Weekend Rotation

Kind of wish JD would stop pussyfooting around and let Ziehl go on Sunday in place of Garland. From an upside perspective I don't see what there is to lose.

Advertisement
Kind of wish JD would stop pussyfooting around and let Ziehl go on Sunday in place of Garland. From an upside perspective I don't see what there is to lose.
If Rosario is unable to come back and be effective, might as well get the freshmen in there for experience and see if they can't anchor the weekend rotation the next two years.

Look at scane's opening graphic in this thread - possibly only one weekend starter remaining from the original four, less than a month into the season. Smh.

If Rosario is unable to come back and be effective, might as well get the freshmen in there for experience and see if they can't anchor the weekend rotation the next two years.

Look at scane's opening graphic in this thread - possibly only one weekend starter remaining from the original four, less than a month into the season. Smh.
Keep forgetting about ol' Rosario. He's a few games removed from a really good postseason outing so not gonna give up on the kid yet.

Advertisement
Advertisement
FAU has Garland as tomorrow’s listed starter
So, I guess the McFarlane project continues on Sunday. Gino should consider an opener on Sundays (Ziehl?) until someone steps up and proves they can be a consistent weekend starter.

Advertisement
So, I guess the McFarlane project continues on Sunday. Gino should consider an opener on Sundays (Ziehl?) until someone steps up and proves they can be a consistent weekend starter.
Garland had one bad outing and that was against Florida. His other 3 outings have been very good. McFarland has been awful. Rosario between dreadful. If you are going to have a throwaway game make it the midweek game. You have to win your conference games.

They should give Rafe a chance on Sunday. He's been the 3rd best bullpen arm, and I don't think you mess with the Ziehl/Walters combo.

McFarlane has shown he isn't a SP, Rosario is off or hurt, give Rafe a shot

Advertisement
Garland had one bad outing and that was against Florida. His other 3 outings have been very good. McFarland has been awful. Rosario between dreadful. If you are going to have a throwaway game make it the midweek game. You have to win your conference games.
I'd be fine w that, but Long should start in OF when Garland is pitching. Our OF defense is hurting us in ways that don't show in the box score.

They should give Rafe a chance on Sunday. He's been the 3rd best bullpen arm, and I don't think you mess with the Ziehl/Walters combo.

McFarlane has shown he isn't a SP, Rosario is off or hurt, give Rafe a shot
I was hoping they’d start Rafe today, and let him build up midweek for a couple weeks while Garland hopefully treads water in the Sunday role, but alas.

I was hoping they’d start Rafe today, and let him build up midweek for a couple weeks while Garland hopefully treads water in the Sunday role, but alas.
Anyone know if Conference USA TV has improved since last year?

Advertisement
Back