Watson Vs. Kaaya

I have a hard time believing half of the people on this board actually watch the games.

This board has some of the dumbest fans I swear... Want to make definitive statements like that but don't even mention the advantages of the supporting cast around Watson. Go figure

Advertisement
I think Brad will be a better pro QB. If you go back and really watch the Clemson game, you will see Brad quit. That's the only problem I have with Kaaya. He definitely has the potential to be great but I just don't know if he has the mentality to totally dominate. If Richt can bring out the killer instinct, we can get back to Canes football.

He got knocked out of the game by a sack on a 2 vs 5 man pass rush.... How he quit lol?

Like I said, go back and look at his demeanor on the sideline. He did not WANT to go back and therein lies the problem.
When he gives an Ed Reed speech, goes out there and puts his foot on the throat of his opponent, then I'll crown him. I agree with the general general sentiment in this thread and it's OK to be skeptical until the results are in.
Kaaya has to give rah rah movie speeches to be great? Like Ryan Clement used to do? No one was more fiery than he was.

That's actually very funny for those who remember. You're right; there's different kinds of leaders and he could be a quiet assassin. I'm not hating on BK man, I want the guy to be the greatest Canes QB of all time and he could get there statistically. What will help Kaaya the most, in every conceivable category, is real coaches and a real f'n defense. It's just been too long and I really want to see this kid (and team) go from good to great. I'm trying be positive but the recent history has scarred me. At the end of the day it's still a Canes thing, F@%k Watson and everybody else... GO CANES

Personally I don't get the 'mockers' with Watson or Kaaya 1-2 rank in whatever order pleases you...next draft right now there is tenfold better NFL prospect players than either...I love my Hurricanes, but Brad has cement shoes and I just don't see it...can it be fixed, hopefully but he has no business being a 1-2 pickups of right now...Its not a projected good year for qbs...if pro size is your basis eeeew

Do you think Jared Goff is a better prospect?

Just asking, not trying to argue.

Yes I do think Goff is better, more athletic....I do think Kaaya can be a rd1 pick, just more likely in 2018 vs 2017

Advertisement
I think Kaaya projects better to the NFL being a pocket qb. Watson has and will continue to put up better stats in college. I don't know how well his game fits into the NFL. He reminds me of RG3 and it hasn't gone very well for him so far. Kaaya has more of a Peyton Manning resemblance physically, but needs to grow the mental side of his game.

Matt Miller named Kaaya his 8th best player on his board, and his most-NFL ready QB

Matt Miller's Early 2017 NFL Draft Big Board | Bleacher Report
He had Hackenberg and Cardale Jones as his top 2 QBs in his early 2016 mock.

Not exactly a glowing endorsement for the Kaaya slurpers.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

The poor chick should stick to posting recruiting offers or other things on that forum. I'll give his due there, he's pretty decent at the copy and paste thing from other sites. I'm just surprised someone has that much time to go to the trouble.

When it comes to anything else, he's the equivalent of a secretary at an athletic department who thinks she knows everything just because she works in the office.

He nailed it this year on Artie Burns. I've said since last year he had a chance at the first round and this hack talked about some scout friend, a coach in the biz, how Bush's film wasn't helping him. Never saw it coming and then bam, Burns is a first rounder. Back to shuffling papers for him I guess.

When Brad is a top 5-10 pick, will you guys admit you were wrong or make up some BS excuse as to why it happened? Never seen a fan base so passionate about proving everyone wrong about our QB(best one we've had in God knows how long) and leader of the team being a 1st round\high 1st round draft pick. It's baffling. All I can figure is they are the same ones criticizing him since day 1, so they are so dug in at this point, that they will do whatever it is to be proven correct. Once he's a high 1st round pick, the narrative will change to, well he will never go to the pro bowl or win a playoff game or some other nonsensical horse manure. Grown men on such a mission to win the internet, it's ridiculous. Just enjoy an elite level QB for as long as we have him.

Advertisement
When Brad is a top 5-10 pick, will you guys admit you were wrong or make up some BS excuse as to why it happened? Never seen a fan base so passionate about proving everyone wrong about our QB(best one we've had in God knows how long) and leader of the team being a 1st round\high 1st round draft pick. It's baffling. All I can figure is they are the same ones criticizing him since day 1, so they are so dug in at this point, that they will do whatever it is to be proven correct. Once he's a high 1st round pick, the narrative will change to, well he will never go to the pro bowl or win a playoff game or some other nonsensical horse manure. Grown men on such a mission to win the internet, it's ridiculous. Just enjoy an elite level QB for as long as we have him.

Nah, I'll give him credit for achieving that draft pick. It would mean he worked on his game and improved upon his current weaknesses. Him and the staff will get plenty of credit should it happen.

What he does at the next level, it wouldn't change my opinion of whatever at this level. Dorsey was great in college, didn't do much of anything besides stick in the league for some years and that doesn't change my opinion one but about how good I thought he was. You can be great in college and do nothing at the next level. It doesn't mean whomever was overrated or anything. I can't stand it when people try and use NFL success to try and say someone was better than another player in college even when most said so and so was clearly better.

Matt Miller named Kaaya his 8th best player on his board, and his most-NFL ready QB

The poor chick should stick to posting recruiting offers or other things on that forum. I'll give his due there, he's pretty decent at the copy and paste thing from other sites. I'm just surprised someone has that much time to go to the trouble.

When it comes to anything else, he's the equivalent of a secretary at an athletic department who thinks she knows everything just because she works in the office.

He nailed it this year on Artie Burns. I've said since last year he had a chance at the first round and this hack talked about some scout friend, a coach in the biz, how Bush's film wasn't helping him. Never saw it coming and then bam, Burns is a first rounder. Back to shuffling papers for him I guess.
......I put Artie Burns as a late first round pick-early second and said his tape was average. Not to mention my posted rankings were right on everyone but Rashawn Scott.

Maybe you should learn to read before you ******* run your mouth as well show some basic knowledge of football, you're just showing how retarted you are to everyone on this board but keep running your tough guy BS through comments on the internet. Maybe you should stick to not commenting until you read Football 101.

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/um-players-combine-projections/97696

Last edited:

......I put Artie Burns as a late first round pick-early second and said his tape was average. Not to mention my posted rankings were right on everyone but Rashawn Scott.

Maybe you should learn to read before you ******* run your mouth as well show some basic knowledge of football, you're just showing how retarted you are to everyone on this board but keep running your tough guy BS through comments on the internet. Maybe you should stick to not commenting until you read Football 101.

You're arguing football with a cast member from Glee.

Advertisement

Maybe you should learn to read before you ****ing run your mouth as well show some basic knowledge of football, you're just showing how retarted you are to everyone on this board but keep running your tough guy BS through comments on the internet. Maybe you should stick to not commenting until you read Football 101.

[MENTION=4841]The Franchise[/MENTION] you're right, probably should've never wasted my time

Maybe you should learn to read before you ****ing run your mouth as well show some basic knowledge of football, you're just showing how retarted you are to everyone on this board but keep running your tough guy BS through comments on the internet. Maybe you should stick to not commenting until you read Football 101.

[MENTION=4841]The Franchise[/MENTION] you're right, probably should've never wasted my time
This same guy had Brett Hundley as one of 2015s top picks. Guys Matt Miller says Kaaya is top five guys. See, we're right guys. Let me know when Kaaya does anything worth a **** on the field. Just because he's our best QB since Brock doesn't make him NFL material.

This same guy had Brett Hundley as one of 2015s top picks. Guys Matt Miller says Kaaya is top five guys. See, we're right guys. Let me know when Kaaya does anything worth a **** on the field. Just because he's our best QB since Brock doesn't make him NFL material.

He isnt the only writer saying this about kaaya, and what did goff do at cal? Didnt stop him from being the number one overall pick

Advertisement

He isnt the only writer saying this about kaaya, and what did goff do at cal? Didnt stop him from being the number one overall pick
Oh, you mean McShay, the same guy that had Hackenberg going #1 in his way too early '16 draft.

Perhaps you should find the thread where we had some back and forth about Burns. Nah, stick to this where you're riding the coattails of what I pointed out in my previous post. Good old copy and paste queen, better answer that call....you wouldn't want your bosses getting mad.

Perhaps you should find the thread where we had some back and forth about Burns. Nah, stick to this where you're riding the coattails of what I pointed out in my previous post. Good old copy and paste queen, better answer that call....you wouldn't want your bosses getting mad.
https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/artie-burns/97833/2

Post #27 ....when I said his tape was average poindexter

Last edited:
If we switched QB's and Kaaya played for Clemson, y'all would say he was better than Watson.

Clemson never makes the championship with Brad as their QB.

I disagree. Kaaya with two years of REAL coaching, and a loaded offense I think would have had just as much success as Watson last year.

Clemson loses 1-2 games last year w/ Kayaa as their QB due to the lack of running ability from the QB

Advertisement
Back