Watching the Bama and Georgia game and am sick to my stomach.....

TC is better than anything we have at CB right now.

I watch Blades get beat every game but everybody on here loves him.
Yall are more critical of the kids who spurned us, and that's a fact.
Facts u always bring them.......hometown and hurt feelings are what fuqs with most of this fan base. They can't see str8

Advertisement
I watch a ton of SEC football living in SEC country and oddly enough both sides are correct.

1) You're crazy if you wouldn't take guys like Campbell

2) Campbell's career up to this point for a number of reasons has not went the way that was expected.

Heading into this season, it was stated this was a really important season for him. From battling injuries to struggling at CB to moving to star I think rattler would verify that the road for Campbell hasn't been smooth and that this is the year they were hoping for things to come together.
Talk about hitting the nail on the head. For all of his struggles as a TF, he still started 11 games and had a helluva Cotton Bowl(although people focus on him getting beat for a 2 pt. conversion on a 50/50 ball by 6'6" wr who's cashing NFL checks as I type this). Somebody mentioned him getting roasted by Mizzou. Well the only time they played them, he scored his 1st td by whacking their TE(who also is cashing NFL checks as I type this), making him cough it up, scooped it & housed it.

Last year, he beat out DJ Daniel in fall camp and had one of the country's highest PFF ratings before getting turf-toe & subsequently Wally Pipped for 9 weeks. The butt-hurt are gonna fixate on the Waddle TD. That was a case of miscommunication that was created by the crossing action of the receivers when they released. Caught Georgia playing off so it worked(press could/would've disrupted the timing). Never mind the PBU against Metchie. Never mind the sticky coverage and 0 YAC on the couple of catches Smith made on him(and he bodyslammed his ***). Never mind the fact that none of Bama's other big plays were against him. Waddle play aside, he had a great ballgame and is having a great season.

Shut that Seth Williams **** down earlier. Palmer got him on a perfect throw last week but how did he respond? A couple of PBU's and a WWF-style suplex tackle of Palmer that gave him a head injury and ended his day early. I love Little Al, he's an exemplary Cane in his own right, part of a family legacy here, and will definitely play and play for a good while on Sundays. He's exempt in my eyes, because many of his faults would be cleaned up with better coaching. Call 'em turncoats, traitors or whatever but don't sit there and act like they're not NFL talents and wouldn't be a MASSIVE upgrade over anyone not wearing #21 or #7...

Last edited:
It helps when you have their OL. Their OC could call a play that takes 10 seconds and it would probably work out.
Okay man!!!we have the talent to not be 35 point worse than clemson!!! We have talent on our team nope we don’t habe alabama or Georgia line, but we have almost first tier talent on that line!!

Watched the game. No way anyone watched and said wow we missed on Campbell and Jobe. Those guys were getting cooked often. Surtain is an elite guy. Never really had a shot. But does anyone really think Campbell and Jobe would have been better had they come here? Those guys have turned out to not be misses.

Advertisement
Watched the game. No way anyone watched and said wow we missed on Campbell and Jobe. Those guys were getting cooked often. Surtain is an elite guy. Never really had a shot. But does anyone really think Campbell and Jobe would have been better had they come here? Those guys have turned out to not be misses.
Yeah, D.J. "Gorilla Glue" Ivey and the cagey veteran Law Firm of Couch, Clarke & Dunson would've shut 'em down completely. Surtain didn't give up anything???? 🤡🤡🤡🤡

TC is better than anything we have at CB right now.

I watch Blades get beat every game but everybody on here loves him.
Yall are more critical of the kids who spurned us, and that's a fact.
So, are you accusing us of acting like Fans of the Miami Hurricanes by supporting our players and disparaging our opponents??? Heaven forbid!

Yeah, D.J. "Gorilla Glue" Ivey and the cagey veteran Law Firm of Couch, Clarke & Dunson would've shut 'em down completely. Surtain didn't give up anything???? 🤡🤡🤡🤡
Funny you’re making Law Firm jokes when you’re the boards Campbell Defense Team. I’m not gonna get into it. You clearly aren’t gonna be objective, being that TC is family. News flash: objective criticism is okay. I saw Campbell and Jobe both struggle. No where did I say anything about Ivey or anyone else being better. My point was that what I see from the guys we “missed” with the “elite SEC defensive coaching” doesn’t give me any sort of belief that they would’ve done better here than what we got. They all would’ve been what they are.

Maybe Surtain struggled. I didn’t see him struggle much but maybe you did. I’m just commenting on what I did see.

Advertisement
I’m a true fan, have been for 5 decades and had the pleasure of being around some of our greatest teams. We are no where near Bama as a football team and football program. We are a mid level power 5 team and program that is flawed in many ways starting with the AD and staff and if you disagree you may want to look at the results of the last several years. If you look at or 22 starters, who starts for Bama? Clemson? Ohio State? I’ve seen great teams, my Cuginas played QB here, won NCs, those teams were the product of great staffs, great players and great leaders who knew what it took to win at a high level. We need more than chains and rings, we need a FOOTBALL PROGRAM and right now we are not close to the elite squads in the country and that is an opinion of many much more knowledgeable than anyone in CIS. You don’t win college football games with smoke and mirrors. Gotta call them as I see them but I admire your passion. I’ll wait for results.
I agree with you. I’ve said this for a while some of Alabama or Ohio states second stringers would start on this team right away. They recruit guys that everyone Knows will be early picks even before they step foot n campus.

We keep talking about what separates the haves and the have nots and the biggest problem facing this program isn’t the coaching or the recruiting imo.
The biggest problem that this school has faced is the lack of player retention. This goes way back since Tommy Streeter.

Let’s just look at some of the things that have happened since the new staff got here with cmr.

AQM and grace kicked off.
Kayaa leaves early.
Richards injured
Rj and norton leave early
Njoku leaves early
Bandy leaves early
Garvin early
Rousseau early
Haskins transferred
Nigel bethel transferred
Derrick smith transferred
Ezzard Transfered
Hightower transferred
Lingard transferred
Cager transferred
Jackson left early
Not all evaluations can be spot on. Even Bama has the same problem at times.
But Xavier Williams at Bama hasn’t started one game but doesn’t transfer despite seeing everyone around him ball out while pope almost transferred last year “allegedly”. Xavier Thomas got passed up by a freshman and he ain’t transferring anywhere

Look at the elite programs now and you see hardly anyone leaving early even if they project day one.
If most of the dudes I just stated (and that’s just of the top of my head) stayed for their senior year it helps tremendously with depth, practice, and leadership.
How many more wins do have? Idk but a few more wins helps with momentum and then we can start recruiting better players.

Now add on top of that 3 different offensive systems and we have a recipe for disaster.

So yes we are behind the top 5-6 elite programs but retaining our juniors solves that problem quite a bit. We still need to get the elite talent. And improve evaluations especially for leadership and discipline issues.
But retaining the talent will hopefully lead to wins and then the talent will come.

Okay man!!!we have the talent to not be 35 point worse than clemson!!! We have talent on our team nope we don’t habe alabama or Georgia line, but we have almost first tier talent on that line!!
That’s a different point than what you originally discussed. But a large part of that is the OL and until we get it sorted (or developed because I do think the young OL talent is good), then we aren’t going to be close to Clemson.

Alabama and Georgia get very good players and so do we!! We dong get as many 5 stars However there players get coached the f up, both physically and mentally!!!Mark pope and Wiggins were 5 and 4 stars who could habe gone anywhere. Look at how weak they look. What I respect about the Alabama’s clemsons and Georgia’s of the world they will physically beat the crap out of you at the line of scrimmage, looking at last nights game look like they were always pressing each other. Again think about our game with Clemson, Dabo was trying to score with 10 seconds left with a 30 point lead, manny let’s the clock run out with 3 minutes left against a coach who continues to talk isht about him to the media!! There are som technical things their corners were doing last night, one can only dream that rumph would teach our guys, @macho do you not think rooster cam or Chaney can’t play at this top tier schools??

Funny you’re making Law Firm jokes when you’re the boards Campbell Defense Team. I’m not gonna get into it. You clearly aren’t gonna be objective, being that TC is family. News flash: objective criticism is okay. I saw Campbell and Jobe both struggle. No where did I say anything about Ivey or anyone else being better. My point was that what I see from the guys we “missed” with the “elite SEC defensive coaching” doesn’t give me any sort of belief that they would’ve done better here than what we got. They all would’ve been what they are.

Maybe Surtain struggled. I didn’t see him struggle much but maybe you did. I’m just commenting on what I did see.
Yeah I hear you. We're family but I know football, and I'm gonna defend him, but only when warranted. I haven't said a word about him on CIS in years when he's been raked over the coals but I'm the Campbell Defense Team. Okay. Never have I White Knighted for him and I've pretty much let yall say what yall want bout him since he faxed his LOI. News Flash: I'm okay with objective criticism. I'll be the first to admit that he's had his share of struggles. It happens. He made an error last night that costed his team 7 points. A split-second lapse in judgment for anyone against Waddle could produce similar results. And since we're talking objectivity, Waddle play aside, what did you see or anyone who reads this see for that matter, that says Ty "struggled"? If it doesn't happen, they still lose by 10, and what could you say then about his "awful" performance? No mention of Stokes, Jr. who is really good but really struggled last night. Of course we know why. While we're on objectivity, let's admit it, you ain't exactly Captain Objective with regards to this matter. You're a spurned fan. It's okay. I'm a spurned fan. A spurned fan who's gotta watch his blood do his thing for another school while he's more than needed at the only FBS program I've ever loved. Thing is I know(and not saying you don't) that the 5 stars didn't stop with Ty or any of those other guys we missed and would rather focus on getting our share of them instead of crying over spilled milk. Also, let the record show that I never said Little Pat "struggled", he played a helluva game. But balls were caught against him. It's a passing game, no shame in having a pass caught against you. As far as what we have, the Law Firm can be big-time for us if developed & coached properly. For one, whatever happened to turning your head around to make a play on the ball. That'll solve lots of our problems...

Last edited:
Advertisement
I can’t even watch those teams play at this point. Sickening

I can never make sense of this board. We are all supposedly fans of the Miami hurricanes and our corners have played well as of late. These “can’t miss” local guys with “ superior SEC coaching“ who were/are destined for the NFL weren’t locking things down. Somehow Hurricanes fans are expected to also be huge fans of guys local to Miami who left home to play elsewhere? What other college fan base cheers on and defends guys like that while also bashing the players they are “fans” of?

Jobe, etc... are still incredible athletes who can play well but the talent they are going to go up against isn’t going to get easier. These guys were hyped up to own whoever they went up against, no excuses.

If Ivey, Couch, Dunson, and Blades are such dog **** players and Rumph’s is such a bad coach how does anyone explain their play?

Agreeing with a lot of what you're saying in here but I do think that a relatively sober Cutty Sark is a high quality college offensive mind. Pruitt on the other hand is as much of a grade A corch fraud as he is a raging jagoff *****. Love seeing him fail miserably as we will when the wheels come off with Curby too.

Agreed! And I’m not saying Sark is a bad coach. But some of the members here drool over these guys and crown them as if we don’t have proof that coaching elite talent at Bama makes them look great.

Advertisement
Agreed! And I’m not saying Sark is a bad coach. But some of the members here drool over these guys and crown them as if we don’t have proof that coaching elite talent at Bama makes them look great.
Absolutely. The Sabag corching tree is actually fairly unimpressive. It's akin to the Belichick one in the NFL. The head dude/system makes those teams not some amalgamation of elite assistants destined for greatness elsewhere.

From Georgia on their performance:

It was never going to be easy for this group but I don't think anyone thought it would struggle the way it did. Let's start with the safety play, which was actually pretty good for most of the game. Lewis Cine gave up a 40-yard touchdown to John Metchie but that's a big-time mismatch. He also led the team in tackles with eight and was great near the line of scrimmage. Richard LeCounte III had five tackles, a tackle for loss, and his third interception of the year. The cornerbacks and STAR/nickel, however, struggled. Tyson Campbell, Eric Stokes, and Tyrique Stevenson all gave up touchdowns on the day. They were each flagged for penalties as well. Alabama had their way with the Bulldog secondary. Most expected the Crimson Tide to have success but not that much. It was an awful game for the Bulldog secondary when it came to playing the ball in the air. Grade: F

Yeah I hear you. We're family but I know football, and I'm gonna defend him, but only when warranted. I haven't said a word about him on CIS in years when he's been raked over the coals but I'm the Campbell Defense Team. Okay. Never have I White Knighted for him and I've pretty much let yall say what yall want bout him since he faxed his LOI. News Flash: I'm okay with objective criticism. I'll be the first to admit that he's had his share of struggles. It happens. He made an error last night that costed his team 7 points. A split-second lapse in judgment for anyone against Waddle could produce similar results. And since we're talking objectivity, Waddle play aside, what did you see or anyone who reads this see for that matter, that says Ty "struggled"? If it doesn't happen, they still lose by 10, and what could you say then about his "awful" performance? No mention of Stokes, Jr. who is really good but really struggled last night. Of course we know why. While we're on objectivity, let's admit it, you ain't exactly Captain Objective with regards to this matter. You're a spurned fan. It's okay. I'm a spurned fan. A spurned fan who's gotta watch his blood do his thing for another school while he's more than needed at the only FBS program I've ever loved. Thing is I know(and not saying you don't) that the 5 stars didn't stop with Ty or any of those other guys we missed and would rather focus on getting our share of them instead of crying over spilled milk. Also, let the record show that I never said Little Pat "struggled", he played a helluva game. But balls were caught against him. It's a passing game, no shame in having a pass caught against you. As far as what we have, the Law Firm can be big-time for us if developed & coached properly. For one, whatever happened to turning your head around to make a play on the ball. That'll solve lots of our problems...
Look man, I’m not a spurned fan with many guys. Tyson handled his like a man. Didn’t troll or lead anyone on, can’t be too upset unlike the Jobe and Henderson’s of the game. So it’s not a spurned fan thing. The thing is I watch these games and always lock in on the could’ve beens for Miami. D. Smith, Jobe, Surtain, TC and Stevenson all fall into that. I saw Tyson and Jobe of those dudes mentioned get beat or look unimpressive the most. Not too different than what I see with Ivey and Blades sometimes. But the thing is, TC and Jobe were always hyped up more than the guys we got. Went to the SEC to get “coached up” and quite frankly I heard their names called often for the wrong reason. I can’t sit here and list every play for you. Yeah Surtain had balls caught. But I didn’t see him get beat for big plays or even hear his name called often. You called me a clown for saying he didn’t struggle which implies to me that you thought he was just as bad as the other 2. Now you’re trying to “let the record show”. I didn’t tag you, reply to you, come after you. I just stated what I saw and that was enough to get you on my case so yeah it does seem like you’re TCs Defense Team on here. Not to mention you’ve gone after other posts too in just this thread. I wasn’t trashing the kid, not disrespecting or crossing the line. I just posted what I saw.

Advertisement
Back