Welcome to the Canes, Derrick Smith

rayshawn jenkins has been our best safety in the last 4 years. Not sure why he is always brought up. He was slightly above average,and had good ball skills.

Rayshawn and this kid other than both playing wr and db have no other similarities.

Rayshawn was a way better wr in high school than Smith, but Smith is wayyyyyy more violent and a better tackler.

Smith is a good take regardless who is around. At worst he makes our specials better. Romeo Finley looked good on specials this year..im expecting a similar path for Smith..IMO Smith has a higher ceiling.

Better than Deon?

yup.

can you name me one defining play from Deon. And i was a Bush fan...but even in his sr year he had some bad tape. Jenkins is pretty solid all around when he wasnt injured.

Advertisement
Lol. It never fails.

Everyone we recruit is a great prospect.

No one is a reach.

Remember when Keion Payne was the best cover safety at STA, Joyner was overrated and a midget, Riggs was decent but a midget? Remember when Vernon Davis looked so **** explosive in his video and was a diamond in the rough that Golden found? Jacoby Briscoe was criminally underrated and possibly the best DT coming out of LA that year? Preston Dewey was the man because he was being coached by Ty Demtner, even though he was a year older than everyone else? Dallas Crawford had 10+ INTs his senior year, how is he not a 4 star, its criminal really. Did you see Darion Hall's film, he has an extra gear and is a beast? You can go on and on about players that we have fluffed that just outright sucked....

Like those kids that played in Gainseville that Randy recruited.

Yup. Its a broken record now, man.

Its makes our team and fanbase look so pathetic.

Amari Carter looks like a pretty complete safety prospect to me. Dude is a **** good receiver on the high school level. Safeties who play WR in high school usually have good ball skills in college.

I just watched his JR highlights & have to agree. He played all over the field & has good ball skills. He may fit the bill for the FS role we are looking for in this class.
Anyone have track times for him or SR highlights for him?

rayshawn jenkins has been our best safety in the last 4 years. Not sure why he is always brought up. He was slightly above average,and had good ball skills.

Rayshawn and this kid other than both playing wr and db have no other similarities.

Rayshawn was a way better wr in high school than Smith, but Smith is wayyyyyy more violent and a better tackler.

Smith is a good take regardless who is around. At worst he makes our specials better. Romeo Finley looked good on specials this year..im expecting a similar path for Smith..IMO Smith has a higher ceiling.

Better than Deon?

yup.

can you name me one defining play from Deon. And i was a Bush fan...but even in his sr year he had some bad tape. Jenkins is pretty solid all around when he wasnt injured.

Not the disagree...but he's made plays that Jenkins could never make in his life, like the interception against FSU where he came off the hash like a bat out of ****. Jenkins don't have range like that. Or the huge hit against VT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXY_L6qm_f4

Last edited:
Advertisement

hope a dik drops in your mouth while its open

Keep your sexual preference to yourself, Liberace.

your the one with the open mouth....

Nope sounds more like you are fantasizing about what you wish would happen to you.

Well newsflash its the 2016 they even let you guys get married now. Now go home to your Wilton Manors condo with the George Michael autographed speedos and let us men talk football.

So you like anal penetration. You must live in San Fran

hope a dik drops in your mouth while its open

Nope sounds more like you are fantasizing about what you wish would happen to you.

Well newsflash its the 2016 they even let you guys get married now. Now go home to your Wilton Manors condo with the George Michael autographed speedos and let us men talk football.

This is a **** courtship, fellas. Can I watch you consummate?

This is a **** courtship, fellas. Can I watch you consummate?

giphy.gif

Advertisement
Gibson and Carter at at Safety is a great combo! Remember boys you need depth. If this kid is you back up or grows into a LB thats a nice problem to have. Plus the way the coaches developed DB's this year shouldn't they get the benefit of the doubt.

This kid takes people's heads off. I saw a clip from the Chaminade game where the helmet came off and everything....and he's ours...be happy.

i guess we should just go to track teams and recruit guys , since speed is the end all lol.

Ed Reed is the greatest safety ever and he didn't have really good speed. He was fast enough ( football fast) but had great instincts.

Give me instincts and range on a safety. Seeing a play develop faster than everyone is a huge advantage.

Smith is far from slow, and looks to have good instincts , range and attacks the ball like a wr.

Reed was a fantastic track athlete in HS. He competed and excelled in the 100m and TJ and long jump (and of course, javelin).

Advertisement
I think they should take a look at this kid from d.c name Kwincy Hall. He is a burner and could work well in the slot,he plays RB as well

Lol ok so gogeta has lost all credibility when it comes to talking about football?? This fool said Rayshawn Jenkins is better than Deon Bush lol hilarious

Advertisement
Lol ok so gogeta has lost all credibility when it comes to talking about football?? This fool said Rayshawn Jenkins is better than Deon Bush lol hilarious

run them stats.

Deon tackles better....way better....But my man Rayshawn Jenkins has better ball skills than Deon Bush. Jenkins has more pass break ups. But thats my opinion. I can bet money i watch or have watched more canes football than you. i watch every game recorded, and break down film on the games during the week when i rewatch the games. Tighten up your football skills aint on my level.

Advertisement
Back