Week 1 Depth Chart

Advertisement
No way Bama comes out 4 WR i seen them coming out with 2 TE's making us stop them from running before they open up up. Boys better be ready for heavy run formations or it will be a longggggg game.
Yup, theyll try to UNC us and if we cant stop it we'll have seen what we need to know to crack open the hard stuff and drink away the pain

You do know that Gil was our best defensive player all last year right? You also do know that carter was arguably our worst defensive player last year. Getting ejected from what 3 out of 11 games?

to answer your question, yes I do know Gil will play a ton. But this is just another example of the love affair this staff has with Carter.

first time playing the position after being the worst defensive player last year now is starting over our best defensive player last year. Don’t care about the snaps, it’s a bad look
Or maybe...just maybe, Carter is better than Gil at that position. Or, Carter and Gil are basically dead even but Carter is definitely bigger and more physical and they determined that all else being equal Carter is better situated to start against Bama given his greater physicality.

You do know that Gil was our best defensive player all last year right? You also do know that carter was arguably our worst defensive player last year. Getting ejected from what 3 out of 11 games?

to answer your question, yes I do know Gil will play a ton. But this is just another example of the love affair this staff has with Carter.

first time playing the position after being the worst defensive player last year now is starting over our best defensive player last year. Don’t care about the snaps, it’s a bad look

A bad look to who?

Advertisement
Yup, theyll try to UNC us and if we cant stop it we'll have seen what we need to know to crack open the hard stuff and drink away the pain

Just kills me everybody is so excited to see our exotic sub packages (I am as well) butttttt i do know against bama we may never see them. Getting Bama behind the sticks so many can try to confuse a young QB i just dont see it. Theyre going to take 4yard runs all game to stay ahead of the sticks.

Frierson was out of shape starting camp, Carter has played brilliantly, this is game 1.

Some of y’all want the narrative to be “lol dopey dumb **** scooping corches love seniority man” so bad you ignore literally everything else on the sheet, and what’s been said all camp. 6 is nowhere to be seen on the sheet, a true freshman is TE 2, second year and transfer guys all over the place, but you see the name at Striker week 1 and everything else disappears. Crazy.

This is good for Frierson, he needs to step up and take charge of his position, he needs to dominate. I don’t know why he let himself slide, but I bet he didn’t think he had competition at the spot.

And I know there are a dozen guys who feel the same as QP, they just didn’t post it yet. Or they feel the same way about McCloud. Relax, it'll work out.
Mccloud has stunk don’t get me wrong. But mccloud hasn’t been the guy getting ejected from games for targeting for 5 years. You’re telling me I’m being selective with my judgement it’s seems like you are too if we’re going to sit here and act like Carter hasn’t hurt this team a ton over his career here

I'm just happy Zion is on the depth chart and is playing. Carter starting I think is because of Alabama most likely coming out in a two tightend set. I'd expect to see them both play alot. Same with Stevenson. I think nesta being in the or spot is because he missed some time recently. I thought D. Johnson would start but they'll all play alot.

Advertisement
It's about match-ups guys, I'm sure the staff KNOWS Bama wants to just run it down our throats and leave that game without revealing much of their O. They dont care about this game like we do lol we're a small spec on their radar for this season and they have the size and talent to just move us around until proven otherwise. That's the ONLY reason Carter is starting.

So a player improving after a position change is a bad look now?

Advertisement
Yes indeed.

He said that was part of the deal coming in.

Personally I am happy with it.
People wanting "Freshmans" back there makes me roll my eyes. Especially in a game like this.
I am not all about a freshman going out there, but I definitely don't like one of our best CB's out there either risking a stupid injury.

So a player improving after a position change is a bad look now?
Not going to argue about it. I hope he plays like a all American this year. But his past performances and selfish play leaves a lot to be desired on the field. Hope him and Gil are both monsters at this position this year. One is already proven while the other hasn’t played a snap at that position in 5 years.

Advertisement
I am not all about a freshman going out there, but I definitely don't like one of our best CB's out there either risking a stupid injury.
Injuries are a part of the game. Cannot play scared out there.
He is a veteran player and the moment should not be too big for him.
From all indications he was the best during camp so he deserves to return punts.

Carter over Frierson doesnt surprise me for this game in particular. I think he is starting due to our opponent and how the staff thinks they will attack us. Hes more physical and could help more in run support. Now if they come out in 4 wide I'd look for that to change rather quickly.
Completely agree. Gil is way better in the passing game and I am sure we are going to get a heavy dose of run. (not to say carter is a stud in the run game)

Few interesting results...

Carter over Frierson
Clark 2nd string center. Is he even practicing?
Scaife over Williams (bodes well for us as Williams was solid last year and we know Scaife is a better tackle than guard)
Harvey over Johnson
Williams 2nd string safety
Scaife over Williams has me concerned that we will be without Nelson for this game. Hopefully someone can update us on Nelson's progress.

Advertisement
Back