Watson officially request trade

The Patriots people should know that the "Patriot Way" stuff doesn't get you anywhere without the stud QB under center.
The Dolphins find the thought of giving the Texans their picks back laughable. They won't get into a bidding war.

Advertisement
I’m a Fins fan!! Without mortgaging our entire draft capital we have to do what we need to go get him!

It's not even a question.

You call Houston and ask them what they want and you make it happen.

You trade Tua AND the first two first rounders if you have to.

Then they deserve to lose to the Bills and Jets for the next decade.
LOL. Watson led a team to 4 wins while having his best year and leading the league in passing yards. Why would the Jets be guaranteed to beat them because Watson is on the team? The Jets are almost as badly run as the Texans

As a Pats fan, I would give up any player/pick Houston wants. I'd throw pick 15, Gilmore, next years first and not bat an eyelash. Should be able to get it done with 2 first and a player now that it's out there that Watson is officially requesting a trade. Takes away a little leverage from Houston.

Advertisement
LOL. Watson led a team to 4 wins while having his best year and leading the league in passing yards. Why would the Jets be guaranteed to beat them because Watson is on the team? The Jets are almost as badly run as the Texans

In three seasons as a starter, Watson has played in as many playoff games as the Dolphins have played in 20 years.

It is almost impossible to overpay for a 25-year-old QB like Watson.

QBs like this don't come on the market. This trade sets you up for a decade plus. If he goes to the Jets, the Dolphins have failed.
I dont think he wants to go to the jets. I think he's trying to avoid certain owners. I think Miami, Denver, and San Fran will be the teams.

Leverage is a thing. Watson has a no trade clause and can determine the market and how big the bidding war gets. The Fins giving the Texans everything they want would be dumb.
Passing on a generational Top 5 Qb would be dumb.

Texans have their price for Watson. Fins should be willing to meet it.

Advertisement
Passing on a generational Top 5 Qb would be dumb.

Texans have their price for Watson. Fins should be willing to meet it.
The Dolphins had a price and thats why they wound up with 2 firsts and a second for Tunsil because the Texans gave in. A trade that was one-sided in the Fins favor. You don't offer everything when the market is full of teams who don't have the capital and the player can decide where he wants to go

At first, I didn't want to give up all of our first rds.... But FVCK THAT! Do what you can to get a QB talent like Watson!

In three seasons as a starter, Watson has played in as many playoff games as the Dolphins have played in 20 years.
And this year the Dolphins had a journeyman and rookie win 10 games while Watson won 4 games. He has proven that he can be great and the team still stinks. No one in Houston believes he wants to play for the Jets anyway. Deshuan is aware of Woody Johnson's ****. That Salguero report has been roundly dismissed here.

At first, I didn't want to give up all of our first rds.... But FVCK THAT! Do what you can to get a QB talent like Watson!
I'm starting to lean that way, but passing on Devonta Smith would be difficult. Maybe the # 18 and a second round?

Advertisement
I'm starting to lean that way, but passing on Devonta Smith would be difficult. Maybe the # 18 and a second round?
That's exactly the same deal I was hoping can be made. BUT now I'm sure we'll have to throw in that extra first rdr. I'm okay with it now. Smith is great but there will always be talented WRs. Like every yr! Can't say the same with QBs.

The Dolphins had a price and thats why they wound up with 2 firsts and a second for Tunsil because the Texans gave in. A trade that was one-sided in the Fins favor. You don't offer everything when the market is full of teams who don't have the capital and the player can decide where he wants to go
Tua plus 2 firsts isn't everything. Theres an entire draft after the first round. And there's one next year. And then the year after. Plus free agency.

For Watson, Fins should even be willing to give up a first next year if it is necessary to secure his services.

Get it done.

No one in Houston believes he wants to play for the Jets anyway. That Salguero report has been roundly dismissed here.
Good. You are confusing two concepts. Obviously, you play the game and give up the least necessary to get the deal done. Nobody disagrees with that. But you better get the deal done. We are too well-positioned, and the opportunity is too rare.

What value has Drew Brees represented for the Saints the past 15 years? That is the kind of impact Watson can have on this franchise. It's incalculable.

Advertisement
Tua plus 2 firsts isn't everything. Theres an entire draft after the first round. And there's one next year. And then the year after. Plus free agency.

For Watson, Fins should even be willing to give up a first next year if it is necessary to secure his services.

Get it done.
They're not willing. If the Dolphins get him it will because they absolutely robbed the Texans

Imagine being naive enough to think there won't be a massive bidding war and a historic price paid to land Watson. Dolphins need to hope that the Texans don't have a strong preference between QB 2/3 in this class.

Dolphins need to hope that the Texans don't have a strong preference between QB 2/3 in this class.
This is my concern. Hopefully, the stuff about Houston not liking Tua is negotiating BS. There were a ton of rumors last year about the Pats (and Casero) loving Tua.

If they do like him, it's a great fit. Tua gets to play in a dome at home, plus a division with another dome team and a warm-weather team. He fits the religious culture McNair seem to be trying to build. They can trade down from #3 and load up on help to surround him. Plus he's cheap and helps them with cap issues.

Advertisement
Back