We're number one, we're number one...

Advertisement
Lmao. You having this take is the least surprising thing ever. The guy has totally revamped this program, has us at #1 and is doing extremely well in recruiting, But yeah it was all a cosmic fluke that finally worked out for us.

Maybe hold your nut until we win the UF series Homer McHomerson. But I am cautiously optimistic on Gino.

Advertisement
Im doing the same. Make sure you leave early. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve driven down on a Friday night to see the Canes and it takes 3+ hours from WPB. Friday traffic at those hours are brutal.

Im headed down around lunchtime, meeting a client for lunch... and heading to Duffy’s down the road to pregame.

Go canes!
Thanks for the heads up. I know traffic is going to suck. Bringing my girl (and Cane alum) with me and she can’t leave until 4pm so fingers crossed

Just an FYI, it's February 17th. Don't forget that Al Golden and Mark Richt were both undefeated into at least October and we saw how those seasons turned out.

Who cares? It's useless to try to compare across sports. Miami has had a **** of a lot more success in baseball than we have in football over the past 2 decades. Why not actually use the sport you are actually talking about as a reference?

Without Zamora, I don't think we have enough consistent offense to be the #1 team. At the same time our starting pitching puts us in good position to win against everyone we play. The last time we beat UF was 2014. It's no surprise that was the last time, prior to this year, we had the better rotation

Yes, he was a lazy hire. Yes, he only got the job because of family connections. And yes, it appears to be working out anyway.

Exactly. A good process and a good result aren't necessarily the same thing. Unless some people consider it a good process for a team coming off its worst two seasons in a half century to not only promote someone from that staff, but that person also be the son of the largest donor?

That being said, Gino appears to be doing a good job so far, I've liked some of the moves he's made, such as bringing in Anderson as DPD, and this team is young, talented and hopefully will kick the crap out of the Gates.

Advertisement
So you completely missed the point while celebrating the opening weekend championship.

The true humor is you decided to randomly compare one sport to another with two teams that didn't come close to being #1 during that time, then called some type of celebration.

Advertisement
The true humor is you decided to randomly compare one sport to another with two teams that didn't come close to being #1 during that time, then called some type of celebration.

Mark Richt didn't come close to being #1? I direct you to the CFP rankings on November 21, 2017.

Advertisement
You said the opening weekend, then October, now late November.

Make up your mind.

I get it, you got owned and now you have to twist your way out of it. Here was the original quote:

"Just an FYI, it's February 17th. Don't forget that Al Golden and Mark Richt were both undefeated into at least October and we saw how those seasons turned out."

But, yes, Gino was a successful hire because his team is ranked #1 in one poll after one series. He doesn't need to actually win anything. Just get to the top in February and you were a good hire.

I can't remember, is DiMare still a lazy hire who only got the job because of family connections or is that opinion officially done now?

So he can have a 30-24 regular season and never make it to Omaha, but the opinion is "officially done now" since he started 3-0. The biggest question now is where will the statue go?

Advertisement
Back