#WelcomeToTheU Ty Gauthier

Dude doesn't even have a recruiting profile page, sigh

There's Mr. Sunshine!

Im sure first thing you did was check to see if he had an offer from FSU or SEC schools like a lot of complainers on here
whats wrong with that? Its pretty clear that some of those schools are evaluating talent better than we are.

You were probably one of those guys who busts a nut when we got dudes that Butch offered

if you want to attack the coaching staff for player development or scheme, there's another forum for that, but this staff has done a really good job in finding and evaluating talent. give credit where it's due

Really are you blind? This Temple south staff should been fired and talking about give credit :ibisroflmao: How about they start winning and stop making excuses? They slow play most of the big name kids in South Florida and you're talking about give them credit. Go choke yourself idiot

Advertisement
based of his highlight film, kid looks good. it's a highlight tape, so, not gonna see the bad, but, moves well and knocks people back. sometimes uses their momentum to take guys out of the play. locks on and doesn't let up until they are on the ground.

Where is gogeta, this is his area of expertise. Anyway, I feel like the OL is the one area I can give the staff the benefit of the doubt......

Advertisement
Dude's a great run blocker with good size, really good technique with great leg drive. Fires out low and keeps leverage, good eyes on the 2nd level stuff. Don't think he has the feet to be a college OT but showed enough to where he should be solid there at guard, looks like he anchors well enough but needs a lot of improvement with technique in pass pro.

On board with this analysis.

And you see that, guys? Instead of stumbling around like blind mules, arguing about whether this is a good pickup or not based solely on his Rivals page, this dude watched tape; developed an opinion; shared.

But, like, 24/7 doesn't have a composite ranking of him yet and I don't know how to pronounce his last name and I breathe exclusively through my mouth, so booooooo.

lll trust 247, Rivals, Scout, etc over my analysis from a highlight tape. Nearly all highlight tapes look strong.

No stars. No want.

Oh but wait, Ed Reed had only two stars.

Stop. Stars are the best indicator we have.

Dude's a great run blocker with good size, really good technique with great leg drive. Fires out low and keeps leverage, good eyes on the 2nd level stuff. Don't think he has the feet to be a college OT but showed enough to where he should be solid there at guard, looks like he anchors well enough but needs a lot of improvement with technique in pass pro.

On board with this analysis.

And you see that, guys? Instead of stumbling around like blind mules, arguing about whether this is a good pickup or not based solely on his Rivals page, this dude watched tape; developed an opinion; shared.

But, like, 24/7 doesn't have a composite ranking of him yet and I don't know how to pronounce his last name and I breathe exclusively through my mouth, so booooooo.

It's a French last name. Pronounced Go-T-A essentially.

Advertisement
It is statistically more likely for a 4 or 5 star player to turn into a good player than a low rated player. It's all about distribution. I have no problem with lower rated guys if they have a great frame, an outstanding attribute, etc., but if you think we can win at a championship level with only these types of kids you're wrong. Especially with this staff that has yet to prove they can develop these kinds of kids. These lower rated players should be complimentary pieces, not the focal point. We need blue chippers to win big at the current moment. Our staff dictates that. Jmo. Good luck kid. Welcome and do big things.

Advertisement
lll trust 247, Rivals, Scout, etc over my analysis from a highlight tape. Nearly all highlight tapes look strong.

No stars. No want.

Lost me there.

Not my favorite prospect, but I think a good pick up none the less. Will make a great guard. Nasty streak on his tape like the good ole days for us. Excellent size, moves out in space well, good athlete, seems stronger than average, good competition, from a school with a winning tradition. His pass blocking needs some serious work, especially for our offense, but his run blocking looks elite. I believe in recruiting website evaluations and rankings, but I think this guy is underrated.

That being said, I don't like taking 4 offensive linemen in a small class like this with limited scholarships.

Congratulations to the kid and welcome to the U.

No stars. No want.

His highlight tapes aren't the only place to watch him play on hudl.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1190701/highlights/121891375 - for pass blocking

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1858312/highlights/113068379 - for run blocking

Don't have to trust your own analysis but I'll easily take mine over most of the "professionals" :). (note not all, because a handful are actually really good at evaluating, though I doubt any of the sites have done a legit evaluation of Gauthier)

Stars at the end of the year are good indicators as a whole. Stars for an individual before their senior season mean next to nothing.

Advertisement
262.gif

Dude doesn't even have a recruiting profile page, sigh

There's Mr. Sunshine!

Im sure first thing you did was check to see if he had an offer from FSU or SEC schools like a lot of complainers on here
whats wrong with that? Its pretty clear that some of those schools are evaluating talent better than we are.

You were probably one of those guys who busts a nut when we got dudes that Butch offered

Negative my friend... as far as recruiting goes this staff has jumped on some talent very early before anyone else offered them.

Point being all the negative comments come out when we offer and someone commits like this. Kid very well may explode and get many more offers from now until signing day or he may not, either way staff saw something they liked, they offered back in Feb and he committed.

And no I don't bust nuts for guys....do you?

I'm going to wait and see what his career at UM looks like before I label him a boom or bust.

Advertisement
Back