Welcome to the U!!! McArthur Burnett

Advertisement
The staff should be recruiting as if Rasul isn't even committed. Based on what he's admitted publicly, he sounds like the least committed verbal commit in history. They should certainly keep recruiting him hard, but they should assume he won't stick.

Allow Burnett to play either RB or CB. Whatever he wants. Assuming we're not taking more than 2 RBs in this cycle, go after Fils-Aime, McIntosh, etc. and take the best player who wants to come to fill the other RB slot.

IMO. I would pursue Fils-Aime, McIntosh.

Pursue Ivan Smith as RB/WR/DB type and the Killins kid from Mainland as ace return man and offensive package player.

And I agree with 01canes approach. You must continue to recruit even if you have committed prospects at said position. Nothing is for sure until the LOI is faxed in.

I view Rasul and Fils-Aime as same type of prospects, both have those elite measurables that really jump out at you.

Burnett could play either side of the ball. I've been preaching it that I want Miami to get these two way athletes and you just figure out where to put them when they get to college. I'm thinking corner but I would not be mad at all if he's a RB here. Think this kid will blow up. I'll take a kid from the Muck any day.

*** IMO although Rasul has a high ceiling, Burnett more polished as a RB right now. Still want to see how Rasul develops in his senior year.
Can d mcintosh play defense? We got 2 rbs and receivers are stacked until we add pinder.

Rasul's 'commitment' is very shaky at best. highly doubt he signs here.
I think the moment rasul visits notre dame he could flip. I don't know if he has visited in the past but he speaks highly of that place

Last edited:
Advertisement
Rasul going to look for his best interest for football and track together. Business decision kind of guy. Hence which is why I was worried even before he committed as he mentioned he really liked LSU and Oregon.

Miami has had a good track program in History so this helps.

Regardless of being a walking distance from Campus. I always said Rasul was going to be a hard pull even being very close before his commitment.

i agree he is all business decision but i hope we can keep him because i still think we have the best path to the nfl, but this class is looking amazing i hope they all stick or replaced with upgrades

i think towards the end they will see all the talent in the class together and decide to stick because they can win together

Advertisement
He will blow up very soon

I've literally seen four or five backs in Florida that I would want.

FSU will get there's
UF probably will only take one

I like this pick up and if we lose Rasul then let's grab burnett and Mcintosh and call it a rb class.

Maybe its as simple as Golden showing them attention instead of spending every other week in NJ. How many top kids who sign elsewhere, doesn't even get as much as a phone call?.....its a lot. Especially in this past cycle

Advertisement
Thing i love about him is he make quick decisions. His vision is really advanced. If he sees the whole no hesitation. He is in the 2 nd n 3rd level in seconds. He could play db and be a stud as well

Definite keep.. let's not play around like we did last year. Take two and let them know that's it!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Rasul going to look for his best interest for football and track together. Business decision kind of guy. Hence which is why I was worried even before he committed as he mentioned he really liked LSU and Oregon.

Regardless of being a walking distance from Campus. I always said Rasul was going to be a hard pull even being very close before his commitment.

Miami's track program isn't good. Stop.

Miami's track program isn't good. Stop.

Right now. No it's not but when we had guys like Hi-C and Lamar Thomas and others. It was much better.

Burnett could play either side of the ball. I've been preaching it that I want Miami to get these two way athletes and you just figure out where to put them when they get to college. I'm thinking corner but I would not be mad at all if he's a RB here. Think this kid will blow up. I'll take a kid from the Muck any day.

*** IMO although Rasul has a high ceiling, Burnett more polished as a RB right now. Still want to see how Rasul develops in his senior year.
Can d mcintosh play defense? We got 2 rbs and receivers are stacked until we add pinder.

I view Deon McIntosh as a utility type. Haven't seen him play defense but he could play RB or WR.

Not sure if Deon could play defense as I don't think he has at Cardinal Gibbons.

Burnett is an athlete type of prospect.

So I guess you could say still a spot. I'm pretty sure after they offered him on signing day and they took his brother Richard.

Deon is a definite take for several reasons

1. He is talented enough to excel at UM
2. His brother/family proved they are above the typical south florida recruiting drama
3. Get Deon and you virtually guarantee you get the youngest brother (Kenny?)

I view Deon McIntosh as a utility type. Haven't seen him play defense but he could play RB or WR.

Not sure if Deon could play defense as I don't think he has at Cardinal Gibbons.

Burnett is an athlete type of prospect.

So I guess you could say still a spot. I'm pretty sure after they offered him on signing day and they took his brother Richard.

Deon is a definite take for several reasons

1. He is talented enough to excel at UM
2. His brother/family proved they are above the typical south florida recruiting drama
3. Get Deon and you virtually guarantee you get the youngest brother (Kenny?)

I haven't seen film on Kenny since none of the videos load for some reason, but I constantly hear he has the highest ceiling of the three brothers. He also plays ball on the same team as the son of the late Al Blades (R.I.P).

Advertisement
Back