Kaaya
YearClassGamesCompletionsAttemptsPercentageYardsY/ATdIntRate
2014Fr.1322137858.531988.52612145.9
2015So.1223838961.232388.3165142.1

The 2015 numbers are somewhat similar except for the difference in TD's & Int's

They both averaged roughly 32 passes per game, and the Y/A are almost identical

What separates the 2 QB's is Watson's ability to run with the ball

Advertisement
You have to account for the skill around the players, as well as the type of offense

What separates them is one knows how to play in a pro style offense and make the right reads before the ball is snapped. The other is a great "system" QB in college which rarely translates to the league.

Ill take the pro style qb all day.

Kaaya should have had like at least 25 tds this year if not for flags on td plays and golden and coley being scared to call passing plays in the endzone when you had a top 10 qb in the nation last year. He also missed pretty much 2 games as well

What separates them is one knows how to play in a pro style offense and make the right reads before the ball is snapped. The other is a great "system" QB in college which rarely translates to the league.

Ill take the pro style qb all day.
The only defactor is Marcus Mariota, only because you have to make reads in Oregon's offense. Hence his early success...it's alot easier to teach 3, 5, and 7 foot drops then to teach somebody how to read a defense.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Watson had 19 more td's last year. Kayla need to get that number up
Nate Sudfeld had 27, 8 less than Watson...I don't think 8 more touchdowns mean he would've been drafted any higher

I think both will be fine at the next level assuming they go to places that fit what they do to their skill set. Watson shredded Alabama's vaunted secondary to the tune of 405 yards through the air. I think he reads defenses just fine. If he had just one more stop on D he probably leads them, quite literally, to the championship as he lead them in rushing as well. Being able to run with the ball doesn't mean you can't read defenses. Watson strikes me as a very smart player. I think he'll be more like Russell Wilson than say RG3.

Advertisement
One plays in National Championship games, the other has core values.

One plays with an NFL offensive line in front of him and has one of the best Defensive Coordinators in CFB coaching the other side. The other has an O-line that's more comparable to a herd of hippos last year and a head coach who couldn't stop talking about pillars

Last edited:
X-Box Coley would have made Watson's stats worse, without a doubt. Just like Kaaya's would have been better at Clemson, even if they had to change their O for him.
You have to account for the skill around the players, as well as the type of offense

I get that people are enamored w/ Watson, the athleticism, the comp. %, the wins, etc. but I think Kaaya will be a better pro. I'm very curious to see how Richt helps him w/ his comp. %.

So your argument is that Kaaya would have led Clemson to the National Championship game last year just like Watson?

Kaaya has played with Ereck Flowers, Jon Feliciano, and Shane McDermott (3 current NFL OLineman). He has also played with Duke Johnson and 1st round receiver Phillip Dorsett. He also has Njoku, Herndon, and Coley to throw to this year. It's not like he has been starved with talent like 90% of the other schools out there. Yes......we already know that he had ****** coaches.

Advertisement
So your argument is that Kaaya would have led Clemson to the National Championship game last year just like Watson?

Kaaya has played with Ereck Flowers, Jon Feliciano, and Shane McDermott (3 current NFL OLineman). He has also played with Duke Johnson and 1st round receiver Phillip Dorsett. He also has Njoku, Herndon, and Coley to throw to this year. It's not like he has been starved with talent like 90% of the other schools out there. Yes......we already know that he had ****ty coaches.

So you're basing your argument off 2 years ago...when he was a freshmen?? Yea, you're right I'm wrong on this one

Kaaya is a good prospect, although not near perfect, but when some of your offensive linemen are taking a knee after the snap, like they did when his cerebral cortex was dissected against Clemson - you have to take that into consideration

Advertisement
Never once saw Watson getting swamped because his linemen missed assignments...Thought several times Kaaya was going to be helped off the field because linemen missing assignments.

Watson will be trash in the NFL however takes him will soon realize u can't draft QBs that play that style of offense with one read throws. Just because he's athletic and can move and has an arm

Advertisement
Back