We go no worse than 10-2 next season

It would have to be 2017 all over again and even luckier than that. We haven't had a good offensive line in a few seasons. That won't magically be changed next year. I'm not confident that Nkosi will take the next step to total competent qb play. Without those two it won't matter how good our skill guys are. Oh and Mork will still be calling his 30 year old plays.

Advertisement
I know people gonna roast me for saying this - but I do believe we have the talent on the roster as constructed to win 10 games next year. Here are my reasons:

1. N'Kosi will be a far better QB than he has shown. He no longer has to worry about being pulled. He can play free. Add another 10-15 lbs to his frame and he will get stronger.
2. Lorenzo Lingard is an absolute beast. He will show out once he is healthy. Cam Davis showed how good he can be. DJ Dallas is more than capable. RB depth is a strength for us.
3. Mark Pope, Hightower, Ezzard, Harley, Butter Fingers Wiggins - along with Payton will be a perform to a higher standard.
4. Brevin is an All-America candidate in terms of skill set. Mallory is a perfect compliment.
5. O-Line play cannot get worse - I believe improvement here is expected. Players have more experience and been through the S&C program multiple years. Results will prove that.
6. The defense will see minimal dropoff in my opinion. We signed some dawgs last cycle and they got valuable experience this year. Next year, they will show out.
7. The Coastal is weak. Yes - i know it was weak this year also - but, based on the points above, we will win the type of games we lost this year.

I may be a glass half full type of guy - but, all is not doom and gloom. It may not be ideal right now, but things will improve. We have multiple reasons to think that. Just saying.

Cocaine a helluva drug

Advertisement
I'm typically an optimist too...

10-2 should've been the standard this year as well. You're allowed one bad season every 3-4 years. This was Richts (year one typically excluded). Anything worse than 9-3 last year isn't acceptable.

Offense needs to be top 45 (show significant enough improvement to say "we're trending up", not just "we're average") and defense needs to stay in the top 20. Both of those should be enough for us to get 10-2/9-3 and an ACCCG ticket.

Advertisement
I know people gonna roast me for saying this - but I do believe we have the talent on the roster as constructed to win 10 games next year. Here are my reasons:

1. N'Kosi will be a far better QB than he has shown. He no longer has to worry about being pulled. He can play free. Add another 10-15 lbs to his frame and he will get stronger.
2. Lorenzo Lingard is an absolute beast. He will show out once he is healthy. Cam Davis showed how good he can be. DJ Dallas is more than capable. RB depth is a strength for us.
3. Mark Pope, Hightower, Ezzard, Harley, Butter Fingers Wiggins - along with Payton will be a perform to a higher standard.
4. Brevin is an All-America candidate in terms of skill set. Mallory is a perfect compliment.
5. O-Line play cannot get worse - I believe improvement here is expected. Players have more experience and been through the S&C program multiple years. Results will prove that.
6. The defense will see minimal dropoff in my opinion. We signed some dawgs last cycle and they got valuable experience this year. Next year, they will show out.
7. The Coastal is weak. Yes - i know it was weak this year also - but, based on the points above, we will win the type of games we lost this year.

I may be a glass half full type of guy - but, all is not doom and gloom. It may not be ideal right now, but things will improve. We have multiple reasons to think that. Just saying.
Here’s the thing... we had the talent to go 10-1 this season too. We didn’t.

I wouldn’t be confident in anything until the staff changes.

QB is obviously going to be the determining factor. Do you believe Perry is mature enough to do what it takes to lead this team?
Or do you believe he's in a smoke filled car posing with stacks of cash and struggling to decide if he should or should not post to his Instagram account?

The chip on the players and coaches shoulder should be off the charts going into the off season/fall camp next year. Head down and work. Shut everyone up.

Here’s the thing... we had the talent to go 10-1 this season too. We didn’t.

I wouldn’t be confident in anything until the staff changes.

We did at certain positions but the most important position we had D2 level play so gtfo with this nonsense.

Advertisement
The offense literally could not be worse. And i cring when i type this btw. But the defense will take a step back

Go look at that schedule we played and tell me who we should’ve lost to.

The answer is nobody.

Again, we had games where our QB didn’t complete 50% of their passes and WR’s dropped balls/didn’t know their routes and then guys running free with the QB not even looking in that direction. Call it coaching, call it Perry just starting to learn. It is what it is. It will get better.

Advertisement
6 - 6. The offense is a dumpster fire and the defense likely takes a step back. If nothing else, losing Willis will have an impact. Miss me with the "ACC Coastal is weak" talking point. It's always weak. It was weak this year. How did that work out for us?

QB is obviously going to be the determining factor. Do you believe Perry is mature enough to do what it takes to lead this team?
Or do you believe he's in a smoke filled car posing with stacks of cash and struggling to decide if he should or should not post to his Instagram account?
Maturity can happen at any point. Why not now?

'19 schedule is worse than this year.
Everyone is well versed on our problems. Some of our opponents have issues too.
We have 5 gimmies (2 unnamed opponents, Central Michigan, UL, UVA at home).
One of the 2 vs VT and GT at home.
Two of the 4 "tossups" vs Duke, UNC, Pitt, and FSU.

No homerism, no negativity.
8 wins.

Again, we had games where our QB didn’t complete 50% of their passes and WR’s dropped balls/didn’t know their routes and then guys running free with the QB not even looking in that direction. Call it coaching, call it Perry just starting to learn. It is what it is. It will get better.

I do call it coaching. But I’m Not sure how the coaching gets better if the coaching is the same.

Advertisement
Back