Watching the Bama and Georgia game and am sick to my stomach.....

Advertisement
I love the over simplification of things.

Just get competent coaches...do you even know who Bama’s OC is?

Steve Sarkisian does that name ring a bell?

Yeah the same guy who got fired from USC and fired (or was asked to leave and forget my number) by the Atlanta Falcons...

It’s amazing how competent he is now that he has a roster filled with 5* and 4* players.

And how is Jeremy Pruitt doing with Tennessee.. he was a guru with Bama’s players and now he’s getting blown out by the likes of Kentucky.

Bottom line is this...there is no short cut to success.

We need to win with the flawed players we have currently and get to 9-10 wins a year every year.

That “social proof” with a few key recruting wins can put us over the hump.

We aren’t going to out bag Bama/OSU/Clemson/UGa but for the kids that will listen to Mom and stay close to home we will be a better choice than we have been for the last 15 years.
Agreeing with a lot of what you're saying in here but I do think that a relatively sober Cutty Sark is a high quality college offensive mind. Pruitt on the other hand is as much of a grade A corch fraud as he is a raging jagoff *****. Love seeing him fail miserably as we will when the wheels come off with Curby too.

Miami recruited the DBs, the RBs and WRs And several others from Florida, but didn’t win those recruiting battles with Georgia and Alabama. I even recall Richt tried to recruit Mac Jones from Jacksonville (he visited the games as a recruit with his dad), but ended up at Bama and the rest is history.

I don’t think we are prepared to play Alabama, Georgia or Clemson with our current roster, but with those players on our roster, I think we could beat them all. Coley, who had the Florida recruiting connection, left Georgia for Texas A&M.

The Canes have some true ballers on the 2021 recruiting commit list. If the Canes run the table and win out this season, they will win most the recruiting battles with Georgia and Alabama in 2021, and that will be a great start to moving the Canes back into national relevancy again.

We slaughtered FSU who just beat unc.
we dismantled Louisville who took ND to the 4th qtr.
we held sunshine to 20 points in the 1st half at home while perpetually shooting ourselves in the foot.
Not at Bama level yet but getting there. Fck the sellouts who didn’t believe. I’m sick and tired as well. But we have to stop dwelling in the what if’s. I’ve done it plenty and the kids from down here know what would happen if all those dudes stayed. They want to sell themselves so be it. Not judging cause I’m not in that spot. But the results of all of them staying is pretty much unquestionable and anyone that doesn’t agree isn’t a true fan imo.
I’m a true fan, have been for 5 decades and had the pleasure of being around some of our greatest teams. We are no where near Bama as a football team and football program. We are a mid level power 5 team and program that is flawed in many ways starting with the AD and staff and if you disagree you may want to look at the results of the last several years. If you look at or 22 starters, who starts for Bama? Clemson? Ohio State? I’ve seen great teams, my Cuginas played QB here, won NCs, those teams were the product of great staffs, great players and great leaders who knew what it took to win at a high level. We need more than chains and rings, we need a FOOTBALL PROGRAM and right now we are not close to the elite squads in the country and that is an opinion of many much more knowledgeable than anyone in CIS. You don’t win college football games with smoke and mirrors. Gotta call them as I see them but I admire your passion. I’ll wait for results.

I watch a ton of SEC football living in SEC country and oddly enough both sides are correct.

1) You're crazy if you wouldn't take guys like Campbell

2) Campbell's career up to this point for a number of reasons has not went the way that was expected.

Heading into this season, it was stated this was a really important season for him. From battling injuries to struggling at CB to moving to star I think rattler would verify that the road for Campbell hasn't been smooth and that this is the year they were hoping for things to come together.

Advertisement
I watch a ton of SEC football living in SEC country and oddly enough both sides are correct.

1) You're crazy if you wouldn't take guys like Campbell

2) Campbell's career up to this point for a number of reasons has not went the way that was expected.

Heading into this season, it was stated this was a really important season for him. From battling injuries to struggling at CB to moving to star I think rattler would verify that the road for Campbell hasn't been smooth and that this is the year they were hoping for things to come together.

This. I know TC has been disappointing given his hype out of HS and his elite ability but he is still a **** good CB and would be our 1a CB here.

Shaking my head at D.Washington. Dude would have gotten developed here under Fields. UGA, where TE dreams go to die.

Cause I'm sure you watch every Georgia game.

Would you like to revisit this conversation come draft time?

Only counterpoint some could argue abt draft is some get drafted on measurables. Campbell has the size and speed teams covet. I’ll just say this campbell looks better walking on to the field than he actually plays on it. Ask uga fans that watch their games abt campbell and see their reaction lol

Advertisement
That’s hilarious. Georgia is basically at a slightly better version of the Richt era. $, top talent, top coaches and still the same result - a top 5-10 team that “can’t win the big games”.
You mean slightly worse

You mean slightly worse
True, I misread that. Hard to imagine that somehow Richt’s consistency can’t be recreated by a supposedly better coach. Smart being 3 games worse is borderline fireable if firing Richt from Georgia is still defendable. Smart has arguably more resources.

If we finish this season winning out and then play Clemson closer in the Acc title game and win a bowl game we will start to get some of these guys. Just gotta stack good seasons and we will get our fair share.

Advertisement
Campbell being drafted over Blades also doesn’t have anything to do with actually playing better than him in college. That’s not how the draft works.

Advertisement
If we finish this season winning out and then play Clemson closer in the Acc title game and win a bowl game we will start to get some of these guys. Just gotta stack good seasons and we will get our fair share.
Exactly. This program consistently winning 9 or more games a season, and winning bowl games for multiple seasons can build a deeper and more talented program. It isn’t happening overnight. Even then they will lose a lot of recruiting battles to the top 5-10 teams but this program should get to the point of having real depth and expecting to win local recruiting battles.

im sick to my stomach that fans on this board are still obsessed we lost out on TC. he stayed getting cooked
jobe and rique did too
Part of that is UGA can't put pressure as they do vs real OLs. Those guys look good at times cause the front seven but no one can cover nowadays. It's a rare trait.

Advertisement
Back