (includes the best defenses we will see all year and the number one team in the nation) to spin a narrative of how bad things are.

Someone comes on the board with a stat about how good we have been with respect to...oh you know... WINNING THE GAMES, and you discredit that. Bizzare stuff

The "a win is a win" crowd may never learn. There was a ton of momentum generated the first few weeks but amassing 211 yards against Clemson sure did stifle it. Pitt and UVA were missed opportunities to re-generate excitement and confidence despite Manny Diaz trying to manufacture it with his childish and embarrassing sliding display following a 5-point win over a 4-loss team.

If we don't snap out of this funk we're in offensively we'll probably finish 8-3, and the same dudes who believe "a win is a win" will be exultant when celebrating our improved record and top-15 recruiting class. On the flip side, at 5-1 we can continue to eek out ugly, boring games against other middling ACC teams on our way to a 10-1 finish until we get slapped into orbit again by a real team/program on December 19th in Charlotte. Whatever ends up happening, what we should expect/demand is improvement and playing our best ball by the time we face UNC.

You let the low bar Mabo set last year trip you up. But that's OK.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The "a win is a win" crowd may never learn. There was a ton of momentum generated the first few weeks but amassing 211 yards against Clemson sure did stifle it. Pitt and UVA were missed opportunities to re-generate excitement and confidence despite Manny Diaz trying to manufacture it with his childish and embarrassing sliding display following a 5-point win over a 4-loss team.

If we don't snap out of this funk we're in offensively we'll probably finish 8-3, and the same dudes who believe "a win is a win" will be exultant when celebrating our improved record and top-15 recruiting class. On the flip side, at 5-1 we can continue to eek out ugly, boring games against other middling ACC teams on our way to a 10-1 finish until we get slapped into orbit again by a real team/program on December 19th in Charlotte. Whatever ends up happening, what we should expect/demand is improvement and playing our best ball by the time we face UNC.

The entire premise of the thread was NOT that "a win is a win". It was, we are winning, and we're winning games that we're very rarely even losing at any point in the game. A win is a win is a very thinly veiled excuse. A win was a win against GT in 2017. But we had no business winning that game, and we all know that. The 5 games we've won, we've trailed for less than 1% of the game. They've been comfortable. I don't give a flying fvck who we've played, at NO POINT in any of the past 15 years have we gone 5-1 and in those 5 wins did I not think for a second that we would lose.

Does that mean this team is elite? Of course not. But the whining and crying and ****ing and moaning here is nauseating. We've won 83% of our games this year and in those wins, I was nervous for about 4 seconds. Out of all 5. Who cares who we've played? In the past, no matter who we played, that hasn't happened. So, if the wheels fall off, they fall off. But crying every minute about how the team has played up to this point is classic mope behavior. You don't have to throw a party...I sure as **** am not thumping my chest about how good Miami is. But good lord stop crying about ******* everything. Enjoy the program you support winning games in which they're barely even really significantly challenged. It hasn't happened this much in the first half of a season in literally decades.

The entire premise of the thread was NOT that "a win is a win". It was, we are winning, and we're winning games that we're very rarely even losing at any point in the game. A win is a win is a very thinly veiled excuse. A win was a win against GT in 2017. But we had no business winning that game, and we all know that. The 5 games we've won, we've trailed for less than 1% of the game. They've been comfortable. I don't give a flying fvck who we've played, at NO POINT in any of the past 15 years have we gone 5-1 and in those 5 wins did I not think for a second that we would lose.

Does that mean this team is elite? Of course not. But the whining and crying and ****ing and moaning here is nauseating. We've won 83% of our games this year and in those wins, I was nervous for about 4 seconds. Out of all 5. Who cares who we've played? In the past, no matter who we played, that hasn't happened. So, if the wheels fall off, they fall off. But crying every minute about how the team has played up to this point is classic mope behavior. You don't have to throw a party...I sure as **** am not thumping my chest about how good Miami is. But good lord stop crying about ******* everything. Enjoy the program you support winning games in which they're barely even really significantly challenged. It hasn't happened this much in the first half of a season in literally decades.
We may have a different definition for barely even really significantly challenged. I'm all for enjoying the ride while confronting the warning signs we're all too familiar with. We have witnessed sloppy wins on a sloppy field since we moved to JRS. We know what mediocrity looks like. However, I'm optimistic headed into this home stretch and do not want to be disappointed.

We may have a different definition for barely even really significantly challenged. I'm all for enjoying the ride while confronting the warning signs we're all too familiar with.

Fair enough. Maybe I’ve been Goldenized, or Cokerized, or Shannonized...insert a Franchise cliche here....but I sat through FIU and La Tech and Duke last year and COUNTLESS others the past 15 years that I’m not gonna **** and moan for too long over a game that we win and never trail for the entire game. Because for years and years, we’ve lost these games, we’ve been down most or all of these games, or we’ve won these games that we were losing the majority of the time. That’s struggling, to me. And while I’m not happy with what I watched against UVA, I’m not burning my UM **** over it either.

Some people use crazy things like a scoreboard to judge performance, I for one only gage team success by watching grown men on the CIS gameday thread have emotional breakdowns over every play.
CFL them there are fightin' words.......love "over every play"....Last three words are strong..

Advertisement
Back