Welcome to the U!!! McArthur Burnett

Burnett could play either side of the ball. I've been preaching it that I want Miami to get these two way athletes and you just figure out where to put them when they get to college. I'm thinking corner but I would not be mad at all if he's a RB here. Think this kid will blow up. I'll take a kid from the Muck any day.

*** IMO although Rasul has a high ceiling, Burnett more polished as a RB right now. Still want to see how Rasul develops in his senior year.
Can d mcintosh play defense? We got 2 rbs and receivers are stacked until we add pinder.

I view Deon McIntosh as a utility type. Haven't seen him play defense but he could play RB or WR.

Not sure if Deon could play defense as I don't think he has at Cardinal Gibbons.

Burnett is an athlete type of prospect.

So I guess you could say still a spot. I'm pretty sure after they offered him on signing day and they took his brother Richard.

Deon is a definite take for several reasons

1. He is talented enough to excel at UM
2. His brother/family proved they are above the typical south florida recruiting drama
3. Get Deon and you virtually guarantee you get the youngest brother (Kenny?)

I haven't seen film on Kenny since none of the videos load for some reason, but I constantly hear he has the highest ceiling of the three brothers. He also plays ball on the same team as the son of the late Al Blades (R.I.P).

Kenny McIntosh

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1747656/highlights/196796376/v2

6'2" 185 and he plays both ways. Class of 2019. I think he should be a safety.

D$ had mentioned him to me one day. Had no idea they had a little brother. Lot of people expect him to be the best of the 3.

Al Blades son Alphonso "AJ" Blades ll played on U School varsity this year as a freshman I believe. Class of 2018. 6'1" 160 - http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4285146/highlights/200614379/v2

Last I remember was that this kid is All-Cane. Talks a lot of trash and is rowdy like his dad.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I love the natural way he protects the ball and instinctually switches it to the outside arm. It's basic fundamental stuff but you see many kids don't do it. It speaks to understanding of the game and attention to detail.

Louisville has offered Burnett.

247 rates him as a high three-star recruit (87), and he's an 85 in the 247 composite rankings. All the sites are clearly too low on this kid.

Advertisement
Per Scout he just received his 4* rating ATH McArthur Burnett (@Pahokee_Beast) is a NEW 4-Star on Scout.*foxs.pt/1CpH56a*#commit.*#*@

Last edited:
Advertisement
There is nothing in his highlights that would lead me to believe that he will be an outstanding RB at the division one level.

There is nothing in his highlights that would lead me to believe that he will be an outstanding RB at the division one level.

After seeing your post i had to go back and watch his highlights again...He is arguably one of the best in Swag16.. This dude is bad

Advertisement
He looks small, but I think if he adds weight, he can be an Andre Ellington type RB. Or he can play CB for us. That's only his junior highlights.

After seeing your post i had to go back and watch his highlights again...He is arguably one of the best in Swag16.. This dude is bad

Agree and his recruitment is about to blow up. It will be a fight to the finish to hang on to him. He is in the group I call the "Bout to blow up" guys. Along with Deion Jackson, Zach McCloud, and Joshua Uche.

Once the final evals come out we will have to fight the big dogs off with a stick to hang on to them.

Advertisement
fwiw kid is weighing his options, also states in Canesport article that he expects to play DB at UM.

Advertisement
Back