Welcome to the Canes, Derrick Smith

I must say I'm really surprised

Surprised we offered or surprised he committed?
If he's surprised a kid with those offers committed here, then we should shut it down.

USC
UNC
Utah

What am I missing here?

I'd have to see the USC offer. The other ones are garbage. You don't beat Clemson and the other top teams fighting UNC for recruits.

Per 247 he does not have a USC West offer. Scout and Rivals say he does. I'd trust 247 over the other two.

Advertisement
Can't get too excited about a kid at a prominent school that has college coaches from all over recruiting there that doesn't have a better offer list.

But I hope I'm wrong and he's a baller with a chip on his shoulder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surprised we offered or surprised he committed?
If he's surprised a kid with those offers committed here, then we should shut it down.

USC
UNC
Utah

What am I missing here?

I'd have to see the USC offer. The other ones are garbage. You don't beat Clemson and the other top teams fighting UNC for recruits.

Per 247 he does not have a USC West offer. Scout and Rivals say he does. I'd trust 247 over the other two.

Well 247 has a VT offer on there so that's good enough for me

Advertisement
This kid looks like a hybrid athlete.

Smith is in the 6'2" 210 range and can move.

I feel like I'm in the dark on this but what is the hype with Carter starting next year. Why does everyone think that? I felt it would be Knowles. Jw

I think Gibson is better than collier.... I would put JJ at center field and have Gibson in the box

Advertisement
We have three safeties committed who all kind of seem like big hitter in the box types. I don't see that rangy, instinctual, center fielder type that this team has been so desperately lacking. The offer list is average and its not like he goes to a no name school. All the big dogs know about Trinity Christian, especially FSU and UF.

That said, he looks like a good player on tape so I'll trust that the staff knows what they are doing here.

Not a **** pickup, but I really like him @ safety off his tape. Squares up, hits hard, great hands and ball skills, impressive size.

Also wouldn't doubt with how things are going at WR recruiting, Deejay to WR, Edwards takes his spot at Corner, and Smith comes in to take Edwards spot at Safety.

Advertisement
Funny how jus cause guys don't know about a kid he's automatically a Golden special or not a player. This kids a baller he recently qualified is what the hold up was I mean days ago is his offer committable [MENTION=3894]Peter Ariz[/MENTION]??

He's film is better than Collier's and he WILL challenge Amari Carter for and other Safeties for time Day 1

why havent places like ohio state, lsu or fsu offered this ****ing guy then?

Who offers a kid that there unsure will qualify

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back