#WelcomeToTheU Ty Gauthier

People need to pointing the finger at the issue and that is Shalala she is the real problem. AG **** sure isnt going to get 4 and 5 star in the our back yard by slow playing them. Miami football went to **** because of the bs hires instead of going after top coaches,,,,,, My coaches would be Butch Davis and T Rob, Cooley would have two more years and he would be gone too

I agree with most of this but Butch Davis is not walking through the door anytime soon. Wouldnt want T Rob just cause he has never been a HC before and that would probably be another Radio scenario. **** I was wishing for Golden to go to Penn State and then hoping we could steal Strong before he agreed with UT

T Rob D cord , Butch HC Cooley OC for another year but Strong will be great fit imo he might get kicked out of TX. That a good ole boy system with kids thinking they have entitlements which will get him fired. IMO

I live in Austin. Strong will get at least 3 years at minimum. And he would really have to f'up for them to fire him.
I mean 3 losing seasons in a row which I dont see happening.

If he doent go for this since of entitlement what happens to him? Million dollar boosters kids who want scholarship to tx and dont get one ???:noidea:

Advertisement
another thread gone south!!! getting to the point where if I see more than 4 pages, chances are the thread is gone south!!!

Looking at his highlights he can't pass block at all.

So what?

Are you really expecting a high school offensive lineman to have the technique of a 5th year NFL player?

In a normal situation, something Golden hasn't had since he's been here, an incoming freshman wouldn't play until his 2nd year at the earliest, and ideally until his 3rd year.

I'd rather have a player whose best football is 3 years from now, instead of a Jeff Luc, whose best football was as a senior in high school.

That's what recruiting is all about.
It's pretty easy to look and say, "that Sean Taylor kid is going to be pretty good."

The genius comes in looking at a young Jim Kelly, who everyone wants as a linebacker, and seeing an All American quarterback.
Or a fat Russell Maryland and seeing an Outland winner 3 years down the road.

The jury's still out on Golden because of the lack of time and the dysfunction caused by the 3 year NCAA Fuuck story.

Golden's 1st 2 years of recruiting involved us taking any warm body who said "yes," sprinkled in with a few die hards like Duke.

Not Golden's fault that if a kid's family asked, "is UM going to get the death penalty?" His only answer, without lying, had to be, "we don't know."

Starting with last year, the chains came off and we recruited a phenomenal class of athletes/football players, with many of them initially being low star non national recruits, who blew up.

Welcome to the U Ty Gauthier, and prove to the doubters, which seems to be 90% of Canes "fans," that you are the baller our coaches know you are.

Lol at the jury still being out on Golden.

He might be an above-average recruiter (maybe), but his coaching sucks. We've seen more than enough to know that.

Advertisement
Venice plays tough competition in the Sarasota and Bradenton area. If Manatee on their schedule then it will be interesting to see Guthier vs. UM commit Fines. FYI...UM coaching does leave doubt.

I don't think AG has a huge effect on OL development. I look at the OL coach and he's really good. Not worried at all

Funny thing is that this kid is not an unknown.

He's a 2nd team all state player as a junior.
He's also a South Florida kid.

What happened to all the, "we have to keep the local stars?"

Maybe, to some of you, he's not a "true" South Florida kid because he comes from Southwest Florida and not from the hood or Little Havana.

Advertisement
I like him better than Mahoney. Pretty flexible, good drive, has some pop to him. Definitely an interior guy.

Where is gogeta, this is his area of expertise. Anyway, I feel like the OL is the one area I can give the staff the benefit of the doubt......

*Kid has good to great feet. Low stance and fires out of that stance...not a knee bender...kid seems flexible and athletic
*Finishes off guys...i like ot see guys punish those little guys they go against..lot of the big kids in high school dont have that mean streak and they get to the next level because of their size and STILL dont have it (Ian Symonette, etc)
*Road grader in the run game..locks on and thats all she wrote
*Showed ability of getting to the next level
* Has room to grow and cna play multiple spots...

Not mad at the take...LOAD Up on them F"IN olineman. Dude has the last name of royalty..he can hang with Standish and Clive...all three gotta be some dignataries to some european country.

People need to pointing the finger at the issue and that is Shalala she is the real problem. AG **** sure isnt going to get 4 and 5 star in the our back yard by slow playing them. Miami football went to **** because of the bs hires instead of going after top coaches,,,,,, My coaches would be Butch Davis and T Rob, Cooley would have two more years and he would be gone too

I agree with most of this but Butch Davis is not walking through the door anytime soon. Wouldnt want T Rob just cause he has never been a HC before and that would probably be another Radio scenario. **** I was wishing for Golden to go to Penn State and then hoping we could steal Strong before he agreed with UT

As long as Donna is making the pick, there is no reason to think the next coach will be better than Al. If she would hire Chud and let him take Butch on a DC, then ok. BUT that is not going to happen.

Chub and T Rob/ Butch and Chub...... anybody is better than what we got.

Why would chud take a college job? Isn't he just waiting on the nfl again?

Advertisement
I like him better than Mahoney. Pretty flexible, good drive, has some pop to him. Definitely an interior guy.

Well, we have 4 committed. If someone better wants him you show one the door. I can't see us taking more than 4 in this class especially after we took 2 late signees last class and 5 in total (KC, Darling, Linder, Brown and Grimsley).

Advertisement
like the pick up, but, venice is not south florida. naples isn't south florida. Bradenton and Sarasota are not south florida.

Now that gogeta has signed off on the OL pick-up, everyone should be pumped.

100.gif

Who’s this latest offensive lineman my Hurricanes picked up from Venice, Fla.? What can you tell me about him? He doesn’t seem like a big time kid. Should I be worried?
Mad Dog - Hollywood, Fla.
No worries here Mad Dog as I think this is a nice find by the University of Miami. His name is Tyler Gauthier. Full disclosure here – I have only seen him on film and I really liked what I saw. He’s 6-foot-5, 310-pounds and strong as an ox. He already bench presses 395-pounds and power cleans 350, per his high school coach. Power clean is more of a football lift and anything over 300-pounds for a high school player is outstanding. Remember, this kid still has a year left.
Gauthier gets off the ball extremely well, showing a good burst off the line. Gauthier plays with leverage. What I mean with that is that he fires off the ball and shows good bend and flexibility in his hips. He comes out and up into defenders pads with a nice pop. This allows Gauthier to drive lineman off the ball. He plays low. Gauthier can get to the second level. He also shows agility to adjust his body and body angle to seal the edge. I really like the way this kid can run block.
I would have loved to have seen more of Gauthier is pass pro. But he’s athletic enough to mirror defensive ends and outside linebackers in what I have seen. He shows good lateral ability to keep pass rushers at bay or to simply steer them away from the quarterback.
Gauthier could become a swing guy at both tackle spots as well as a guard.

Advertisement
Back