Welcome to the U? (Ray Lewis III)

You all kill legacies with offers who decide to go elsewhere. But some of you idiots are actually against giving an offer to a kid who is the son of arguably the greatest player in school history and is actually a **** good player...unreal.

We'd be the laughing stock of CFB if this kid were to go anywhere else in the country. Imagine if he goes somewhere else and becomes a star how stupid we would look.

Some of you sicken me. :diaf:

Advertisement
We can have Martin Luther King, Tony Robbins and Ganhdi give motivational speeches......... if you dont have players you cant win. This kid should not have an offer with us have limited schoolies. Bad....bad take.

[video=youtube;Nc5v8r0rNk0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc5v8r0rNk0[/video]

Advertisement
I remember when we took a sleeper named Sinorice Moss, and everybody said "We have a class full of five-star receivers, get this legacy crap out of here!"

Turned out he was the best of the group by a wide margin.

Get out of here with your good points and examples DMoney. They're worthless in this place.

his highlights looked ok and as Lu mentioned, his footwork looks great. Doubt he stays a RB but think he'll end up being a serviceable player for us. Could he play CB?

I'm all for helping out the former players but if we are already facing scholarship reductions most likely, and this kid ain't gonna help us. If he takes the spot of one of the 3 DT's and we are low on DT's this kid ain't gonna step in there and hold his own against the run.

If he wants to walk-on then that is great...but if Ray Lewis isn't gonna come visit because we didn't offer his son a football scholarship that's his problem. We owe Ray Lewis nothing, just like he owes us nothing. If he wants to give back that is great, but it doesn't mean we have to offer his son who is not a BCS level prospect. This is a business.

DMoney, for every Sinorice there is a Jakari, JARED CAMPBELL, Jared Payton, AJ Highsmith. Do we owe every former players son a football scholarship? If so we may need to start a second team.

Advertisement
We can have Martin Luther King, Tony Robbins and Ganhdi give motivational speeches......... if you dont have players you cant win. This kid should not have an offer with us have limited schoolies. Bad....bad take.

Actually, we have had more than enough players the past decade to win, so your comment makes no sense. What we've lacked is effort, motivation, discipline, ... Just what you're mocking.

You guys are crazy comparing ray Lewis's kid to Jared Campbell.

Ray. Lewis.

Far and away the most admired, respected player to this generation. Taking his kid makes business sense.

Advertisement
And I kinda understand some of the skepticism. I'd understand it more if we didn't have our current head coach. One of two things would seem to be at play, and I'm cool with either. 1) GoldenAl thinks the kid can really ball. So much so that he's got an early offer in a year where we may end up with somewhat limited scholarships, or 2) GoldenAl thinks we're gonna take a very light hit in scholarships, and we can afford a gamble of Ray3.

I expect Ray Lewis III will very soon be the hardest working SOB in the locker room.

I'm sorry...did you just suggest that Jarrett Payton didn't work out here?

He was obviously worth the scholarship...but he didn't exactly pan out to be a great RB. The only similarities between him and his dad was the name above the number.

Ray. Lewis.

Far and away the most admired, respected player to this generation. Taking his kid makes business sense.

So what? Ray Lewis has us by the balls and if we don't give his son a football scholarship he is never going to visit?

Business sense is getting the best 85 players on a team that you can. There are 15+ better RB's in Florida than this kid.

Advertisement

Ray. Lewis.

+rep. Jared Payton had a good career here too and was great in his last season.

Whoever mentioned Daniel Adderley; I must have missed his father dominating the NFL and being one of our greatest players ever.

Ray. Lewis.

So what? Ray Lewis has us by the balls and if we don't give his son a football scholarship he is never going to visit?

Business sense is getting the best 85 players on a team that you can. There are 15+ better RB's in Florida than this kid.
You aren't this clueless.

It has nothing to do with him having us "by the balls.". In case you can't wrap your mind around it, there's a lot of ground between "never visit" and "kid on team; around a lot."

Business sense is managing your assets and resources. Your false dichotomy is bs.

I hope you are right, will all the millions Ray made he can afford to pay for 100 kids. I hope he is not one of the greedy ones.
We always believe that a commit means a scholarship, but in this case we don't know. Senior will probably pay for school, I'm guessing???

I Remember when we took a sleeper named Daniel Adderley.....and he left school 3 months later. More often than not these types dont work out.

How many 504-yard games did Daniel Adderley have in high school?

This kid is extremely productive on offense and defense and seems to have great character. This isn't a project, he already has offers from Tennessee and USF early on in the process.

Clay Matthews got a preferred walk-on spot as a "legacy" and ended up as an All-Pro. When someone grows up immersed in football and achievement, it makes a difference.

Advertisement
Back