We know who, now predict the wins.

What's our record?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
While I believe we are better than 8-3, we just don't know how this season is going to look. I think anything worse than 8-3 is a huge disappointment. Actually, I think 8-3 is disappointing, all things considered.

The main concern of mine is Manny getting his team up for games. We are more talented than anyone we play, outside of Clemson. We SHOULD be 10-1. I just have real concerns with Bye Week Diaz. Here's hoping I'm wrong and Manny fixes all the issues that aren't bought with money.
100% agree. Not sure how anyone is confident. We should be 10-1... totally sure we’ll be worse than that unfortunately.

Advertisement
9-2, with a loss @Clemson and one ‘off game’. I hope the excitement of the new offense, new staff, and leadership from King will go a long way to prevent many of the lapses we’ve endured as fans.

With our old schedule I thought we would lose 2 games and go 12-2 for the season . Now I think it will be 11-3. At clemson is a lock for an L and we could lose someplace like at UL or whatever . I think it we will still get to ACCTG though and lose a 2nd time to Clemson.

So 2 losses to Clemson ( and the 1 at Clemson by a LOT ) and then 1 other road ACC game.

I think it sets up for a good narrative though as we lose 42-10 or something like that @ clemson but then in the ACCTG we almost beat them and lose 47-44 or something like that .

Advertisement
It's still to early to predict in my opinion. Do any of our players opt out? Possible scenario of 4 games back to back with UNC, @Clemson, FSU @VaTech? That would be a hard stretch of games.

VOTED 11-0 Cant never pick UM to lose.
but honestly is a three game season, FSU a rivalry game always tough but is at home should be a win.

Vtech away is another tough game.
And of course Clemson away.

10-1 is my pick with a liss to Clemson.
Play them again at the title game in a neutral site and beat them.

Advertisement
With our old schedule I thought we would lose 2 games and go 12-2 for the season . Now I think it will be 11-3. At clemson is a lock for an L and we could lose someplace like at UL or whatever . I think it we will still get to ACCTG though and lose a 2nd time to Clemson.

So 2 losses to Clemson ( and the 1 at Clemson by a LOT ) and then 1 other road ACC game.

I think it sets up for a good narrative though as we lose 42-10 or something like that @ clemson but then in the ACCTG we almost beat them and lose 47-44 or something like that .

There is no way I see a 42-10 loss to Clemson.

Even though last year was rough and we had embarrassing losses I never saw the team giving up.

10-1 with loss to Clumpson.

But we beat them in the rematch at the ACC Championship Game!!

Advertisement
Regular Season: 9-2
ACC Title Game: Loss (Record: 9-3)
Bowl Game: Let's just say loss for the sake of the larger point here. Loss (Record: 9-4)

Does 9-4 keep our recruiting class intact?

9-2. This team is talented enough to make noise, but after what I saw last year I can't see us not tripping ourselves up a couple times.

I see us giving Clemson a game but coming up short, and I also see us dropping a dumb one somewhere (UNC, Louisville, VT, who knows).

But - progress. I can't wait to see King running Lashlee's offense. The docs need to ensure that NCAA football players are the first to receive the vaccine. The old folks and at-risk groups can get in line.

Advertisement
this is the one year we couldve used the tune up games to get the team adjusted to the offense before league play. still see a lost to clemson. shouldnt lose anywhere else even though theres a high chance we drop a gimme game somewhere

I know people like to criticize the ACC, and the last 2 years the conference has stunk. This year though the ACC is much improved.

Clemson-Obviously a favorite to win the NC.

Miami-Should be much improved with King at QB, Lashlee at OC, and the best pair of DE's in America. I think a top 15-20 team.

UNC-One of the best QB's and offenses in America. Took Clemson to the wire last year. I think a top 15-20 team.

Louisville-One of the best offenses in America. Fastest offense in the ACC, and of the fastest in America. Top 20-25 type team.

VT-Won 8 games last year, would have won more if they starter Hooker all season at QB IMO. Borderline top 25 team.

Pittsburgh-Returns most of their team off an 8 win season. Veteran QB, speed on offense, and arguably the top defense in the ACC loaded with future NFL players. A top 25-30 type team.

UVA-A very weell coached team, will drop off this year due to loss at QB, but the defense should be even better this year than last year. They won't win more games, but they will be a physical test for any team they play.

ND-a top 10-15 type team.

8-3 I would like to think higher than that but I think we still have some hiccups. It starts with Manny and he has to prove that he knows how to win.

Advertisement
Back