Welcome to the Canes, Derrick Smith

Advertisement
He looks better all the safety we got rite now prolly except JJ! He plays like a "grab your lunch pal and hard hat" kinda guy! I have seen no issues with his tackling! He put a good hit on Mallory the TE from JVill! He prolly end up being the best kid in this class not name Donaldson!

If we finish with Edwards and Dean, this'll be a solid DB class - not like the '18 class will be, but a good one.

This kid has a mean streak. Watched several Trinity games this year. On a very talented team this kid stood out for his ability to lay the lumber. He'll make a lot of people wonder why he is only a 3 star once his career begins.

Advertisement
rayshawn jenkins has been our best safety in the last 4 years. Not sure why he is always brought up. He was slightly above average,and had good ball skills.

Rayshawn and this kid other than both playing wr and db have no other similarities.

Rayshawn was a way better wr in high school than Smith, but Smith is wayyyyyy more violent and a better tackler.

Smith is a good take regardless who is around. At worst he makes our specials better. Romeo Finley looked good on specials this year..im expecting a similar path for Smith..IMO Smith has a higher ceiling.

Better than Deon?

Diaz prioritizes two things: speed and violence. Not so sure how fast this guy (I think he's a step slow), but he's off the charts on the violence factor. If this dude practiced tackle football with his mom like Lamar Jackson did growing up, his mom would be sipping and puffing in a wheelchair.

hope a dik drops in your mouth while its open

Keep your sexual preference to yourself, Liberace.

your the one with the open mouth....

Nope sounds more like you are fantasizing about what you wish would happen to you.

Well newsflash its the 2016 they even let you guys get married now. Now go home to your Wilton Manors condo with the George Michael autographed speedos and let us men talk football.

Advertisement
The more I watch the more I think he's a lot like Mark Barron in that he is violent as **** and will level anybody with the ball so much so that if he's at safety only he can get beat badly but if you use him like the Rams and allow him to be in the box most of the time he can make a big impact

rayshawn jenkins has been our best safety in the last 4 years. Not sure why he is always brought up. He was slightly above average,and had good ball skills.

Rayshawn and this kid other than both playing wr and db have no other similarities.

Rayshawn was a way better wr in high school than Smith, but Smith is wayyyyyy more violent and a better tackler.

Smith is a good take regardless who is around. At worst he makes our specials better. Romeo Finley looked good on specials this year..im expecting a similar path for Smith..IMO Smith has a higher ceiling.

Better than Deon?
Yeah he was more consistent than deon

I like what I see but he looks like a 4.7 guy. He he can get faster I think he'll be a good one. Needs to shirt. But probably won't and play special teams.

From another site----
"At the Orlando Combine 10 months ago he was measured at 6-1 and 196. I can see him now at the 205 lbs.but the coach claims 6-3?"

"Also his track and field measurable were so-so when he was at Clay High School back in April 2016 as a Junior of this year. Never ran the 100m, 200m and 400m or hurdles."
High jump- 5-2 (national elite 6-5)
Long Jump - 18-3 (usually a decent indicator of sprint speed--national elite 22-1)
Triple Jump- 37-11 (national elite 45-0)

"I hope I am in error and they know something that is not apparent to me."

"Some good offers but nothing out of this world."
Derrick Smith Recruit Interests

I have absolutely nothing against this kid, and I'm glad the staff is working. I think this pickup would be fine if everyone weren't so salty over JJ. Having said that...

There was a girl in my HS he high jumped 5' 4", and my best long jump was 18' 6" in 9th grade. I stopped jumping because I could tell I wouldn't reach 20'+ which is what was winning most of the meets. I can assure you nobody was recruiting me for D1 anything. From what I'm hearing, this kid is a good football player, but I don't think we need to spend much time going over his track results.

I could long jump 5'4"

Liar.

Dude, you don't know who you're calling a liar. I'm a beast. I can long jump 5'4" ( on a good day). And on a really good day I can do a 100 meters.

Better than Deon?
Yeah he was more consistent than deon

Look at this racist.

Advertisement
Lol. It never fails.

Everyone we recruit is a great prospect.

No one is a reach.

Remember when Keion Payne was the best cover safety at STA, Joyner was overrated and a midget, Riggs was decent but a midget? Remember when Vernon Davis looked so **** explosive in his video and was a diamond in the rough that Golden found? Jacoby Briscoe was criminally underrated and possibly the best DT coming out of LA that year? Preston Dewey was the man because he was being coached by Ty Demtner, even though he was a year older than everyone else? Dallas Crawford had 10+ INTs his senior year, how is he not a 4 star, its criminal really. Did you see Darion Hall's film, he has an extra gear and is a beast? You can go on and on about players that we have fluffed that just outright sucked....

Advertisement
Randy was right about Crawford and Golden was wrong.

We were desperate to find ANYONE at DT who would play in that BS 3-4 scheme. Enter Jacoby Briscoe.

I was wrong about Payne and Hall.

Shaq pops consigned this kid. Last person he consigned was Pinckney. Good enough for me.

Advertisement
Back