Welcome to The U- Courtel Jenkins, DT (Thanks, Paranos)

Like this pick up. Gets into backfield with or without the people trying to block him. Looks quick into the other teams huddle. Like how whoever he touches hits the ground hard. Good pick up.

Advertisement
Positives:
1. Big strong guy
2. Good athleticism
3. Great attitude
4. Willing to work hard as evidenced by his offseason strength and conditioning program
5. Loves UM and was willing to come down here and work for his offer

Negatives:
1. Some message board ***gots don't like him because he was off the radar to most of the dopey websites that base their star ratings on who offers a kid. Nevermind that he hasn't even started his senior season yet.
_________

At the end of the day, give me a corching staff that understands the difficulty in projecting HS players at the DT position and understands the HUGE importance of heart and work ethic in the recruit at that position. Fvck the catalog shoppers. Give me 11 Courtels and you can have 11 of the highly-rated ***** Bryants, and I'll kick your *** 10 out of 10 times with my 11 Courtels. While Courtel's working his *** off with a trainer improving himself, ***** was thinking up witty tweets and mainlining Twinkies.

Lotta big men in the NFL from Jersey. Not crazy about the film, but I loved Jacoby Briscoe's a few years ago so that tells u what you need to know bout YouTube HL reels for linemen.

a true nose tackle i see with him. Which is fine...he should pair well with Stuckey or even Khairi Clark. I'll take it...hes also a NJ kid...and i love our roots up there...like to land at least two more kids from that way...one being mr Hester as a db.

Agree with you assessment. He's the right size nose tackle if we do try and play more 3-4 alignments as well.

I'm thinking this is a kid that we know a **** of a lot more about than most schools, and certainly more than the recruiting services. If we found this kid while recruiting Hester and liked him, I can get on board with that scenario for sure.

He is also from north jersey. Wayne Hills is where Coach Olsen (Kevin's Dad) coaches. If there is a player in that area that can ball Olsen knows about it. Wouldn't be surprised if he gave is two cents to AG about this kid.

Advertisement
Good call, I agree 100%. ***** the star lovers. Kid looked pretty good before he started getting in shape then he balled out in a couple of camps after he got in shape. What the **** is it with all the neg ****? Welcome to the U!

Butch would like to recruit kids that were undeveloped due to poor facilities, lack of proper coaching, and training and then bring them in, get them in great conditioning, and coach them up. This looks like a similar situation. Good get i think.

Last edited:
Think he's taller than the 6'1" listed.

He's got proper size and supposedly strong work ethic.

And he won MVP of the DL at our last camp.

Sign him up!

Positives:
1. Big strong guy
2. Good athleticism
3. Great attitude
4. Willing to work hard as evidenced by his offseason strength and conditioning program

Negatives:
1. Some message board ***gots don't like him because he was off the radar to most of the dopey websites that base their star ratings on who offers a kid. Nevermind that he hasn't even started his senior season yet.
_________

At the end of the day, give me a corching staff that understands the difficulty in projecting HS players at the DT position and understands the HUGE importance of heart and work ethic in the recruit at that position. Fvck the catalog shoppers. Give me 11 Courtels and you can have 11 of the highly-rated ***** Bryants, and I'll kick your *** 10 out of 10 times with my 11 Courtels. While Courtel's working his *** off with a trainer improving himself, ***** was thinking up witty tweets and mainlining Twinkies.

GOAT post...LMAO!!!

Advertisement
35.jpg

don't touch this man's chilli fritos.

Positives:
1. Big strong guy
2. Good athleticism
3. Great attitude

Negatives:
_________

Amen, Fran.

They say OL is the toughest to predict but DT is the biggest boom/bust position and it ain't close. You just never know.

Back to what Butch was talking about as far as development rather than signing guys who are maxed out physically, which happens with DTs all the time. Its a crap shoot. The staff just has to have a plan and stick to it so it wins more than it loses.

I like a lot of these out of state players who are gems, and glad to go to Miami.

I'm so sick and tired of S. Fla players "narrowing it down to 'their' top 40 by November" BS.

We get good S.Fla players who WANT to play for Miami, and then go get the rest wherever we find them - and forget this waiting game BS.

Paranos, does this kid have grade concerns

And if he does, are there any classes/prep things he can do to get ready for the ACT/SAT?

Thanks.

Advertisement
Paranos, does this kid have grade concerns

And if he does, are there any classes/prep things he can do to get ready for the ACT/SAT?

Thanks.

Grades are good he just needs to take his Test which should not be an issue he has the information on the free prep testing website number2.com.

An as I mentioned he has shut down his recruitment since committing to UM, this young man gets the meaning of commiment and dedication.

Go Canes

http://www.stateoftheu.com/2013/6/6/4404296/q-a-with-the-canes-newest-d-lineman-commit-courtel-jenkins

Last edited:
Man, this site could really be good if we got all the riff-raff out of here and kept a good core of posters. Some really great **** on this page. (page 7 that is). UMFarArcher, you hit the nail on the head. I still have no answer as to how kids from our own hometown seem to hate us. Smh. While kids in Texas and Ohio grow up loving OSU and UT AND want to show that love by COMMITTING! Not just be a fan from afar and put on someone elses colors.

Anyway, This kid looks good and I like his work ethic. And lets be honest, we are hoping and praying that Ivery, Grimble, or Moore shows us ANYTHING this year. Moore I think we make the leap.

Advertisement
Not sure why some of you don't like this guy. He still has a year to develop before hitting campus. It is a lot easier to make a lineman stronger and more fit than cutting .2 off the 40 of a WR. He cared enough to fly down to camp with us so I am sure you will make the necessary commitment to be ready for college ball. These are the type of kids we say plan on Saturday in the Big 12 or Big 10 and wonder where they came from.

Not sure why some of you don't like this guy. He still has a year to develop before hitting campus. It is a lot easier to make a lineman stronger and more fit than cutting .2 off the 40 of a WR. He cared enough to fly down to camp with us so I am sure you will make the necessary commitment to be ready for college ball. These are the type of kids we say plan on Saturday in the Big 12 or Big 10 and wonder where they came from.

Because they don't think he has enough stars by his name

I guess your right. It is so much harder to predict a lineman in college than a RB or WR. I think this guy will make moves in the recruitment circles next year and hopefully he remembers who came after him first.

And they don't think he has enough offers.

Advertisement
Back