Watching the Bama and Georgia game and am sick to my stomach.....

Rattler, anyone with a brain can see this team would be better off with Campbell on it.

That said, I don’t think you can criticize Couch or the true freshmen. Couch is coming along fine and the other two need time to see what we’ve got. I just want more of them, and want to keep the local top talent home.

Advertisement
Talk about hitting the nail on the head. For all of his struggles as a TF, he still started 11 games and had a helluva Cotton Bowl(although people focus on him getting beat for a 2 pt. conversion on a 50/50 ball by 6'6" wr who's cashing NFL checks as I type this). Somebody mentioned him getting roasted by Mizzou. Well the only time they played them, he scored his 1st td by whacking their TE(who also is cashing NFL checks as I type this), making him cough it up, scooped it & housed it.

Last year, he beat out DJ Daniel in fall camp and had one of the country's highest PFF ratings before getting turf-toe & subsequently Wally Pipped for 9 weeks. The butt-hurt are gonna fixate on the Waddle TD. That was a case of miscommunication that was created by the crossing action of the receivers when they released. Caught Georgia playing off so it worked(press could/would've disrupted the timing). Never mind the PBU against Metchie. Never mind the sticky coverage and 0 YAC on the couple of catches Smith made on him(and he bodyslammed his ***). Never mind the fact that none of Bama's other big plays were against him. Waddle play aside, he had a great ballgame and is having a great season.

Shut that Seth Williams **** down earlier. Palmer got him on a perfect throw last week but how did he respond? A couple of PBU's and a WWF-style suplex tackle of Palmer that gave him a head injury and ended his day early. I love Little Al, he's an exemplary Cane in his own right, part of a family legacy here, and will definitely play and play for a good while on Sundays. He's exempt in my eyes, because many of his faults would be cleaned up with better coaching. Call 'em turncoats, traitors or whatever but don't sit there and act like they're not NFL talents and wouldn't be a MASSIVE upgrade over anyone not wearing #21 or #7...

Its just sour grapes brah.

I love the over simplification of things.

Just get competent coaches...do you even know who Bama’s OC is?

Steve Sarkisian does that name ring a bell?

Yeah the same guy who got fired from USC and fired (or was asked to leave and forget my number) by the Atlanta Falcons...

It’s amazing how competent he is now that he has a roster filled with 5* and 4* players.

And how is Jeremy Pruitt doing with Tennessee.. he was a guru with Bama’s players and now he’s getting blown out by the likes of Kentucky.

Bottom line is this...there is no short cut to success.

We need to win with the flawed players we have currently and get to 9-10 wins a year every year.

That “social proof” with a few key recruting wins can put us over the hump.

We aren’t going to out bag Bama/OSU/Clemson/UGa but for the kids that will listen to Mom and stay close to home we will be a better choice than we have been for the last 15 years.
And we need a few special players, especially at QB, to put us in contention to pull out a few of those big wins against bag schools in the CFP.

Watched the game. No way anyone watched and said wow we missed on Campbell and Jobe. Those guys were getting cooked often. Surtain is an elite guy. Never really had a shot. But does anyone really think Campbell and Jobe would have been better had they come here? Those guys have turned out to not be misses.
They're better than anybody in our secondary. Stop it.

Rattler, anyone with a brain can see this team would be better off with Campbell on it.

That said, I don’t think you can criticize Couch or the true freshmen. Couch is coming along fine and the other two need time to see what we’ve got. I just want more of them, and want to keep the local top talent home.
People criticizing any corner back for getting toasted by Waddle or D. Smith is crazy.
Tc would make any of our receivers look like little boys if we played uga. And I’m one that’s criticized him for not being the man we thought he would be.
But again, if he was here he would probably be declaring and uga is gonna keep him for 4 years.

Advertisement

I didn't criticize the young bucks. I said in one of my posts that they'll be great for us with the right development. The Law Firm has all the physical tools to thrive. I'm more confident in that than the way they'll potentially be developed. And I feel the same way about us keeping the top talent home. Where I differ is I try not to devote much energy to the talent we missed, especially if no personal connections are involved. I'm for improving our DB room, worrying about dudes who aren't in it won't help...

I didn't criticize the young bucks. I said in one of my posts that they'll be great for us with the right development. The Law Firm has all the physical tools to thrive. I'm more confident in that than the way they'll potentially be developed. And I feel the same way about us keeping the top talent home. Where I differ is I try not to devote much energy to the talent we missed, especially if no personal connections are involved. I'm for improving our DB room, worrying about dudes who aren't in it won't help...
YEA I DONT GET IT. COUCH HAD A GOOD GAME AND THERE PEOPLE WORRYING ABOUT TYSON GETTING BEAT WEEK TO WEEK.

I see the same thing coming down the pike with Earl Little Jr as well.

YEA I DONT GET IT. COUCH HAD A GOOD GAME AND THERE PEOPLE WORRYING ABOUT TYSON GETTING BEAT WEEK TO WEEK.

I see the same thing coming down the pike with Earl Little Jr as well.
Exactly bruh. What we need to concern ourselves with is what Manny & Co. are gonna do about adding more talented bodies with the youngins we have & coaching em up. Nothing is more important than that.

Advertisement
I’m sick to my stomach watching how Alabama has real receivers, compared to the **** we got
I promise you this... Alabama makes receivers have that body of work. I told my friend last night... had Deonta Smith or Jerry Jeudy come to Miami, you’d probably still saying the same thing. But on the flip side, had Harley gone to WVU or Pope been at Alabama... you’d be wondering why Miami passed on them. Winning programs just breed better out of their talent. Simple as that.

nah Tyson Campbell not better than Al Blades... not even close. The only thing he has over Blades is speed but he gets beat all the time. Let me know when he gets his first career Interception.

They're better than anybody in our secondary. Stop it.

Not even close.. Bolden is better than everybody in UGas and Bamas secondary. Al Blades is better than TC, and Frierson is better than Stevenson. They would make us a better team but Bolden, Blades, and Frierson starting even with them on it.

Advertisement
I promise you this... Alabama makes receivers have that body of work. I told my friend last night... had Deonta Smith or Jerry Jeudy come to Miami, you’d probably still saying the same thing. But on the flip side, had Harley gone to WVU or Pope been at Alabama... you’d be wondering why Miami passed on them. Winning programs just breed better out of their talent. Simple as that.
I have to agree

Yeah, I thought you had in your first post, then I read your other posts where you clarified what you meant and were not down on them. Sorry to misunderstand. We agree.

The only reason we're talking about this is because our own CB room is flawed. For example, that Weaver kid who is plays DE for Pitt is really good. But no one is talking about DEs who didn't come to Miami because our DE position group is super talented.

So, really, this is another Rumph thread. If Rumph would just get a couple more guys who were as good as Blades and Couch, the drama over Campbell and Stevenson can finally end.

To be honest I’d rather take a bette coached kid from south Florida than the super athletes who can’t figure out who to do the many different coverages that modern defenses run.

jobs and Campbell would be bullies if they ran man all game. our players would be better too. HS players in S Fla are so behind in terms of coaching that it’s really showing IMO.

if I’m diaz I’d change my system to fit that by committing to run a man scheme most of the game. There would be growing pains and as a coach u have to Not be tempted to try to artificially create stops via schemes and blitzes. But in the long run you can build a really really nasty defense that way.

id rather my players working on their craft as opposed to the different choreography and reads and assignments. I think that’s why defense across the sport stinks now.

Advertisement
I’m looking at Alabama offense with envy! There is creativity there! I saw some good stuff today but we still leave a ton to be desired!
It helps to have an NFL line, a 1st RD RB, 2 1st RD WRs plus a QB who can complete a pass beyond 10yds

Not even close.. Bolden is better than everybody in UGas and Bamas secondary. Al Blades is better than TC, and Frierson is better than Stevenson. They would make us a better team but Bolden, Blades, and Frierson starting even with them on it.
It's close between surtain and bolden! But i agree with everything else.

Advertisement
Back