Watson Vs. Kaaya

Advertisement
Putting the coaches aside, when Kaaya played with all that NFL talent (Walford, Duke, & Dorsett) he had 50% more TD's in his Freshman year than last year...
The 3 of them accounted for 20 receiving TD's in 2014 Miami Hurricanes 2014 Statistics - Team and Player Stats - College Football - ESPN, no wonder Kaaya's numbers dropped off so much...
It'll be interesting to see what Kaaya will do this year, obviously Richt is an upgrade over the previous OC, than you have Mullins, Richards, & Bruce coming in and the Offensive Line will be that much more experienced than last year...
Going into the year the only negative is what will happen with Walton?

So your argument is that Kaaya would have led Clemson to the National Championship game last year just like Watson?

Kaaya has played with Ereck Flowers, Jon Feliciano, and Shane McDermott (3 current NFL OLineman). He has also played with Duke Johnson and 1st round receiver Phillip Dorsett. He also has Njoku, Herndon, and Coley to throw to this year. It's not like he has been starved with talent like 90% of the other schools out there. Yes......we already know that he had ****ty coaches.

So you're basing your argument off 2 years ago...when he was a freshmen?? Yea, you're right I'm wrong on this one

Comparing two totally different style QBs in two vastly disparate styles of offense is kinda foolish. Both guys are really good, and you could win a NC with either guy at the helm. Saban would kill a bytch for either guy.

I think Brad will be a better pro QB. If you go back and really watch the Clemson game, you will see Brad quit. That's the only problem I have with Kaaya. He definitely has the potential to be great but I just don't know if he has the mentality to totally dominate. If Richt can bring out the killer instinct, we can get back to Canes football.

He got knocked out of the game by a sack on a 2 vs 5 man pass rush.... How he quit lol?

Like I said, go back and look at his demeanor on the sideline. He did not WANT to go back and therein lies the problem.
When he gives an Ed Reed speech, goes out there and puts his foot on the throat of his opponent, then I'll crown him. I agree with the general general sentiment in this thread and it's OK to be skeptical until the results are in.
Kaaya has to give rah rah movie speeches to be great? Like Ryan Clement used to do? No one was more fiery than he was.

Putting the coaches aside, when Kaaya played with all that NFL talent (Walford, Duke, & Dorsett) he had 50% more TD's in his Freshman year than last year...
The 3 of them accounted for 20 receiving TD's in 2014 Miami Hurricanes 2014 Statistics - Team and Player Stats - College Football - ESPN, no wonder Kaaya's numbers dropped off so much...
It'll be interesting to see what Kaaya will do this year, obviously Richt is an upgrade over the previous OC, than you have Mullins, Richards, & Bruce coming in and the Offensive Line will be that much more experienced than last year...
Going into the year the only negative is what will happen with Walton?

So your argument is that Kaaya would have led Clemson to the National Championship game last year just like Watson?

Kaaya has played with Ereck Flowers, Jon Feliciano, and Shane McDermott (3 current NFL OLineman). He has also played with Duke Johnson and 1st round receiver Phillip Dorsett. He also has Njoku, Herndon, and Coley to throw to this year. It's not like he has been starved with talent like 90% of the other schools out there. Yes......we already know that he had ****ty coaches.

So you're basing your argument off 2 years ago...when he was a freshmen?? Yea, you're right I'm wrong on this one

Brad should have at least 25 tds last year, he threw Walton at least 3 tds that were called back from what I remember and coley had a td called back in the bowl game. Coley and golden also did not help either when you consider they didn't want to throw the ball in the endzone. Instead they opted to give it to the running backs and or settle for field goals..

Advertisement
Deshaun Watson is better than Brad Kaaya. He almost beat Alabama by hisself. Idk who will be better pros though too early to tell.

By hisself? So we going to act like clemsons dline, Wayne gallman, oline and receivers didn't make plays vs bama?

Their defense was non-existent they gave up big plays all game. Watson was the reason they scored 40. He was the best player on the field. It was obvious. He put on a Vince Young vs. USC performance.

I said defensive line... Which by the way had over 5 sacks and multiple tfls.

How many points did Clemson, with their defensive line, give up?

Deshaun Watson is better than Brad Kaaya. He almost beat Alabama by hisself. Idk who will be better pros though too early to tell.

By hisself? So we going to act like clemsons dline, Wayne gallman, oline and receivers didn't make plays vs bama?

Their defense was non-existent they gave up big plays all game. Watson was the reason they scored 40. He was the best player on the field. It was obvious. He put on a Vince Young vs. USC performance.

I said defensive line... Which by the way had over 5 sacks and multiple tfls.

How many points did Clemson, with their defensive line, give up?

Didn't realize their dline was responsible for covering oj Howard' bamas tight end who hasn't done anything notable in his career until that game because Clemson dbs decided not to cover him.

Should have? Now I know for a fact that you have gone off the deep end.

Just remember what the judge said. You have to stay at least 50 away from Kaaya.

:officemoon:

Last edited:
Advertisement
some of y'all are talking like watson has trash on the outside lol, watson has scott, cain, leggett, and mccloud lol, his team was loaded so for those to say that kaaya only did well because of his talent are a little over board, **** renfrow a walk on was making plays against 5 star DBs on that bama squad

kaaya has been hampered by bad coaching simple as that and even then he makes plays, both are great college QBs

some of y'all are talking like watson has trash on the outside lol, watson has scott, cain, leggett, and mccloud lol, his team was loaded so for those to say that kaaya only did well because of his talent are a little over board, **** renfrow a walk on was making plays against 5 star DBs on that bama squad

kaaya has been hampered by bad coaching simple as that and even then he makes plays, both are great college QBs

And Mike Williams, you know the top rated receiver in the country

I think Brad will be a better pro QB. If you go back and really watch the Clemson game, you will see Brad quit. That's the only problem I have with Kaaya. He definitely has the potential to be great but I just don't know if he has the mentality to totally dominate. If Richt can bring out the killer instinct, we can get back to Canes football.

He got knocked out of the game by a sack on a 2 vs 5 man pass rush.... How he quit lol?

Like I said, go back and look at his demeanor on the sideline. He did not WANT to go back and therein lies the problem.
When he gives an Ed Reed speech, goes out there and puts his foot on the throat of his opponent, then I'll crown him. I agree with the general general sentiment in this thread and it's OK to be skeptical until the results are in.

he probably didn't know where he was at the time after getting hit and yet you can tell what he wanted or not wanted OK

Advertisement

if i remember correctly he got hurt after the first game, even without him those 4 i listed are ballers

if i remember correctly he got hurt after the first game, even without him those 4 i listed are ballers

In watsons freshman year he had Williams and he was a baller then

go look at the link I put up, Miller has him #1

Advertisement

exactly watson has always had playmakers on the outside so the argument that kaaya only did well his freshman year because he had dorsett and walford are dumb when watson has had waaaaay more talent to throw to

The most telling statistic you left out: Kaaya has been coached by a bunch of idiots and Watson has not. The end.

Watson
YearClassGame'sCompletionAttemptPercentageYardsY/ATdIntRate
2014Fr.89313767.9146610.7142188.6
2015So.1533349167.841098.43513156.3

Kaaya
YearClassGamesCompletionsAttemptsPercentageYardsY/ATdIntRate
2014Fr.1322137858.531988.52612145.9
2015So.1223838961.232388.3165142.1

The 2015 numbers are somewhat similar except for the difference in TD's & Int's

They both averaged roughly 32 passes per game, and the Y/A are almost identical

What separates the 2 QB's is Watson's ability to run with the ball

exactly watson has always had playmakers on the outside so the argument that kaaya only did well his freshman year because he had dorsett and walford are dumb when watson has had waaaaay more talent to throw to
not to mention he plays in a spread offense, a whole concept based on scoring as many points as possible, as quickly as possible

not to mention he plays in a spread offense, a whole concept based on scoring as many points as possible, as quickly as possible

we ran more spread too but we had a idiot running it

Advertisement
Back