We are a legitimate playoff contender

SinCityCane

Recruit
I know the first thing that will come to mind is that this is an overreaction or it's too soon. That's fine and understandable. I bet games every week and watch as many as I can. Nobody on our schedule looks better than we have so far. The FSU team that played in Boston college today will get stomped. Yeah, they had a bad game, but they're not close to what they're being built up to be. They beat an overrated LSU team after a strong finish last season and got way too much credit in the rankings.

It's not just our remaining schedule that has me thinking this way. We are elite at quarterback, offensive line, and coaching. Plenty of teams have won it all with just a strong combo of those three...with less talented and weaker defenses than what we are currently fielding.

The perennial powers aren't looking nearly as strong as they have for the last 10 years. I think we have the best combination of quarterback, OL and scheme...and our defense is nothing to be laughed at and will keep getting better as we get healthier.

I expect a lot of negative feedback for this and could really care less. 25% of the season in, I can confidently say that we have turned the corner and can beat anybody in the country.

Advertisement
Advertisement
A lot of teams are going to challenge us. The takeaway this week isn’t that we are gods the rest of the teams are weak it’s that middle tier teams are talented so watch out. Most people are counting our wins before UNC already

Advertisement
IMG_0774.gif

I need to see more…much more.

Advertisement
We are still a long ways away. But this may be the one year where there isn't a clear favorite to run away with it.

Advertisement
We've made huge steps compared to last year, but I think we're a few classes away still from being a legit contender. We still don't have the depth when we get late in to the season IMO. That said, there isn't a game on our schedule that isn't winnable. But running the table is hard, and you need to have depth to be able to do that and we're still in a place where there's a big dropoff from the starters to the second and third teams as we saw against Bethune

Advertisement
Back