We have some **** good players

đź’Ż

Jury is still out on Manny overall but he definitely addressed all of our major weaknesses from the last couple of years: lack of overall talent, lack of an offense, lack of a real and mature QB, and lack of a punter and placekicker. And he worked those back channels to death to get it done! Lol

No I agree. He analyzed and answered. Remember at his base he was a statistician.

Advertisement
No he did not. He got caught up in the wash way too often. And went into the wrong gap and was slow to react on the stretch plays. A lot of bad plays for him but the good ones stood out more. He made one play at the end and got crowned lol
Not ok to tell the truth when the board is hyped. Worst LB unit right now in years. Slow and uninspired almost every snap

we made so many mistakes on offense and hung 47 on them. that's the crazy thing for me. cut the penalties and drops in half and we're probably pushing 60. this is the offense we've been waiting for.

This is a benefit of limited tape on the offense. Lashlee is basically going "oh yeah? well here's this" and then scoring on a 75 yard TD, then another 75 yard TD on the very next play.

Crazy, considering he showed his entire offense already in the first game. And yeah, I'm gonna be really obnoxious about this, because every one of you who said he showed the entire playbook against UAB is severe head trauma stupid. Like Chris Henry falling off the back of a truck (but he lived) stupid.

Anywho, enjoy it while you can, because the more there's tape on it, the more difficult it becomes to execute. Regardless, really, really encouraged by what we saw on offense today. It does appear we're subtly doing whatever we want. For now.

Advertisement
Bubba Bolden is the light skinned Brandon Merriweather....he is all over the field. Making play after play after play.

It’s great to see guys breaking out and Phillips.....PHILLIPS..guy reminded me what we’ve been missing by not grabbing top DLineman in recruiting. He’s just a different type of animal.

I gotta ad this...I hate that it’s taken 3.5 years to get our Saftey recruiting right because Amari Carter would have made a great Modern era OLB.

And just think King and them could comeback another yr because this yr doesnt count against them. I believe next game we will start seeing more of the freshman receivers out there or even Knighton in the slot.

On defense i look to start seeing Brooks more and more with Huff getting some burn because of the short spring hurt Huff's chances but i believe he will start getting his time.

This teams weakest spots are CB and WR. Period. Unfortunately those 2 holes in the roster are going to severely limit our chances against a team like Clemson.

With that said, we've got a good OC and QB. We've had neither of those things in quite some time. Enjoy the ride and just hope we can have a good enough season to create some serious buzz that will carry recruiting to new heights.

There is no excuse for a UM football team to EVER be weak at CB and WR. South Florida produces those two positions year in and year out. You win more **** games on the field, and elite parents/kids are going to be more willing to stay home. It really is that simple.
Naw the teams weakest spots are Defensive coordinator and LB. And our DC coaches LBers so it makes sense.

This team is not perfect. LB and WR are weak spots. But it’s been a long time since we’ve had this many good players making plays in Cane uniforms.

King is a star. Jordan and Mallory are the best TE duo in the country. The RBs are game breakers. Phillips is first round. Nesta is coming on. Bolden is a stud safety. The kicking game is as good as I’ve seen.

We’ve got real talent and we’re finally playing fast on both sides of the ball.
Nailed it! 'Nuff said.

Advertisement
No he did not. He got caught up in the wash way too often. And went into the wrong gap and was slow to react on the stretch plays. A lot of bad plays for him but the good ones stood out more. He made one play at the end and got crowned lol
I thought his game was mixed. He did play the best of the LBs, bit you are correct on your assessment. I commented during the game that he was lined up too close tp the other LB and was taking himself out of plays against their outside zone runs where all of our LBs looked non existent.

Louisville feasted on the outzone runs. That's their bread and butter. You'd think we'd have a better scheme and alignment to stop it. McCloud and Jennings looked slow on the outside zone plays. They just couldn't get their, so they should have widened their splits to stop it.

Hopefully they get better, but I'd like to see some young guys get reps as well.

I’ll give credit where credit is due. 53 played well tonight. I’ve been a big advocate on his benching. But he did his thing tonight.
Good observation. McCloud finally played like a quality player. On the other hand, Jennings was AWOL. We obviously do not coach this position well. The 2nd team LB's were non factors.

That is an interesting stat given the fact that our running game should only get better and more efficient/consistent. I like what what our running game is doing right now considering we are just 2 games in. We are a bit too feast or famine in terms of the running game right now but you can see a big improvement from last year and as I said, as we continue to play games the OL will gradually improve over the course of the year.

Another obvious yet interesting thing is that our entire running game up to this point has been mostly one play, the inside zone through the B gap on the right side of the line. I believe that Lashlee is using this as his starting point/focal point off of which many other plays are run off of. I think that Lashlee is taking a one step at a time approach to building this running game in terms of not overwhelming the OL and to let them master something before adding another facet to the running game. The exciting thing is that as we add more play variation and formations and success in the passing game like we saw tonight, opposing defenses are going to find it more and more difficult to stop that basic inside zone running play. Add OL development and a higher comfort level and better vision from the young backs and it won't be that long before this entire offense becomes a nightmare for opposing DCs.

Agreed. And another interesting way to look at it is this - we still haven’t mastered the read part of the option. King gives at times where there’s a glaring need for him to keep, and he keeps when the hole is wide open for the back. We have to fix that because teams are just going to keep crashing down on our run game.

Advertisement
Impressive -

- Lashlee
- King
- Brevin
- Mallory
- Bolden
- Cam Williams (needs to play more)
- Phillips
- Blades
- Couch
- JHH

Struggled-

- WRs (too many drops)
- LBs
- Roche (thought he had a bad game)
- DTs

Great offensive game, and the defense looked solid in the first half. Given the style of offense Louisville has, it was going to be the type of game where our LBs and DTs were out matched due to their speed and quick passing plays. I’d still like to see more Brooks, Huff, and even Steed against a team like this.

Thought Roche had a bad game. A few penalties and not making plays he should. Cam Williams looked real good. Would love to start seeing more of him and Harvey. And I think Phillips is starting to catch his stride. IMO were going to see a 2-3 sack game out of him coming up

Blades and Bolden are studs. Couch played good as well. And Amari is Amari; takes bad angles and misses tackles he should make but is always going to be a physical presence. Hall got dinged up I think, but need Hall and Bolden to be the guys back there 80% of the time

Offense. Our TEs are absolute studs. Mallory has hugely improved his blocking. Kudos to him and coach fields. If it wasn’t for the bad false start call, both TE would’ve had 100+ yards and 1+ TDs. need to keep going to these two.

OL was good. Still a work in progress and a few too many penalties. But they did well and allowed our guys to make plays. Jarrid Williams is a huge addition

WRs - can we start to see Restrepo? Harleys TD drop was brutal. Clearly missing dependable WRs as the drops and no separation are an issue.

and O how about our QB. Starting to feel like he’s going to start building his Heisman Campaign

Naw the teams weakest spots are Defensive coordinator and LB. And our DC coaches LBers so it makes sense.

I said going into the game it would be about our LBs and dumb *** Baker. UL scored all their points last year vs. our LBs, Safeties and Strikers. Baker is our weak link because he makes an already suspect defensive staff even worse.

There's a difference between "slow and uninspired" and "playing meaningful reps for the first time on the road in an important game," and I would expect one Sterling Archer to understand said difference.
I hear you. Id prefer aggression to stagnant though from the LBs. To be honest on rewatch the DL was bad. Left LBs to deal with 2 clean guards with a head of steam far too often

Advertisement
Talent is coming up and this year will be fun. It is a good thing we have the WR class committed that we do, because it is needed. Hopefully the young WRs get more reps over the season. Pope is inconsistent but had a couple of nice catches. Harley I have no idea about.

I think and hope the young LBs will be solid. 17 and 6 look like Miami LBs from an athleticism standpoint and Huff should be the same. McCloud played better as the game went on. Jennings just doesn’t have it.

Long term, Baker and Patke are just not good enough at their jobs to collect a paycheck. This ******* is calling the same delayed blitz over and over when team’s basic starting points against our defense is get it out quick. The only thing worse than seeing those blitzes is seeing his mug in a Miami shirt on the sideline.

however, offensively this season will be FUN to watch.

Agreed. And another interesting way to look at it is this - we still haven’t mastered the read part of the option. King gives at times where there’s a glaring need for him to keep, and he keeps when the hole is wide open for the back. We have to fix that because teams are just going to keep crashing down on our run game.
I'm in agreement with you about King and his reads on that core running play. What has been speculated is that he may not have a green light to pull and run. It has been suggested that the coaches feel good enough about our ability to move the football and score that they are trying to hammer into King's head that he needs to go through an entire season and they do not want to subject him to gratuitous punishment. Certainly going forward there will be big games and moments in those games where all options will be on the table but for the time being it's better to be a bit one dimensional in that run play and keep King healthy than to risk losing him.

People will hate this - but this offense would be so much more lethal if JT would have stayed around for the Lashlee/King experiment. Having a guy that’s hard to cover 1 on 1 along with our TEs would really open up the offense.

Advertisement
Back