We have some **** good players

Advertisement
Tell Manny to stop being a cheap motherfvcker and get us a few SEEKERS. Wide Receivers will be better instantaneously.

monarc-seeker-dsc3080*1024xx5568-3132-0-290.jpg

Cam Williams looks like a young Jon Garvin
Jafari Harvey made a great play on the quarterback when Phillips was hurt before he 3rd down play.
I keep seeing Nesta’s name being mentioned. He is average at best
I’ll take his version of average every day of the week.
Nesta made some great plays against very fast players.

Advertisement
This team is not perfect. LB and WR are weak spots. But it’s been a long time since we’ve had this many good players making plays in Cane uniforms.

King is a star. Jordan and Mallory are the best TE duo in the country. The RBs are game breakers. Phillips is first round. Nesta is coming on. Bolden is a stud safety. The kicking game is as good as I’ve seen.

We’ve got real talent and we’re finally playing fast on both sides of the ball.

We were NEVER going to keep Louisville’s offense in check, but giving them 34 points was ridiculous.

Biggest issue I have is with Blake Baker. He is hiding behind a **** good DL. Predictable blitzes, having Bolden cover Atwell (WTF!), guys not containing the backside, over pursuits.... Just an overall undisciplined defense.

Only issue on Offense is the ****** WRs. Harley and Pope just aren’t the answer. OL is still not dominant but we just need them to be competent.

Absolutely love our special teams. Jose Borregales!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Frankly it's exciting to actually begin to see the talent level on this team get to where it is. We are beginning to get to an overal talent level we haven't seen in a very long time. Weaknesses at WR, CB, LB and still a bit at OL but we are getting better. This OL is going to be good by the end of the year and these backs will be special. King is the real deal and special teams is night and day improved. Borregalles is a stud! Hedley is a stud. WR has been rough but I saw improvement tonight. Just keep getting better and maybe work some of the young kids in as we go along. With LB the real talent is still very young but just keep improving. CB is actually a bit scary and we have to start recruiting that position. We're Miami for crying out loud! Bubba Bolden is a stud! Jaelen Phillips is a stud. Silvera will keep getting better. Jared Harrison Hunte is a future stud! Cam Williams is a future stud. Avery Huff will come on eventually as will Brooks with more experience. Keontra Smith is a stud! Jahfari Harvey is a future player.

Yes I know I'm not a huge fan of Baker by a long shot and we will need to hire a high end DC to take the next step but for right now it's a predominantly young defense with a ton of talent on the way up. We need to keep the recruiting going and keep James Williams, Leonard Taylor, Kinchens because we have guys like Elijah Roberts and Jabari Ishmael coming in as well as guys like Chase Smith, Avantae Williams and others. We have Payton and Redding at WR and I expect both to come on in addition to Restrepo.

No we're not a perfect team but we are improving. Let's just keep improving every week! The future looks bright.

5.3 yards rushing. Systems help players/units.
That is an interesting stat given the fact that our running game should only get better and more efficient/consistent. I like what what our running game is doing right now considering we are just 2 games in. We are a bit too feast or famine in terms of the running game right now but you can see a big improvement from last year and as I said, as we continue to play games the OL will gradually improve over the course of the year.

Another obvious yet interesting thing is that our entire running game up to this point has been mostly one play, the inside zone through the B gap on the right side of the line. I believe that Lashlee is using this as his starting point/focal point off of which many other plays are run off of. I think that Lashlee is taking a one step at a time approach to building this running game in terms of not overwhelming the OL and to let them master something before adding another facet to the running game. The exciting thing is that as we add more play variation and formations and success in the passing game like we saw tonight, opposing defenses are going to find it more and more difficult to stop that basic inside zone running play. Add OL development and a higher comfort level and better vision from the young backs and it won't be that long before this entire offense becomes a nightmare for opposing DCs.

Advertisement
Oline needs to really improve. Starting out at second and long every time is gonna suck down the line. But the fact we have a significantly better qb and off coordinator is the difference we need.

They'd look even better if their coaches stopped putting them in poor positions.
Bolden was getting worked by Tutu, but he has no business covering him one-on-one.

And our alignments on defense are just awful. So often we are beat before the snap. On Tutu's long catch we had Bolden playing man coverage on him with outside leverage/alignment but no help in the middle of the field.

Our LB's are being left out to dry in the run game too. Too often they have to defeat O-lineman's blocks because our DL is not being gap sound up-front.

Advertisement
Back