We go no worse than 10-2 next season

redrum234

Recruit
I know people gonna roast me for saying this - but I do believe we have the talent on the roster as constructed to win 10 games next year. Here are my reasons:

1. N'Kosi will be a far better QB than he has shown. He no longer has to worry about being pulled. He can play free. Add another 10-15 lbs to his frame and he will get stronger.
2. Lorenzo Lingard is an absolute beast. He will show out once he is healthy. Cam Davis showed how good he can be. DJ Dallas is more than capable. RB depth is a strength for us.
3. Mark Pope, Hightower, Ezzard, Harley, Butter Fingers Wiggins - along with Payton will be a perform to a higher standard.
4. Brevin is an All-America candidate in terms of skill set. Mallory is a perfect compliment.
5. O-Line play cannot get worse - I believe improvement here is expected. Players have more experience and been through the S&C program multiple years. Results will prove that.
6. The defense will see minimal dropoff in my opinion. We signed some dawgs last cycle and they got valuable experience this year. Next year, they will show out.
7. The Coastal is weak. Yes - i know it was weak this year also - but, based on the points above, we will win the type of games we lost this year.

I may be a glass half full type of guy - but, all is not doom and gloom. It may not be ideal right now, but things will improve. We have multiple reasons to think that. Just saying.

Advertisement
We’ll set the line at 9.5 ill take the under..500$ bet..venmo or paypal..u in?

I said the same thing your saying a couple of weeks ago and even though yesterday was not ideal, I still stand by my prediction. And yes you will get roasted for coming on here and being positive about the program but I can say that in my original post I received more up votes (and positive reactions) than down votes. However, yesterday did happen so I'm afraid that your going to get worked today for your views.

But I will give you a up vote. I believe we will have a very good season next year which will result in a better recruiting class to help us recover from this year.

GO CANES!!!

I said the same thing your saying a couple of weeks ago and even though yesterday was not ideal, I still stand by my prediction. And yes you will get roasted for coming on here and being positive about the program but I can say that in my original post I received more up votes (and positive reactions) than down votes. However, yesterday did happen so I'm afraid that your going to get worked today for your views.

But I will give you a up vote. I believe we will have a very good season next year which will result in a better recruiting class to help us recover from this year.

GO CANES!!!
People LOVE negativity bro! Its like a drug for these posters.

Advertisement
U say negative, I say realistic. We have a better chance of getting swept by UF n FSU than going 10-2. I actually agree with you on most of what you wrote but even if everybody comes back on defense we are taking a step back. Banda first time DC and Willis is gone. Willis played out of this world, cant replace that talent.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It doesn’t matter who our players are; we still have the same coaches, man.

It’s the same problem we’ve had for two decades. Talent has never been an issue, even during the infamous “cloud.” We were still pulling classes that were a cut above the every other team in the Coastal Division. Like always, only one thing is missing: competent coaching.

Theres no doubt we COULD go 10-2. Theres no reason we should not make it to Charlotte. Problem is, that was same situation this year. We should have cake walked to ACCCG and failed miserably. With the negativity permeating seemingly everything in the program right now (and i dont mean people's outlook, i mean it seems like everything is just bad right now at all levels) other than a hope we are better at qb, i dont see any reason 2019 team will be better than 2018 team. Offensive line is still a massive concern. If that doesnt improve, nothing will.

But like you, I will remain optimistic and hope for the best. I don't have any influence on any changes made at The U, so i dont spend my time fixating on what changes are or are not made. Even though there are unquestionably changes i would like to see happen and feel we desperately need, thats entirely out of my control. And no, i dont root against my boys or boycott the program. I have no issue with people who do the latter, i have no respect for anyone who does the former. But im an old fan. Ive been through down cycles and tough times. Ill still go all out for my canes and will still make the trip down for a game next year. Probably hit the opener in orlando too. Going to take my daughter to the hard rock for first time ever. She's 5 and wont care what our record is at the time. Lol

Advertisement
I know people gonna roast me for saying this - but I do believe we have the talent on the roster as constructed to win 10 games next year. Here are my reasons:

1. N'Kosi will be a far better QB than he has shown. He no longer has to worry about being pulled. He can play free. Add another 10-15 lbs to his frame and he will get stronger.
2. Lorenzo Lingard is an absolute beast. He will show out once he is healthy. Cam Davis showed how good he can be. DJ Dallas is more than capable. RB depth is a strength for us.
3. Mark Pope, Hightower, Ezzard, Harley, Butter Fingers Wiggins - along with Payton will be a perform to a higher standard.
4. Brevin is an All-America candidate in terms of skill set. Mallory is a perfect compliment.
5. O-Line play cannot get worse - I believe improvement here is expected. Players have more experience and been through the S&C program multiple years. Results will prove that.
6. The defense will see minimal dropoff in my opinion. We signed some dawgs last cycle and they got valuable experience this year. Next year, they will show out.
7. The Coastal is weak. Yes - i know it was weak this year also - but, based on the points above, we will win the type of games we lost this year.

I may be a glass half full type of guy - but, all is not doom and gloom. It may not be ideal right now, but things will improve. We have multiple reasons to think that. Just saying.

It's not called glass half full. It's called delusional.

Has anyone ever considered that the Coastal is weak partly because Miami's decided to hang around UVA and Duke in terms of performance? Had VT played up to what they were in the Beamer era and Miami was winning 9-10 games consistently, the Coastal wouldn't be such a joke.

Advertisement
Back