Welcome to The U- Courtel Jenkins, DT (Thanks, Paranos)

I have no idea how you evaluate his highlight clips, it looks like he's playing against junior high teams. Some of the first clips it is very difficult for me to believe those are varsity level players anywhere.

Advertisement
Yeah with his stocky build, I'm thinking they view him as that N in the 3-4. Maybe not explosive, but he's short, heavy and (after some time on the field and in the weightroom) will be able to hold the point against double teams. Doesn't look ready now, obviously, but some development could yield something. Don't mind the take to get things moving

yeah but does he gyrate like Val Venis after absolutely destroying the ball carrier? This is what I require for Miami level DTs...this is what our 300 pounders did in our glory days.

Man, Paranos is all about those linemen. He digs, and digs, and finds nuggets that no one else does. Then, months later, suddenly this same unknown becomes known, and even that SOB Cristobal is sniffing around his sphincter.

Paranos, m'lord, once again, congratulations.

With all the talk about running more 3-4 type sets this is a good pickup, seems like he has the size and body that he could be coached up into a 3-4 NT. Kids with that kind of size coming out of high school are rare, so I'm not surpised Benedict Cristobal was taking a look to see if he fit their 3-4.

Advertisement
Thread title edited to give props to the man Paranos for being the first to talk about this kid.

What about me for first to report?

46.gif

Maybe that is why they waited to see him in person at camp???? Sounds like he impressed them so mu h he got his offer on the spot.
Anybody else concerned about this kid's level of comp???...anyone check out the size of those offensive linemen????

Provide me with your qualitative analysis; or are you just nut-riding the staff cause that's what you do? Riddle me this, when will tub of lard start? Please don't tell me he is an impact defender, and Fig is an exception rather than the rule who benefitted from the loss of Paul and EJ

Please start, where is your qualitative analysis?

Don't have one; but the difference is I was stating an opinion not ridiculing someone else's.

Your opinion sucks because there is no reasoning to accompany that opinion. Your opinion would still suck even if you said he was the best HS DT prospect ever because it lacks any reasoning to back that opinion.

Thats your opinion; your reaching a bit as well in no way did I make a generalization regarding him being the worst or best DT of all-time. My opinion is that he is a lowly rated player who is obviously in poor physical condition, and has only been offered by 1 team. Sounds pretty factual quite frankly.

Welcome to the U, Courtel!!! Glad to have you aboard. Film looks real good. Way to do work, Paranos!!! Once again you find a gem which the coaches then unearth. Keep it up, bro.

Advertisement
Provide me with your qualitative analysis; or are you just nut-riding the staff cause that's what you do? Riddle me this, when will tub of lard start? Please don't tell me he is an impact defender, and Fig is an exception rather than the rule who benefitted from the loss of Paul and EJ

Please start, where is your qualitative analysis?

Don't have one; but the difference is I was stating an opinion not ridiculing someone else's.

Your opinion sucks because there is no reasoning to accompany that opinion. Your opinion would still suck even if you said he was the best HS DT prospect ever because it lacks any reasoning to back that opinion.

Thats your opinion; your reaching a bit as well in no way did I make a generalization regarding him being the worst or best DT of all-time. My opinion is that he is a lowly rated player who is obviously in poor physical condition, and has only been offered by 1 team. Sounds pretty factual quite frankly.

Are you aware of this thing called the GREY AREA?

I don't have an opinion, I can't watch his film at the moment.

Kid is a 3 Star on Rivals who allegedly has offers from Pitt, UMass (vomit) and Buffalo (vomit). Not going to ********** over that myself, the kid is allegedly being recruited by Cristobal so TIFWIW.

Here is what I read on him regarding his shape and quality (FWIW)

"Jenkins' off-season has also encompassed three impressive performances at National Underclassman Combine events – one in which he won Overall MVP -- as well as at Rivals Camp (Piscataway, N.J.), Nike Football Training Camp (Florham Park, N.J.) and a camp at the University of Miami, which earned him an offer by the time he left."

"At the end of the season, I was 330 (pounds). Right now, I'm 310. And I'll be 300 by the time the season starts. It all started with ETS and my trainer, E.J. Bardell. He's been putting in the work with me, putting in the extra time on Saturdays and Sundays working out, doing some speed work, some footwork, lifting, doing more reps than weight and basically just running a lot. We have two conditioning periods. We lift then we run, and to cool down, we do a dynamic conditioning period. And he just keeps me moving, keeps me sweating and put me on a good diet plan. That's how I lost all that weight.

Although he has lost 20 pounds his body composition has changed much more than what 20 pounds would imply as he has added muscle while decreasing fat.
"

"[Reporter]I heard you had a pretty impressive visitor recently as Mario Cristobal -- assistant head coach of the national champion University of Alabama Crimson Tide -- stopped by DePaul to inquire about you. Tell me about that.

[CJ]Yes, he came to visit me, last week. And he was talking to my coach, telling him about their camp. He hit me up on Facebook and asked me if I was interested in Alabama, which I am. And he basically wants me to get out to the camp, work hard and see if I can get an offer from them."

----------------------

So here are my thoughts, Alabama allegedly wants him to camp...something Al wanted him to do and he did. The kid is allegedly losing weight and gaining muscle. He seems to be doing well at camps.

Advertisement
Sounds good, hope he keeps it up

I am skeptical as well but I think it is okay at this point in the game, since he flew down to Miami and was evaluated in front of the staff. Nothing is final today, just a kid making a commitment to Miami.

one positive. if he is from paterson, he is probably a tough kid both mentally and physically.

With all the talk about running more 3-4 type sets this is a good pickup, seems like he has the size and body that he could be coached up into a 3-4 NT. Kids with that kind of size coming out of high school are rare, so I'm not surpised Benedict Cristobal was taking a look to see if he fit their 3-4.

The competitin he played at his former high school was suspect but now at Depaul he wil play the top Catholic Schools in NJ, which includes playing several olinemen that are ranked by espn and rivals in thier top 30 position rankings. Not to mention he performed well in every camp against some top competition. This kid is the real deal and has wanted a UM for a while which is why he commited and it will stick. So Bama can go kick rocks.

Go Canes

Advertisement
a true nose tackle i see with him. Which is fine...he should pair well with Stuckey or even Khairi Clark. I'll take it...hes also a NJ kid...and i love our roots up there...like to land at least two more kids from that way...one being mr Hester as a db.

Butch would like to recruit kids that were undeveloped due to poor facilities, lack of proper coaching, and training and then bring them in, get them in great conditioning, and coach them up. This looks like a similar situation. Good get i think.

Advertisement
Back