We are a legitimate playoff contender

Advertisement
Lots of ball left, but I don’t think any team out there is going to be real excited about playing Miami with TVD playing behind this OL and a deep stable of RB’s. And, Arroyo hasn’t played yet. It’s an extremely tough matchup for anybody.

college gameday had 4 sleeping giants on the screen and said which ones are real which ones are fake.

they said texas and FSU were real and Miami / penn state need to show more

Texas and FSU both came out sleepwalking (sign of mentally weak team) against lesser opponents and Miami and Penn State both covered. I think Penn State isn't as good as others say but it's hilarious that everyone on set was so certain about texas and FSU and herbie even said, the old Texas would come out the following week after a win like this against bama and struggle... and then Texas is tied 10-10 against Wyoming in the 4th quarter lmao

Advertisement
Yup, and if Mesidor is out for the year, that might honestly be worth half a win. We don’t have anybody who can step in and do what he does. Besides Kam, he was the best player on the team last season. Of course we’ll never find out how actually hurt he is, because we’d have to shutter the program if they announced he hurt his foot, but if he’s out for a long time, that absolutely caps the ceiling of the defense, imo. And we’re only 25% of the way through the season and have only played 1 real team.

So yeah, if he’s only got a 2-3 week injury and we stay miraculously injury free, this team might make some serious noise. But the odds are very long on that. I just want to head to Chapel Hill at 5-0. No more injuries the next 2 games, win by a few scores in each, and stay healthy. If we don’t lose any other starters the next 2 games and win both, at UNC is going to be an absolutely gigantic game for us.
From what I heard it didnt look good.. at all..

If we win the Coastal I know I'd be happy
If we win the ACC I know I'd be shocked
If we make the playoffs I know I'd be hallucinating.

IMHO 9-3 is our ceiling this season, If TVD stays next year, then maybe we can talk playoffs.

Miami is not a playoff contender. The lesson that this year has taught us is the climb back doesn't seem as steep as it looked previously.
We are 100% a fringe contender this year just based on this being a somewhat freakishly down year. We need injury luck and maybe a bounce or two, but the door is cracked open for us in a way it normally would not be.

Stay healthy, keep scoring points, and let Guidry with the best athletes he's ever coached transcend into the smoke n mirrors our opponents have reliably been able to use against us in the past.

If we win the Coastal I know I'd be happy
If we win the ACC I know I'd be shocked
If we make the playoffs I know I'd be hallucinating.

IMHO 9-3 is our ceiling this season, If TVD stays next year, then maybe we can talk playoffs.
There is no Coastal, but that didn't kill the Chaos, it merely unleashed it on every one else. Three losses very well put you in a tie breaker for the title, and two probably gives you anywhere from another shot at FSU to a revenge game against Duke. 3 losses as a ceiling in a down year like this is just battered cane syndrome.

Advertisement
I’m on the baseball board a lot during the season. Those guys are not like the football guys. Most of the posters there know the sport and have played or coached. This football board is 10% jock and 90% jock sniffer. That’s why we get these crazy predictions and ****
That's probably true across the board comparing baseball to football, not just college or Canes.

Still a big premature thought but one some of the fan base can get excited about. We need to only focus on Temple. It’s our first road game and we need to come out focused and with physicality.
Hopefully a good way to get their feet wet on the road.

This team is much better than that 2017 squad, where Malik freaking Rosier had us undefeated & ranked #2 in the nation going into the last regular season game at Pitt. If we'd have taken care of business in Pittsburgh and won the ACCCG, we'd have certainly been in the CFP, and this is at a time when Bama, UGA & Clemson were dominant.

If that 2017 team got that close, nobody who knows what they're looking at would seriously think we don't have a shot at making the final 4 this year.

I guarantee you Mario is thinking playoffs this year.

My sentiments, exactly 💯

Advertisement
Miami is not a playoff contender. The lesson that this year has taught us is the climb back doesn't seem as steep as it looked previously.
The fact that you're telling us what this year has taught us BEFORE the season is even over with is CRAZY 🤣

Small sure steps…
1ppp.gif

I know the first thing that will come to mind is that this is an overreaction or it's too soon. That's fine and understandable. I bet games every week and watch as many as I can. Nobody on our schedule looks better than we have so far. The FSU team that played in Boston college today will get stomped. Yeah, they had a bad game, but they're not close to what they're being built up to be. They beat an overrated LSU team after a strong finish last season and got way too much credit in the rankings.

It's not just our remaining schedule that has me thinking this way. We are elite at quarterback, offensive line, and coaching. Plenty of teams have won it all with just a strong combo of those three...with less talented and weaker defenses than what we are currently fielding.

The perennial powers aren't looking nearly as strong as they have for the last 10 years. I think we have the best combination of quarterback, OL and scheme...and our defense is nothing to be laughed at and will keep getting better as we get healthier.

I expect a lot of negative feedback for this and could really care less. 25% of the season in, I can confidently say that we have turned the corner and can beat anybody in the country.
Just can’t help ourselves. Like clockwork.

Advertisement
In my opinion, we are not a playoff team this year, but we are probably 'the team that gives playoff teams ulcers the night before gameday'.

Which means we are a 10-25 team. Which is fine by me. In recent years, we've acted like a paper tiger in top 25 matchups.

I just want our program to be dreaded and respected again.

Advertisement
Back