We need difference makers

Keon Coleman is a push off TD from being negligible and Don would have had a better night than Benson if he doesn't get tackled 5 yards out of bounds. We have playmakers. We need more of course, but it's not like FSU has world beaters that we don't have.

Advertisement
Keon Coleman is a push off TD from being negligible and Don would have had a better night than Benson if he doesn't get tackled 5 yards out of bounds. We have playmakers. We need more of course, but it's not like FSU has world beaters that we don't have.
Ehh I disagree, and so will the NFL on draft day. FSU has 3 skill players that should get taken in the top 100 picks in Coleman, Benson, and Wilson.

We currently have zero. Also, it took him like 8 years it seems, but Travis is a dynamic college QB that is super athletic with his legs, so his ability to run and scramble, as well as throw the ball much better than he did 4 years ago makes it a tough offense to defend.

Ehh I disagree, and so will the NFL on draft day. FSU has 3 skill players that should get taken in the top 100 picks in Coleman, Benson, and Wilson.

We currently have zero. Also, it took him like 8 years it seems, but Travis is a dynamic college QB that is super athletic with his legs, so his ability to run and scramble, as well as throw the ball much better than he did 4 years ago makes it a tough offense to defend.
If they take Wilson in the top 100 they will be fired soon after. I don't really care what the NFL says. I care about who is making plays in our games. On Saturday night their so called "difference makers" outside of Benson we're pretty much bottle up. Just look at the box score. George had a better game than Coleman especially if the referees do their job and if Chaney does get he was 12 for 84. Our issue is our QB crapped the bed this season and then our fans expected to beat FSU with Emory starting his 2nd game against the second best team we played this year. I say that because if Clemson and FSU played tomorrow FSU loses.

Year one- kids think too much
He is also asked to run into loaded boxes all game long.

We need QB and WR improvements in the worst way. JJ, Carr, Trader plus a good QB vs those DBs would have had us with 400 yards passing and 35 points.
We been needing that. We finally addressed WR this cycle which isn’t even signed yet. It’s part of the fans’ frustrations, we ignored the most important positions of today’s game. This is what is infuriating. It’s obvious and our guy still fumbled it. Not to mention there are other positions we are lacking at, DT being the major one, and once again frustrating because our guy was supposed to shore up the trenches.

So once you get past that and that was the area we were told Mario was elite at, you then have what we knew were his weaknesses. He can’t pick the right OC at this point, there are enough data points to say that now confidently. As stated, while there are holes on this squad, major ones, we are still way more talented than our record shows.

It’s the end of year 2 and while some areas we have greatly improved at, we are a mess at the most important position on the field and direction on offense seems lost. The cherry on top which brings even more impatience from fans is that we are paying Mario a top 10ish salary for sub par results.

Advertisement
FSU has been winning on smoke and mirrors and if they were not fortunate enough to play an ACC schedule they would have lost by now

They are now capitalizing on this facade of being undefeated by recruiting exceptionlly well but looking more at it this isnt some great all time team

We didnt even need a modern offense to win this game. Mario just needed to play to win instead of playing to keep it close. Thats what makes it even more frustrating.
Went back and watched game again...I estimated Miami was about 5 solid pass plays in each half away from beating FSU by 7+

Just get the sense EVERYONE else's offense has WR/TEs standing around wide open and Miami's pass plays fight for every inch every single drive.

Is either trader or carr the type of guys that can come in and compete for starting jobs year 1 or are they going to need some seasoning?

Advertisement
We have enough weapons to beat everyone we have played and would have if TVD played like he did in Sept. At RB, I would love to see Chris Johnson get some touches and Citizen as well. Has CJ already appeared in 4 games? Is that why we don’t see him?

Where is A Highsmith? Where are former players ? May be a “peer” can beat some sense into Mario. I can’t believe no one is being vocal about getting a modern/competent O
Former players only had pitchforks for Manny but SorryriO gets a five year pass

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back