We know who, now predict the wins.

What's our record?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m in the 9 and 2 boat. I think who the 2nd loss is depends on how the schedule sets up. I would put my money on one of wake, UL, or VT for one of the losses along with Clemson.

Advertisement
New dynamic Q, very promising OC, improved O-line puts me with the 9-2 crowd. Hopefully they keep the D off the field a little more than the last few seasons.

But it depends on how the schedule lays out, who and how we play early in a big game (We beat Florida last year and it would have been a very different season). Then we see if this particular team breaks the tendency of playing down to the competition of the teams we should roll.

10-1. Tougher schedule than normal for sure, but im all in on lashlee scoring and tempo. Once our D see’s the O is pulling their weight, theyll get back to balling with ears pinned back. Hoping we get a couple of the easier teams first to build the confidence and get this machine rolling.

I wish someone could post the results of this same poll for the last decade... I feel like every year is the same thing. How many times have we said, "No, this year is going to be different we have a new OC and finally a QB." Currently, 9% think we are going undefeated. I mean I guess it is better than being a constant mope. I hope you all are right. I just don't want to be outcoached in every game anymore.

Advertisement
11-0.

Diaz can’t afford to not win at least 10 though if we keeping this class.
Every team to me we are better than except Clemson.. However nobody knows what will happen. Injuries, opt-outs, covid, Gonna be a fun year. Everybody stay safe and let's go!!

We also now know the whens in case anyone wants to revise their selection.

EevTwVeXkAAQ1D9.jpg

We can throw out predictions now but with this corona you never know what can happen.if the wrong guys are infected were screwed were not deep enough to overcome guys sitting out at certain positions

Advertisement
10—1 if they figure out the OL and the DT's can just hold the interior of the DL down. The LB's are a big question mark as well. Just play assignment football, let the DE's do their thing.

FSU and Clemson early, I’m going 10-1. I like getting Clemson earlier but not too early. As usual though the big one will define our season. Usually if we lose the big game our season always goes down the toilet. I expect us to play Clemson close, who knows we might just grab a W.

Clemson has question marks of their own and no team is unbeatable.

If the defense is close to what it was last year and the offense is as good as we reasonably expect, this is a very winnable game.

This team to me has a 3-tiered outcome.

Tier 1: 11-0, 10-1 - very good team playing well on both sides of the ball, or even dominating on one side.

Tier 2: 8-3 - Slight improvement, but some still very disappointing play/coaching/games.

Tier 3: 7-4, 6-5 - no progress, poor coaching in a bad league; basically, last year.

notice there is no 9-2. I don’t think it’s possible. For Miami to go 9-2 there would have to be another Clemson-type team on the schedule and there isn’t one. If Miami were to lose to Clemson and one more, than there would be at least one more additional. If Miami is a 10-1 team then Miami is head and shoulders above the rest of the schedule. In that case I don’t see loss 2.

I believe this team is Tier 1. If opponents defenses can’t get off the field because King can find first downs (and touchdowns, of course) like you’d expect from a Heisman candidate then I just don’t see two losses in the regular season.

Advertisement
We can throw out predictions now but with this corona you never know what can happen.if the wrong guys are infected were screwed were not deep enough to overcome guys sitting out at certain positions

Clemson and us are the two deepest in the conference. So if guys get sick we have best chance of getting through

Might be time 2 adjust predictions with our best player opting out that could cost us a game unless someone else steps way up

This team to me has a 3-tiered outcome.

Tier 1: 11-0, 10-1 - very good team playing well on both sides of the ball, or even dominating on one side.

Tier 2: 8-3 - Slight improvement, but some still very disappointing play/coaching/games.

Tier 3: 7-4, 6-5 - no progress, poor coaching in a bad league; basically, last year.

notice there is no 9-2. I don’t think it’s possible. For Miami to go 9-2 there would have to be another Clemson-type team on the schedule and there isn’t one. If Miami were to lose to Clemson and one more, than there would be at least one more additional. If Miami is a 10-1 team then Miami is head and shoulders above the rest of the schedule. In that case I don’t see loss 2.

I believe this team is Tier 1. If opponents defenses can’t get off the field because King can find first downs (and touchdowns, of course) like you’d expect from a Heisman candidate then I just don’t see two losses in the regular season.
Well said, and a well thought out post.

I wish I could have us Tier 1 but its 2 for me. I'll have to physically see it to buy into tier one.

Advertisement
King changes everything and I have to see how he spins the ball, but we have enough talent to go 10-1. If he starts throwing and running all over the place things could get very interesting. You just have to see what the disposition and confidence-level of the team is with him in the locker room.

Advertisement
Back