Welcome to the U!!! McArthur Burnett

Advertisement
A lot of it has to do with I believe is Miami's rich tradition and the fact that we went 6-7 and 8 players still got invited to the NFL combine that is huge to a 17 year old...No matter the record or coach Miami is a NFL Pipeline!!! These Florida kids are hungry and someday want to play in the NFL right now Miami is their best shot! If we can finally get a coaching staff in place then its over! The play of Denzel Perryman Duke Johnson Brad Kayaa Ladarius Gunter Clive Walford and Phillip Dorsett did wonders for our recruiting. Future NFL studs!

A lot of it has to do with I believe is Miami's rich tradition and the fact that we went 6-7 and 8 players still got invited to the NFL combine that is huge to a 17 year old...No matter the record or coach Miami is a NFL Pipeline!!! These Florida kids are hungry and someday want to play in the NFL right now Miami is their best shot! If we can finally get a coaching staff in place then its over! The play of Denzel Perryman Duke Johnson Brad Kayaa Ladarius Gunter Clive Walford and Phillip Dorsett did wonders for our recruiting. Future NFL studs!

This is probably what tgey are selling them, though ive heard all these kids have been talking together to come here

Advertisement
If there is one thing I am good at, it is not knowing what I am looking at when I watch a highlight tape.

Can someone fill me in on:

Quality of competition,
How he compares to the kids in south florida of this year and recent years.

thanks in advance.

Quality of competition: Very good. He is playing against some of the fastest players in the country week in and week out.

Without senior tape it is hard to compare, but he is right below Collins, Sony & Cook and a notch above Walton, Yearby, and Powell IMO.

Biggest Assets: Burst & Feet. He hits the A gap multiple times with two linebackers ready to make a combined tackle and easily splits them on his film.
Have to disagree with the notch above Walton maybe eventually but I don't see it right now.

If there is one thing I am good at, it is not knowing what I am looking at when I watch a highlight tape.

Quality of competition,

thanks in advance.

Quality of competition: Very good. He is playing against some of the fastest players in the country week in and week out.

Without senior tape it is hard to compare, but he is right below Collins, Sony & Cook and a notch above Walton, Yearby, and Powell IMO.

Biggest Assets: Burst & Feet. He hits the A gap multiple times with two linebackers ready to make a combined tackle and easily splits them on his film.
Have to disagree with the notch above Walton maybe eventually but I don't see it right now.
He is on the same level as them, above Powell but I would put him on the level of walton and yearby. Kid can do it all

Advertisement
Great tape. First time I had seen it. Burst and acceleration are incredible. Good balance. Needs to tuck the rock away, though!

Quality of competition,

thanks in advance.

I would put Collins in that second tier group with Walton and Yearby.

I feel Cook and Sony were the real real misses.

Could make an argument for Walton in that first tier, if he had stayed in the 2016 class he would have been rated #1 or #2 nationally at RB. Already was I believe before they moved his class year on sites. Believe he was #2 behind Walker from New Jersey.

Last edited:
Burnett could play either side of the ball. I've been preaching it that I want Miami to get these two way athletes and you just figure out where to put them when they get to college. I'm thinking corner but I would not be mad at all if he's a RB here. Think this kid will blow up. I'll take a kid from the Muck any day.

*** IMO although Rasul has a high ceiling, Burnett more polished as a RB right now. Still want to see how Rasul develops in his senior year.

Burnett was a great pickup, you can't go wrong when a prospect has upside on both sides of the ball. Which is why I love the commitments of guys like Mullins, Richards, Hinson and now Burnett.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Burnett could play either side of the ball. I've been preaching it that I want Miami to get these two way athletes and you just figure out where to put them when they get to college. I'm thinking corner but I would not be mad at all if he's a RB here. Think this kid will blow up. I'll take a kid from the Muck any day.

*** IMO although Rasul has a high ceiling, Burnett more polished as a RB right now. Still want to see how Rasul develops in his senior year.
Can d mcintosh play defense? We got 2 rbs and receivers are stacked until we add pinder.

Burnett was a great pickup, you can't go wrong when a prospect has upside on both sides of the ball. Which is why I love the commitments of guys like Mullins, Richards, Hinson and now Burnett.

Ritchard and mullins need to stay receiver they have the potential to be beast. I hope we can keep bruce in south Florida. We will see but this 2016 class is loaded on both sides of the ball

Can d mcintosh play defense? We got 2 rbs and receivers are stacked until we add pinder.

I view Deon McIntosh as a utility type. Haven't seen him play defense but he could play RB or WR.

Not sure if Deon could play defense as I don't think he has at Cardinal Gibbons.

Burnett is an athlete type of prospect.

So I guess you could say still a spot. I'm pretty sure after they offered him on signing day and they took his brother Richard.

Advertisement

i actually think that burnett has a slightly higher ceiling than rasul imo, burnett has more tools to me, rasul is a lot faster but he burnett has that dog in him in how he runs

Ritchard and mullins need to stay receiver they have the potential to be beast. I hope we can keep bruce in south Florida. We will see but this 2016 class is loaded on both sides of the ball

While I do agree with wanting Richards and Mullins on offense. The beauty of it is.... as we all know. Not every kid pans out. They give you that versatility.

*Not saying that they won't pan out but it's a good back up plan for just in case.

i actually think that burnett has a slightly higher ceiling than rasul imo, burnett has more tools to me, rasul is a lot faster but he burnett has that dog in him in how he runs

As a RB I view Rasul who has more ceiling but in terms of speaking all-around.... Burnett.

Rasul a big kid already at 200. He has the size and speed you can't teach.

I'm happy with both. Figure it out when they get here.

Rasul's 'commitment' is very shaky at best. highly doubt he signs here.

Advertisement
Back