We have some **** good players

People will hate this - but this offense would be so much more lethal if JT would have stayed around for the Lashlee/King experiment. Having a guy that’s hard to cover 1 on 1 along with our TEs would really open up the offense.
JT is more talented than any of our three starters, but we need buy in. I just hope he gets it together and truly commits to being a professional football player.

Advertisement
Early in the game he took a horrible angle and washed himself right out of the play by running into a block, resulting in a long run by the RB, but after that he really seemed to get it together.
Agree. Because on CIS, a player is NEVER allowed to make a mistake. Other than Clemson, name me a better offense we will face?

Advertisement
Oline needs to really improve. Starting out at second and long every time is gonna suck down the line. But the fact we have a significantly better qb and off coordinator is the difference we need.
Well L'ville stacked the box. Its pretty hard to block being outnumbered.

Bolden is the best player on D and our best safety in a loooooong time. Like Kenny Phillips long.

Jaelan is 100% the real deal, was in the back field all night.

Receivers are bad to borderline awful. Harley, Pope and Wiggins all had bad drops. Pope especially refuses to fight for the ball. Younger guys need more reps there.
Jaquan got something to say about that. 🙄

Nesta Silvera is better than FSUs Marvin Wilson... the best DT in the ACC.
LOL I like Nesta’s attitude and will root my *** off for him but he’s not close to Wilson. At this point, Durden and Cooper are way better as well.

We aren’t on Clemson’s level but only two teams are. This is the best we’ve been in years. Usually are weak spots are game breakers but this years weak spots (WR, CB, LB) can still make some big plays
No doubt we aren't on Clemson's level yet, but we aren't as far away as we were before. I don't expect us to beat Clemson but I do expect a competitive game. We have an offense that will score points and we have athletes that can compete with anybody in the country.

Advertisement
We were NEVER going to keep Louisville’s offense in check, but giving them 34 points was ridiculous.

Biggest issue I have is with Blake Baker. He is hiding behind a **** good DL. Predictable blitzes, having Bolden cover Atwell (WTF!), guys not containing the backside, over pursuits.... Just an overall undisciplined defense.

Only issue on Offense is the ****** WRs. Harley and Pope just aren’t the answer. OL is still not dominant but we just need them to be competent.

Absolutely love our special teams. Jose Borregales!
I agree with 90% of your post but I just have to think that our deficiencies in corner back depth resulted in Bolden covering Atwell. I bet even Baker would say he wasn’t happy with that match up.

Advertisement
Wilson overrated imo, he was getting man handled by Zion nelson last year
I’m not saying he’s Aaron Donald, but he’s better and way more proven than Nesta. I know PFF only gets credit when they grade our guys high but he was the #1 returning DT according to their rankings. And if you look at them, it’s all the top DTs in the country.

Nesta has the same problem Ford and Miller have. They’re in the right spot, they just can’t wrap up and finish. Go back and watch film of RJ, Norton or Willis. Nesta ain’t in the same league

This team is not perfect. LB and WR are weak spots. But it’s been a long time since we’ve had this many good players making plays in Cane uniforms.

King is a star. Jordan and Mallory are the best TE duo in the country. The RBs are game breakers. Phillips is first round. Nesta is coming on. Bolden is a stud safety. The kicking game is as good as I’ve seen.

We’ve got real talent and we’re finally playing fast on both sides of the ball.
AND, we had a Blades make a big play. That feeling has been sorely missed. Oh, we scored some points. Coach, QB, and DT are essential for Miami. I'm not sold on Manny but King looks like a Miami QB of old.

Advertisement
Lots of ticky-tack calls and they all went against us. The running into the kicker penalty should have been roughing all day long. We got held bad on a couple of their bigger plays. Amazing how much the refs consistently go against us.
Their OL made a flinch and we get called for off sides.

This team is not perfect. LB and WR are weak spots. But it’s been a long time since we’ve had this many good players making plays in Cane uniforms.

King is a star. Jordan and Mallory are the best TE duo in the country. The RBs are game breakers. Phillips is first round. Nesta is coming on. Bolden is a stud safety. The kicking game is as good as I’ve seen.

Imagine if we had a kicker like that last year. We win at least 2 more games.

Agree. Because on CIS, a player is NEVER allowed to make a mistake. Other than Clemson, name me a better offense we will face?
Unc there is an argument there. They have three dangerous wideouts and two good backs. And obv the QB goes without saying. Also their defense is way better than UL. But point being the heels offense imo is better

This team is not perfect. LB and WR and CB are weak spots. But it’s been a long time since we’ve had this many good players making plays in Cane uniforms.

there.

fixed it for you.

Advertisement
Back