We are a legitimate playoff contender

I know the first thing that will come to mind is that this is an overreaction or it's too soon. That's fine and understandable. I bet games every week and watch as many as I can. Nobody on our schedule looks better than we have so far. The FSU team that played in Boston college today will get stomped. Yeah, they had a bad game, but they're not close to what they're being built up to be. They beat an overrated LSU team after a strong finish last season and got way too much credit in the rankings.

It's not just our remaining schedule that has me thinking this way. We are elite at quarterback, offensive line, and coaching. Plenty of teams have won it all with just a strong combo of those three...with less talented and weaker defenses than what we are currently fielding.

The perennial powers aren't looking nearly as strong as they have for the last 10 years. I think we have the best combination of quarterback, OL and scheme...and our defense is nothing to be laughed at and will keep getting better as we get healthier.

I expect a lot of negative feedback for this and could really care less. 25% of the season in, I can confidently say that we have turned the corner and can beat anybody in the country.

We have all the ingredients and are trending in the right direction, but the teams standing at the end will keep getting better each week.

It sounds like coach-speak, but []__[] have to keep working to improve each day and respect the game every weekend.

Just gotta keep our head down and work our hardest to be prepared every week; each opponent presents higher stakes and a new set of challenges, but anything is possible.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Michigan, USC, Texas, Washington, and ND all have a tremendous opportunity to go very far this year. Hopefully as the season goes on we can maybe join the party. But I'm only thinking 1 game at a time. Let's win our first road game vs Temple, get healthier on the bye before ACC play then turn it up another notch.

The traditional powers look beatable, and it looks like Tyler's recovered from the worst OC in program history - so I understand the sentiment. Why not? Cue Al Michaels...😂

al recording GIF

Advertisement
I know the first thing that will come to mind is that this is an overreaction or it's too soon. That's fine and understandable. I bet games every week and watch as many as I can. Nobody on our schedule looks better than we have so far. The FSU team that played in Boston college today will get stomped. Yeah, they had a bad game, but they're not close to what they're being built up to be. They beat an overrated LSU team after a strong finish last season and got way too much credit in the rankings.

It's not just our remaining schedule that has me thinking this way. We are elite at quarterback, offensive line, and coaching. Plenty of teams have won it all with just a strong combo of those three...with less talented and weaker defenses than what we are currently fielding.

The perennial powers aren't looking nearly as strong as they have for the last 10 years. I think we have the best combination of quarterback, OL and scheme...and our defense is nothing to be laughed at and will keep getting better as we get healthier.

I expect a lot of negative feedback for this and could really care less. 25% of the season in, I can confidently say that we have turned the corner and can beat anybody in the country.
We would need to stay injury free

others go downhill in back ups. Currently we go off a cliff

Advertisement
Let's beat Temple first.
Boom, Let me say it again,.. BABY ***KING STEPS. We are what we will be. But, only if we plan, scheme, work hard, do your job. Every week , Every Game, Everyone does their Job. Everyone relax and enjoy the ride. Well,.. not relax, but enjoy. Go Canes🙌🏽#CANESNATIONLIFER

Well let’s see what happens October 21st with Clemson, its 178-30 in favor of Clemson the last 4 meetings

Advertisement
This thread is def getting posted on the FSU and UF boards. We need to do better as a board.

You’re talking playoffs and we’ve played one real team who in reality might suck. It’s way too early for this.

Think before you post please…

Eddie Murphy Stop GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back