We are a legitimate playoff contender

I know the first thing that will come to mind is that this is an overreaction or it's too soon. That's fine and understandable. I bet games every week and watch as many as I can. Nobody on our schedule looks better than we have so far. The FSU team that played in Boston college today will get stomped. Yeah, they had a bad game, but they're not close to what they're being built up to be. They beat an overrated LSU team after a strong finish last season and got way too much credit in the rankings.

It's not just our remaining schedule that has me thinking this way. We are elite at quarterback, offensive line, and coaching. Plenty of teams have won it all with just a strong combo of those three...with less talented and weaker defenses than what we are currently fielding.

The perennial powers aren't looking nearly as strong as they have for the last 10 years. I think we have the best combination of quarterback, OL and scheme...and our defense is nothing to be laughed at and will keep getting better as we get healthier.

I expect a lot of negative feedback for this and could really care less. 25% of the season in, I can confidently say that we have turned the corner and can beat anybody in the country.
I need to see a lot more before I think Miami can contend for the title. How does the team do against UNC, Clemson, and FSU. Second this team has to get the injured D line guys back. I do feel the team could be in the hunt for the ACC champ game. This season does look wide open for the natty.

Advertisement
I just don't know with our depth right now. There isn't a great pass rusher on defense we can count on when we need a play on that side of the ball. Take care of business in Philly and then move onto the next week.

I am comparing Mario’s second year at Oregon to his second year here.

In 2019, Mario lost two games on the way to a Rose Bowl win. They beat three ranked teams including two in the top 10.

They lost the opening game by less than a touchdown to an Auburn team stocked with draft picks and defense anchored by the freakish Derrick Brown. This is the same defense that was the only team to hold LSU’s historic offense to under 30 and almost got the upset.

A&M compares well to this team and is improved. They were more talented on paper and have a **** good quarterback. Mario spanked a talented SEC team early in the season as opposed to losing like at Oregon.

Looking at this, I believe our best games will be against our best opponents and we will blow at least one of them out like Mario did 5th ranked Utah.

What concerns me is that random *** game they lost to Arizona State.
The X factor is Dawson is better than Arroyo. I see us having a season at least as good as that 2019 Oregon campaigned. I think we are better than every team on our schedule but can’t bring myself to predict an undeafeated season prior to the playoffs. It could happen though. We are a good team with a stud quarterback and aggressive defense. We COULD run the table, especially with what I have seen from the coordinators. It is more likely we lose focus and drop one we shouldn’t

Best safety duo in the country
Best overall secondary in the country
Best Linebacker group in the country
Best overall front 7 in the country

Best Oline in the country
Best WR group in the country
Best RB group in the country
Best QB in the country

Best DC in the country
Best OC in the country
Best HC in the COUNTRY!!!

15-0 !!!! :rickflair2: :stormwarningflag-sm:

Best QB in the country

Best DC in the country
Best OC in the country

Got to earn that user name.

Advertisement
I just don't know with our depth right now. There isn't a great pass rusher on defense we can count on when we need a play on that side of the ball. Take care of business in Philly and then move onto the next week.

I think the front four will continue to improve. A couple guys should emerge.

This is what has a chance to bite us against playoff teams. Could end up in some shootouts with some serious offenses if we made the CFP.

Best QB in the country

Best DC in the country
Best OC in the country

I know you're trying to be the funny guy, and I guess I can't blame you after the shìtshow we've seen around here for the last 20 years. But you won't be laughing in a few weeks.

I can tell you without blinking that we have one of the best QBs, one of the best OLs, one of the best safety duos, and one of the best OCs in the country...on top of a talented and diverse running back room, playmakers at WR, and an aggressive defense. T[BGCOLOR=initial]hat's a winning formula, especially when they're all playing with a chip on their shoulders and nobody on our schedule looks dominant.[/BGCOLOR]

[BGCOLOR=initial]Anyways, thanks for the receipt 😉[/BGCOLOR]

I know you're trying to be the funny guy, and I guess I can't blame you after the shìtshow we've seen around here for the last 20 years. But you won't be laughing in a few weeks.

I can tell you without blinking that we have one of the best QBs, one of the best OLs, one of the best safety duos, and one of the best OCs in the country...on top of a talented and diverse running back room, playmakers at WR, and an aggressive defense. T[BGCOLOR=initial]hat's a winning formula, especially when they're all playing with a chip on their shoulders and nobody on our schedule looks dominant.[/BGCOLOR]

I was being serious but ur welcome 😈

Advertisement

You got my boy Krazy mixed up!

I am comparing Mario’s second year at Oregon to his second year here.

In 2019, Mario lost two games on the way to a Rose Bowl win. They beat three ranked teams including two in the top 10.

They lost the opening game by less than a touchdown to an Auburn team stocked with draft picks and defense anchored by the freakish Derrick Brown. This is the same defense that was the only team to hold LSU’s historic offense to under 30 and almost got the upset.

A&M compares well to this team and is improved. They were more talented on paper and have a **** good quarterback. Mario spanked a talented SEC team early in the season as opposed to losing like at Oregon.

Looking at this, I believe our best games will be against our best opponents and we will blow at least one of them out like Mario did 5th ranked Utah.

What concerns me is that random *** game they lost to Arizona State.
The X factor is Dawson is better than Arroyo. I see us having a season at least as good as that 2019 Oregon campaigned. I think we are better than every team on our schedule but can’t bring myself to predict an undeafeated season prior to the playoffs. It could happen though. We are a good team with a stud quarterback and aggressive defense. We COULD run the table, especially with what I have seen from the coordinators. It is more likely we lose focus and drop one we shouldn’t
Solid post!

I predicted 10 wins this year even if it took us the bowl game to get there. If we knock out 10 or even 11 wins in the regular season, I almost don't care what happens in the post season because Mario will be crushing everyone in recruiting. There will be no reasonable argument out there to stop him from stacking bluechips. If we win at least 10 this year, our recruiting class in 2025 will almost be a slam dunk top 5 class, if not top3.

If we (not saying this is happening!) win something crazy like 12 games this year, I wouldn't be surprised if he pulled off a top 5 class this season.

"Everyone" wanted Miami to re-merge because CFB is better when Miami is good... if we win 11 or 12 games this year, by next year, we will be a permanent fixture as one of the top teams. That "Everyone" crowd will soon remember that they actually hate us - which is exactly where we want to be,

Last parting thought... because of a stacked QB class, NIL and the possibility of being a playoff team next year.... don't be overly surprised if TVD comes back for one more year.

I’m holding off on that. At the very least Gotta see how we come out vs GA tech, then what this Oline does against UNCs front 7. But if our oline is gonna play like this & we are relatively healthy ..prognosticators might have been a year early on Miami. Could genuinely be in for a big jump

I know the first thing that will come to mind is that this is an overreaction or it's too soon. That's fine and understandable. I bet games every week and watch as many as I can. Nobody on our schedule looks better than we have so far. The FSU team that played in Boston college today will get stomped. Yeah, they had a bad game, but they're not close to what they're being built up to be. They beat an overrated LSU team after a strong finish last season and got way too much credit in the rankings.

It's not just our remaining schedule that has me thinking this way. We are elite at quarterback, offensive line, and coaching. Plenty of teams have won it all with just a strong combo of those three...with less talented and weaker defenses than what we are currently fielding.

The perennial powers aren't looking nearly as strong as they have for the last 10 years. I think we have the best combination of quarterback, OL and scheme...and our defense is nothing to be laughed at and will keep getting better as we get healthier.

I expect a lot of negative feedback for this and could really care less. 25% of the season in, I can confidently say that we have turned the corner and can beat anybody in the country.
Beat pUNC and Clemple and we're ******'

lose to either one of those, we're still in rebuild mode and it won't matter to me which meaningless bowl game we play with half the roster opting out to go early to the NFL combine only to not get drafted and play in the XFL for the rest of their careers.

Advertisement
Ga Tech quietly has the 14th ranked offense in the country. That game is not going to be the cake walk people think.
Louisville, Ole Miss & South Carolina State. Not exactly Steel Curtain material. Also lost by 25 to Rebels. If we can't win convincingly, this thread shouldn't exist.

Louisville, Ole Miss & South Carolina State. Not exactly Steel Curtain material. Also lost by 25 to Rebels. If we can't win convincingly, this thread shouldn't exist.
Our defense is banged up a little bit. I haven't looked it up, but Louisville and Ole Miss shouldn't have a terrible defenses. It's a trap game Miami can't look past. Same story every year.

Advertisement
Injuries will tell the story
Agree, but you know, with how we got devastated with injuries last year, we’re due for a good year. Law of averages say that shouldn’t happened to us again. If our first teamer’s and main, depth guys stay healthy this year, there ain’t no reason we can’t be like TCU last year. I’m not trying to get ahead of myself and we’ll see how it goes but I’m feeling pretty confident so far about this year. And for some people on here, saying the Texas A&M is going to go 7-5, I think those people are out of their mind. Because I think Texas A&M can actually win the SEC west this year.

dont think we have the depth to run through the year unbeaten (look at our DL), but i think if we can get healthy and have a good luck health year, we have a shot at the playoffs. our offense is that good. still early though and we havent hit conference play yet so a lot of football to be played.

Well it is an odd numbered year lol but nah we don’t have the depth on D, the Deen & Mesidor injuries are real killers
Yeah, but those injuries aren’t serious and those guys will be back for ACC play after the bye week.

Advertisement
Back