Watson officially request trade

Advertisement
I think the phins would have to give up at least their round 1 picks to get him. Worth it?

Advertisement
This is going to be a huge trade. Whomever he goes to is going to give up 1st round picks for at least 3-5 years.

Advertisement
If it requires all our 1st and 2nd rounders next 2 years then no.

Still a lot of holes on the roster (OL, WR, EDGE, S) and we’ll have no top picks or cap room to sign players after acquiring DW4

I believe texans made a political hire to try and keep Watson and he still wants out. Texans the new browns

Lol that guy is canned next year bro.

He's black, and I give the Texans credit for helping change things.

But that was a horrible last ditch effort lol.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The Jets will be at the bottom of his list. He isn't looking to go to a rebuild job. The Dolphins have far too many former Patriots in that front office. They won't give up the godfather package. They'll make the Texans come to them and be more than ok to move forward with Tua. They're not gonna go chasing

The Dolphins have far too many former Patriots in that front office. They won't give up the godfather package.
The Patriots people should know that the "Patriot Way" stuff doesn't get you anywhere without the stud QB under center.

We haven't had a franchise QB since Marino. Unless Flores and Grier are 110% Tua will become that guy, I think you gotta seriously entertain it if nothing else. JaMarr Chase nor Devonta Smith get us to that next level if we don't have anyone who can get them the ball consistently.

Complicating matters are that he's favoring a division rival if we don't go get him, and his effect on the salary cap. If the Jets manage to land him you're facing Josh Allen and Watson twice a year for the next 10+.

I'm a huge proponent of building through the draft, but Watson is a known commodity and checks off a box we've been failing at for 20 years. Tough spot for the Phins. They already passed on Herbert who looks like he'll be playing in LA for the next 10-15 years, and the ghost of passing on Drew Brees still haunts the franchise. It's gonna cost that #3 overall one way or another, so any hope of holding onto it and landing Watson are futile. Interesting to see how it plays out.

Advertisement
Back