Week 1 Depth Chart

Advertisement
I wouldn't read much into Carter over Gil. Carter is definitely better in the box while Gil can cover a lot better and play in space. I'm assuming the idea is Carter can bring more physicality to the LBers for Bama. They'll probably flip flop as starters based on the teams we play.
Thank you. I swear that 98% of our fanbase has never played a sport before

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
You do know both are probably going to play about the same number of snaps right?
You do know that Gil was our best defensive player all last year right? You also do know that carter was arguably our worst defensive player last year. Getting ejected from what 3 out of 11 games?

to answer your question, yes I do know Gil will play a ton. But this is just another example of the love affair this staff has with Carter.

first time playing the position after being the worst defensive player last year now is starting over our best defensive player last year. Don’t care about the snaps, it’s a bad look

Advertisement
X about to eat.

Flagg better play faster.

Harvey and Johnson gonna be in backfields a lot.

Carter/Gil will both get adequate PT. Carter playing for money this season.

Freshmans at WR? Hope to see them play in Atlanta.

Last edited:
Carter over Gil 🤣🤣🤣🤣 I just can’t do it with this staff sometimes man. Take me back to offseason already lmao
Frierson was out of shape starting camp, Carter has played brilliantly, this is game 1.

Some of y’all want the narrative to be “lol dopey dumb **** scooping corches love seniority man” so bad you ignore literally everything else on the sheet, and what’s been said all camp. 6 is nowhere to be seen on the sheet, a true freshman is TE 2, second year and transfer guys all over the place, but you see the name at Striker week 1 and everything else disappears. Crazy.

This is good for Frierson, he needs to step up and take charge of his position, he needs to dominate. I don’t know why he let himself slide, but I bet he didn’t think he had competition at the spot.

And I know there are a dozen guys who feel the same as QP, they just didn’t post it yet. Or they feel the same way about McCloud. Relax, it'll work out.

Anyone asking about Carter over gil obviously hasn't been reading the board. Supposedly this was the most quiet position battle all camp, but one of the most competitive. Supposedly Carter looks really good at striker.
You got a 6th year guy who is allowed to play his style of ball for the first time in his career. I’m not surprised; however, I doubt Gil doesn’t see the field almost the same amount as Carter.

Advertisement
Back