We've trailed for 3:27 in the 5 wins combined

I find your three game sample size amusing. Why are you ignoring the first three games and focusing on only the last three?

Our defense hasn't given up much since Clemson and our offense has been average to below average against the best defenses we will face.

We are not allowed to use stats, according to you, and should rely on the "eyeball test", which is the most subjective thing ever. You are using the eyeball test against the 3 game sample size of your choice (includes the best defenses we will see all year and the number one team in the nation) to spin a narrative of how bad things are.

Someone comes on the board with a stat about how good we have been with respect to...oh you know... WINNING THE GAMES, and you discredit that. Bizzare stuff
Why only use this season? This offense has been putrid for years. These last 3 games the O has fallen back to what it’s been the last 5 years. 12 quarters of good football, 3 games ago, is an anomaly... not a trend.

That being said, I don’t think Lashlee is going to go out like our last 3 OCs. I’m looking forward to him getting shlt together for good after the bye.

Advertisement
These are all cliches, young brother. It's impossible to look GREAT and lose to Pitt or UVAG. So you wouldn't have to worry about looking GREAT in a loss so far this season. We've played horrible teams other than Clemson, and we know what they did to us.
This dudes a clown. How do you stay so mad 24/7? I can't imagine just watching every game being so ****ed every Saturday. Then coming to this message board and spending all day ****ting on every positive post. Get a life man.

The entire premise of the thread was NOT that "a win is a win". It was, we are winning, and we're winning games that we're very rarely even losing at any point in the game. A win is a win is a very thinly veiled excuse. A win was a win against GT in 2017. But we had no business winning that game, and we all know that. The 5 games we've won, we've trailed for less than 1% of the game. They've been comfortable. I don't give a flying fvck who we've played, at NO POINT in any of the past 15 years have we gone 5-1 and in those 5 wins did I not think for a second that we would lose.

Does that mean this team is elite? Of course not. But the whining and crying and ****ing and moaning here is nauseating. We've won 83% of our games this year and in those wins, I was nervous for about 4 seconds. Out of all 5. Who cares who we've played? In the past, no matter who we played, that hasn't happened. So, if the wheels fall off, they fall off. But crying every minute about how the team has played up to this point is classic mope behavior. You don't have to throw a party...I sure as **** am not thumping my chest about how good Miami is. But good lord stop crying about ******* everything. Enjoy the program you support winning games in which they're barely even really significantly challenged. It hasn't happened this much in the first half of a season in literally decades.
You don't have to be losing or trailing in a game to be playing poorly when you're playing horrible teams. We played Clemson the same way we played against Pitt and UVAG and trailed for the entire 60 minutes.

The "rarely trailing" stat sounds nice, but it's pretty irrelevant as to what is actually transpiring game to game. We could beat Akron 10-7 and lead for 59 minutes. Totally unimpressive game performance though where we turn it over 5 times, give up a ton of yards but they turn it back over to us. Then, we could beat UNC 32-27 in a back and forth game where both teams are on fire. No turnovers. Some occasional key stops. In that game, we trailed for 25 minutes.

I'm bipolar because while I don't think Asslee is as good as advertised, I'm still confident in our ability to hit on big plays and limit teams defensively to around 20-ish points. So my disdain for Asslee erupts once in a while but, like an a-hole, I'm expecting the offense to heat up based on Jordan's return and playing some pretty crummy defenses down the stretch.

I respect this response

Advertisement
I stumbled onto this a few mins ago and it's pretty staggering....this board is filled with people lamenting the fact that we haven't won pretty enough, or by enough points, or the way they think we should have etc. etc. etc.

But this number is pretty telling, IMO.

In the 5 wins, there has been a total of 300 minutes of game time. Miami has trailed in the football game for a TOTAL of 3 minutes and 27 seconds in those 5 games. Total. Besides Clemson, we've been losing a football game for a whopping 3 minutes and 27 seconds this season.

Went down 7-0 to UAB after the fumbled punt.....next drive, TD to tie the game in 1:36, never trailed again

Went down 3-0 to Louisville, next drive, TD to take the lead in 1:51, never trailed again

Never trailed at any point in the FSU, Pitt, or UVA games.

So, for those of you saying that the 5-1 is a mirage, and we stink, and we're gonna get rolled later in the year...you might be right. But you can't point to recent history in order to make your points, either:

In the 2017 season (aka the last time we thought we might be a pretty good team), we were losing outright at the half to Toledo, we were losing with a minute left in the game to FSU, we were losing with a minute left in the game to Georgia Tech, we were losing most of the first half to UNC, we were losing literally the entire first half against UVA....and then a couple injuries and good teams later, it caught up to us.

Even going back to the team before that we thought might be good...2013. Started the year 7-0. Losing almost at the end of the 1st quarter to a terrible UF team, losing 17-7 to Georgia Tech at the end of 1, the Thursday night game at UNC where we had to pull the game out of our asses, we were losing with less than a minute to go in the game at home to Wake Forest, for Christ's sake.

I don't know, I'm not saying this is a great team by any means. I was incredibly disappointed in the offense on Saturday night. But we're 5-1, we've beaten 5 teams we should beat (haven't we all said for years "If we could just beat the teams we should" ??) and we've trailed for literally less than 1% of those 5 games. There was a little sweat there against UVA, and other than that I've had my feet up smoking a cigar in the 4th quarter of every other game. Are we not allowed to at least take some joy in that and see how the rest of the year plays out before we spray diarrhea in literally every thread?
No, how dare you try to have a positive outlook

I stumbled onto this a few mins ago and it's pretty staggering....this board is filled with people lamenting the fact that we haven't won pretty enough, or by enough points, or the way they think we should have etc. etc. etc.

In the 5 wins, there has been a total of 300 minutes of game time. Miami has trailed in the football game for a TOTAL of 3 minutes and 27 seconds in those 5 games. Total. Besides Clemson, we've been losing a football game for a whopping 3 minutes and 27 seconds this season.

Went down 7-0 to UAB after the fumbled punt.....next drive, TD to tie the game in 1:36, never trailed again

Went down 3-0 to Louisville, next drive, TD to take the lead in 1:51, never trailed again

So, for those of you saying that the 5-1 is a mirage, and we stink, and we're gonna get rolled later in the year...you might be right. But you can't point to recent history in order to make your points, either:

In the 2017 season (aka the last time we thought we might be a pretty good team), we were losing outright at the half to Toledo, we were losing with a minute left in the game to FSU, we were losing with a minute left in the game to Georgia Tech, we were losing most of the first half to UNC, we were losing literally the entire first half against UVA....and then a couple injuries and good teams later, it caught up to us.

Even going back to the team before that we thought might be good...2013. Started the year 7-0. Losing almost at the end of the 1st quarter to a terrible UF team, losing 17-7 to Georgia Tech at the end of 1, the Thursday night game at UNC where we had to pull the game out of our asses, we were losing with less than a minute to go in the game at home to Wake Forest, for Christ's sake.

I don't know, I'm not saying this is a great team by any means. I was incredibly disappointed in the offense on Saturday night. But we're 5-1, we've beaten 5 teams we should beat (haven't we all said for years "If we could just beat the teams we should" ??) and we've trailed for literally less than 1% of those 5 games. There was a little sweat there against UVA, and other than that I've had my feet up smoking a cigar in the 4th quarter of every other game. Are we not allowed to at least take some joy in that and see how the rest of the year plays out before we spray diarrhea in literally every thread?
Interesting, good stuff. We have a game in a week. Win that game. Week to week, I am praying for wins so Manny can win the offseason again and upgrade the talent. I would like him to be feared by his players but I am 47 and that may not even fly anymore...

This dudes a clown. How do you stay so mad 24/7? I can't imagine just watching every game being so ****ed every Saturday. Then coming to this message board and spending all day ****ting on every positive post. Get a life man.
Wounded Warrior number 2,211. I'll send you a pair of my dirty undies to satisfy your lust for my *******. Just give me your address via PM.

Wounded Warrior number 2,211. I'll send you a pair of my dirty undies to satisfy your lust for my *******. Just give me your address via PM.
Stop It Michael Jordan GIF

Advertisement
Maybe you’ve missed the last 15 seasons where Miami has lost to teams that suck. Going from losing to bad teams to beating them is called improvement.
It is improvement......but not the kind of improvement Miami fans want and it better not be what dIAZ likes. Lets see the next 4 games play out.
I know we dont have the talent to beat top tier teams. But the harley comments shows how weak the players are. that is also on the coaches but with dIAZ being the HC I am not surprised. Coaching has been the issue at miami since Butch left. he wasnt the greatest X and O coach but he knew and developed talent. But he also made the right hires. As long as dIAZ is here this will be what miami is......struggling against less talent with average or above average coaching.

When the HC sets the bar at a historically pathetic level, giving him a pass for minor improvement from that low bar is lowering the standard. It's no different than fans yapping about Folden's "improvement" for winning 9 games when it was pretty obvious we still sucked even though we won a couple more games.

Make the standard the standard, and quit allowing horrific performance to lower the standard. We were vomit last year, and a lot of that was directly a result of bad coaching and lack of leadership.

It's like your girlfriend ballooning up to 300 pounds. You happy if she incrementally improves to 290 pounds over the course of a year (this isn't for my dude Parranose)?
Curious as too what would make you satisfied with the wins? Does Manny need to blowout opponents but 2-3 TD's?
Was it a pretty win? No, but we were in control for most of the game. Except for Blades bonehead play, The U was controlling the game.
Is it possible that Lashlee was trying to establish the run & get the Oline to start opening homes fort the RB's? We ran the ball 48 x's 2nd highest attempts only behind the 52 X's against UAB.
Again it wasn't pretty but it was a Win, and it wasn't like last year, where we had to play catch up and try to win the game.

No doubt the team has improved on O enough to make us better but it looks and feels a lot like 2017 and I think it’s too fresh for people to not recognize big problems and luck turning into disaster later on. King may be what keeps us from that fallout though

How does someone think this post is dumb? Are they 11 years old?

Advertisement
It is improvement......but not the kind of improvement Miami fans want and it better not be what dIAZ likes. Lets see the next 4 games play out.
I know we dont have the talent to beat top tier teams. But the harley comments shows how weak the players are. that is also on the coaches but with dIAZ being the HC I am not surprised. Coaching has been the issue at miami since Butch left. he wasnt the greatest X and O coach but he knew and developed talent. But he also made the right hires. As long as dIAZ is here this will be what miami is......struggling against less talent with average or above average coaching.
Pretty much every member of Butch’s staff stayed when he left besides Schiano who had already taken the Rutgers position.

These are all cliches, young brother. It's impossible to look GREAT and lose to Pitt or UVAG. So you wouldn't have to worry about looking GREAT in a loss so far this season. We've played horrible teams other than Clemson, and we know what they did to us.
Now that U.N.C. lost to UVa. & they gave up 44 points what you’ve got say?
UVa. put up 44 on N.C., & only 14 against The U, plus their last TD was on a play that was a fluke, and for whatever reason we weren’t even in position for the play
Just maybe Manny & Lashlee felt confident enough to try and re-establish the run and weren’t concerned with how many we scored as long as we Won?
Should UGa. start calling for Kirby’s job because they only beat a 2-4 UKy. by 11 (14-3)?

Advertisement
Now that U.N.C. lost to UVa. & they gave up 44 points what you’ve got say?
UVa. put up 44 on N.C., & only 14 against The U, plus their last TD was on a play that was a fluke, and for whatever reason we weren’t even in position for the play
Just maybe Manny & Lashlee felt confident enough to try and re-establish the run and weren’t concerned with how many we scored as long as we Won?
Should UGa. start calling for Kirby’s job because they only beat a 2-4 UKy. by 11 (14-3)?
Here’s what I have to say, shytzee, since you’re so focused on me: Is UNC now the high bar for you low expectation having lowlifes? Mighty UNC lost, so that means we played a superhuman game beating a 1-5 team? UNC losing to UVAG doesn’t mean we played well against UVAG, goofball.

I bet you also think that we should be declared the winner of our upcoming game against UNC automatically because we beat two teams they lost to don’t you?

I brought this stat up in another thread although I may have gotten the math slightly wrong. Point still remains and you said something else that resonated with me. That you’ve had your feet up the 4th quarter in almost every win. I was literally thinking about how chill I’ve been at the end of games compared to every other years.

This is all we’ve asked for now for over a decade. Beat the teams you are suppose to. It’s OK to be a little upset when we underperform against UVA(who btw didn’t look like a terrible team vs UNC). But we’re 5-1 and if we continue recruiting and winning games we are suppose to, we will have steady upward trajectory.

We may never be back, or maybe we will, but it certainly won’t happen overnight.

I brought this stat up in another thread although I may have gotten the math slightly wrong. Point still remains and you said something else that resonated with me. That you’ve had your feet up the 4th quarter in almost every win. I was literally thinking about how chill I’ve been at the end of games compared to every other years.

This is all we’ve asked for now for over a decade. Beat the teams you are suppose to. It’s OK to be a little upset when we underperform against UVA(who btw didn’t look like a terrible team vs UNC). But we’re 5-1 and if we continue recruiting and winning games we are suppose to, we will have steady upward trajectory.

We may never be back, or maybe we will, but it certainly won’t happen overnight.
You guys had your feet up in the 4th quarter of the Pitt and UVAG games? You must have been icing a sprained ankle or drunk to the point of passing out.

You guys had your feet up in the 4th quarter of the Pitt and UVAG games? You must have been icing a sprained ankle or drunk to the point of passing out.
Almost every win is what I said brother. I put em down for a sec and got a forward lean going for a few minutes of the UVAG game. Pitt game wasn't a concern. People are making that game out to be closer than it was.

Advertisement
Back