We need difference makers

I came away from this game more optimistic than most will I’m sure.

We really are a QB away already from being a legit team.

And we are doing it the right way. FSU is toast after this season.
Sad Cry Me A River GIF by Pudgy Memez

Advertisement
Advertisement
WR recruiting has killed us. We desperately need this 2024 class to hit

I don’t want to criticize the WR too much because tbh they weren’t highly rated or recruited guys. They’re probably playing a bit better than they should

But they’re not good enough
Earlier in the season colbie young was an NFL receiver (per cis). Zo knocked it outta the park with that Eval.

I think our top 4 guys area adequate with the right OC/HC combo

Earlier in the season colbie young was an NFL receiver (per cis). Zo knocked it outta the park with that Eval.

I think our top 4 guys area adequate with the right OC/HC combo
Yeah I like Colbie, and heck the whole group plays hard, they block, there’s nothing to really criticize with them

just only so much they can do in games like this

Advertisement
If a team runs Cover 2 Man against you all game they do not respect your wideouts. FSU secondary is not world beaters eithers which makes it so disrespectful. They said we not even going to play zone we just going to man up and shut your passing game down.
I don’t get how we don’t have separation. You can watch other offenses with guys running wide open yet our receivers are beds and defenders are blankets. Is it the route trees we run or are our receiver not polished enough in their route running?? It’s so confusing.

Who’s the playmakers ? Who’s explosive that scares dc’s? 4? lol, 7 ? Lol, 3 is a nice player and makes some plays but is inconsistent. He also struggles with separation like the rest. The route concepts don’t help them but we have no True difference makers. Especially that play out wide. I think Ray Ray and Washington could be good but they’re slots.

B Smith is the one guy that could put fear into dc’s but they don’t know how to use him. He’s being wasted.
Sid separation is the key thing you’re looking for in your WRs FAUs all world ones wouldn’t be good enough for you (in this offense) either. Because they don’t create that either. Their WRs just run routes and use their size, not speed. They push off and catch the ball. Yet everybody thinks they are gods. Young does the same thing.. except we don’t throw to him or take the 1v1 matchups when he is given them. 3 receptions with under 1 min left in the game for him is stupid. 4th was obviously PI. Good coaches can run plays to get guys open. Money Mike coaches 100 times better than our guys and still really had one big play where Cam fell for the okie doke again. But they kept us off balance all night. They controlled the game offensively.
If you have a guy who is 6’5 he doesn’t need separation. you can’t teach a man to be 6’5. FSU exploits that, we do not.

I see UNC having 3 receivers every year better than anybody Miami has. Almost always lower rated than Miami’s guys. NC State always finds a guy that’s better than anything Miami has. Duke has multiple RB’s better than Miami.

It’s sad and it’s not changing anytime soon.
Scheme and play calling.

Whatever you have to tell yourself Moper.

We just about took down the ACC darling with a freshman QB. We didn’t get blown out. And the refs had to help them.

But mope away.

Respectfully, moral victory’s and Just about don’t mean anything. Only thing that matters is did the team win or not.

Advertisement
I don’t get how we don’t have separation. You can watch other offenses with guys running wide open yet our receivers are beds and defenders are blankets. Is it the route trees we run or are our receiver not polished enough in their route running?? It’s so confusing.
Most teams use motion and formations to create mismatches for their best players. They design plays for the players based on skill set. Here we just line up and play football. No putting a teams defense on edge with formations or motions. We are literally beat before the snap

Advertisement
Most teams use motion and formations to create mismatches for their best players. They design plays for the players based on skill set. Here we just line up and play football. No putting a teams defense on edge with formations or motions. We are literally beat before the snap
Course I noticed that as well, no motion or anything. I told my wife it’s depressing watching other offenses do what they do and then watch what we do.

Sid separation is the key thing you’re looking for in your WRs FAUs all world ones wouldn’t be good enough for you (in this offense) either. Because they don’t create that either. Their WRs just run routes and use their size, not speed. They push off and catch the ball. Yet everybody thinks they are gods. Young does the same thing.. except we don’t throw to him or take the 1v1 matchups when he is given them. 3 receptions with under 1 min left in the game for him is stupid. 4th was obviously PI. Good coaches can run plays to get guys open. Money Mike coaches 100 times better than our guys and still really had one big play where Cam fell for the okie doke again. But they kept us off balance all night. They controlled the game offensively.
If you have a guy who is 6’5 he doesn’t need separation. you can’t teach a man to be 6’5. FSU exploits that, we do not.
Young is lackadaisical in his routes.

Advertisement
Back