We go no worse than 10-2 next season

Advertisement
People LOVE negativity bro! Its like a drug for these posters.
If our goal is championship or bust like it has been since the 80's, then yes, you can call me a pessimist. This team has underperformed since it entered the ACC. We STILL have never won the ACC and we've won the sorry Coastal ONCE in 15 years. I use to be optimistic about the next season, but being disappointed year after year has lead me to...show me, then I'll get excited.

Can we win 10 games with the talent we have, absolutely. The question is will we. We've only won 10 games once in the last how many years??

We just played the worst schedule possibly ever at Miami, and only won 7 games. I'm glad you guys didn't meet Jim Jones.
Thank you sir may I have another........

Attachments

• 30BF6A91-8EC3-4B90-ABA7-80B1C223368C.jpeg
    30BF6A91-8EC3-4B90-ABA7-80B1C223368C.jpeg
    87.3 KB · Views: 2
Advertisement
I know people gonna roast me for saying this - but I do believe we have the talent on the roster as constructed to win 10 games next year. Here are my reasons:

1. N'Kosi will be a far better QB than he has shown. He no longer has to worry about being pulled. He can play free. Add another 10-15 lbs to his frame and he will get stronger.
2. Lorenzo Lingard is an absolute beast. He will show out once he is healthy. Cam Davis showed how good he can be. DJ Dallas is more than capable. RB depth is a strength for us.
3. Mark Pope, Hightower, Ezzard, Harley, Butter Fingers Wiggins - along with Payton will be a perform to a higher standard.
4. Brevin is an All-America candidate in terms of skill set. Mallory is a perfect compliment.
5. O-Line play cannot get worse - I believe improvement here is expected. Players have more experience and been through the S&C program multiple years. Results will prove that.
6. The defense will see minimal dropoff in my opinion. We signed some dawgs last cycle and they got valuable experience this year. Next year, they will show out.
7. The Coastal is weak. Yes - i know it was weak this year also - but, based on the points above, we will win the type of games we lost this year.

I may be a glass half full type of guy - but, all is not doom and gloom. It may not be ideal right now, but things will improve. We have multiple reasons to think that. Just saying.

Yada yada yada

Advertisement
7-5 this year. Next year no Diaz, Richt still calling plays, and the worst UM recruiting class since people started keeping score of such things, and we're going up to 10 wins.

Makes sense.

The same people that makes these predictions are the same ones, who refuse to bet the over when the regular season future win totals get posted. They all make these predictions but are scared to put money behind them. Makes you wonder how confident they really are in their analysis.

Last edited:
Sadly, I agree. This is the Richt show man. It's what he does.

He produces teams that are good enough to get to that 10 win range, but that's it. Unless we get some sort of transcendent talent at QB, we will never get over that Clemson hump. The thing is, Richt guys like Baker, RG3, Tua, Manziel, Watson, Cam, and Jameis wouldn't be the same Qb's under Richt. He'd bench them for not following the script.

Advertisement
I have a question for the Patke and Banda bashers. First I don't know what they'll be. I also would have liked them to bring someone in but I understand the hire. They could be solid, great, or terrible. I'll reserve my judgement until i see the product on the field. But my question is if you guys think Diaz is a defensive god how come you have ZERO confidence in two dudes who were hand picked by him to be on his staff?

While I'm by no means as optimistic as OP is, one other wrinkle to this on why it's at least a possibility we will be better next year is simply due to aging. Next year the Shaq class will be seniors. The Golden kids will be gone. The stacked 2018 class we landed which was chock full of studs will no longer be true freshmen. The 2017 kids will be upperclassmen. And while our thin and overall weak 2019 class will eventually hurt us, you won't likely see a huge impact from that next season as not a ton of true freshmen come right out of the gates and make a huge impact. Sure, some do, but it's not that common. Next season will be a team lead by the 2016 and 2017 guys, and hopefully many of the 2018 kids will be ready to really step in and have a big impact. For example, we landed some straight ballers in the secondary last class who didn't have a chance to do much this season due to all our vets there. This will be their year. 2019 will catch up to us, unfortunately, but in thinking this out, sure, even with our issues there is a decent chance we have a better year than 2018 (which I know isn't a very high bar) and make it to Charlotte next season.

Advertisement
I know people gonna roast me for saying this - but I do believe we have the talent on the roster as constructed to win 10 games next year. Here are my reasons:

1. N'Kosi will be a far better QB than he has shown. He no longer has to worry about being pulled. He can play free. Add another 10-15 lbs to his frame and he will get stronger.
2. Lorenzo Lingard is an absolute beast. He will show out once he is healthy. Cam Davis showed how good he can be. DJ Dallas is more than capable. RB depth is a strength for us.
3. Mark Pope, Hightower, Ezzard, Harley, Butter Fingers Wiggins - along with Payton will be a perform to a higher standard.
4. Brevin is an All-America candidate in terms of skill set. Mallory is a perfect compliment.
5. O-Line play cannot get worse - I believe improvement here is expected. Players have more experience and been through the S&C program multiple years. Results will prove that.
6. The defense will see minimal dropoff in my opinion. We signed some dawgs last cycle and they got valuable experience this year. Next year, they will show out.
7. The Coastal is weak. Yes - i know it was weak this year also - but, based on the points above, we will win the type of games we lost this year.

I may be a glass half full type of guy - but, all is not doom and gloom. It may not be ideal right now, but things will improve. We have multiple reasons to think that. Just saying.
Here's why we won't: we don't win games we should.

I have a question for the Patke and Banda bashers. First I don't know what they'll be. I also would have liked them to bring someone in but I understand the hire. They could be solid, great, or terrible. I'll reserve my judgement until i see the product on the field. But my question is if you guys think Diaz is a defensive god how come you have ZERO confidence in two dudes who were hand picked by him to be on his staff?

Manny Diaz is overrated. I stated the same when he was hired. Manny is an average defensive coordinator. Every time we played an offense with a pulse, the defense was shredded.

Banda and Patke are inexperienced minions. We will pay for Richt's lazy higher.

Pros: schedule will be just as weak as last year. O-Line will improve. RB stable is legit. Brevin Jordan. Perry with an entire offseason to get ready. Cons: We lose 3/4 of our all-country defensive backfield. Losing Willis and probably JJ. Richt. Lil Jon. Searles. 2 Co-DC that we have no idea about. I think we go 7-5 again

Advertisement
Back