Watching the Bama and Georgia game and am sick to my stomach.....

Only surtain is, you reaching macho! Our safeties are better then bamas!

I can only vouch for Bubba Bolden as far as safeties that are better than Bamas. Surtain at CB and Jordan Battle at safety would start alongside Blades and Bolden.

Advertisement
Lol Coach Macho cappin hard for TC

lol Tyson Campbell hasn’t done **** his entire cfb career aside from a couple fumble recoveries for TDs his first two seasons. Only thing he got on Blades is speed but that hasn’t kept him from getting exposed in **** near every game he’s played.

It helps to have an NFL line, a 1st RD RB, 2 1st RD WRs plus a QB who can complete a pass beyond 10yds
I hear you with that, they are being developmental as well and that’s a big part of it. When was the last time one of our 5 stars or high 4 stars left us a huge drafts pick. Greg R has been developed, but think he wasn’t starting until like game 6 because of some bull crap!! #coaching

I’m sick to my stomach watching how Alabama has real receivers, compared to the **** we got
Bro I'm less sick about that, but more sick seeing the GT or insert other random sucky team, that has a receiver or 2 that actually look the part and not the toothpicks we roll out every week.

Advertisement
We keep talking about what separates the haves and the have nots and the biggest problem facing this program isn’t the coaching or the recruiting imo.
The biggest problem that this school has faced is the lack of player retention. This goes way back since Tommy Streeter.
Look at the elite programs now and you see hardly anyone leaving early even if they project day one.
If most of the dudes I just stated (and that’s just of the top of my head) stayed for their senior year it helps tremendously with depth, practice, and leadership.
How many more wins do have? Idk but a few more wins helps with momentum and then we can start recruiting better players.
You're right, this is moreso a Miami problem than the top teams. We need players to stay as there's a notable dropoff in talent after them which can be attributed to coaching and recruiting. Them staying could help recruiting but you'd eventually have to ask why do all of our players have to stay four to five years for the team to be successful. That's on the coaches at the end of the day.

Bama, UGA, Clemson, OSU, etc. players are already in draft conversations by the time their JR year rolls around. Their coaches don't have much to worry about as they've already recruited their replacement(s)--see Ruggs and Jeudy leave, but Bama doesn't miss a beat with sophomore Metchie. Also, most players are gone if they get that 1st round grade; Lawerence and Etienne are outliers.

You're right, this is moreso a Miami problem than the top teams. We need players to stay as there's a notable dropoff in talent after them which can be attributed to coaching and recruiting. Them staying could help recruiting but you'd eventually have to ask why do all of our players have to stay four to five years for the team to be successful. That's on the coaches at the end of the day.

Bama, UGA, Clemson, OSU, etc. players are already in draft conversations by the time their JR year rolls around. Their coaches don't have much to worry about as they've already recruited their replacement(s)--see Ruggs and Jeudy leave, but Bama doesn't miss a beat with sophomore Metchie. Also, most players are gone if they get that 1st round grade; Lawerence and Etienne are outliers.
Alex leatherwood could’ve left. Their linebacker could’ve left. Sony and Chubb could’ve left.
Clemson had 3 dline players that were juniors that all had day one grades and they stayed.

To quote cmr “they must really like that slide”
it’s not the skill position players that I’m worried about as much as the trench bullies.
You don’t replace a dexter Lawrence. It’s not having an older stronger and smarter dexter Lawrence get replaced by a junior or sophomore. But it’s not so much the replacement part as getting and nfl starter playing in your line. Think R.J. McIntosh one more year or GW one more year. That’s asking a lot from a guard to stop. Clemson had 3 of them during their last chip.

We just got torched for 147 yards by a freshman Wr from Pitt.
Even a running back might be able to ball as a freshman but linemen and defensive ends are grown man football. Every once in a while there’s an exception like Murphy that Clemson has. Or that dude from a few years ago that played for Michigan Rashawn Gary.
**** that Bresee dude is gonna go round one too and Clemson might keep him his whole 4 years.

Yeah I hear you. We're family but I know football, and I'm gonna defend him, but only when warranted. I haven't said a word about him on CIS in years when he's been raked over the coals but I'm the Campbell Defense Team. Okay. Never have I White Knighted for him and I've pretty much let yall say what yall want bout him since he faxed his LOI. News Flash: I'm okay with objective criticism. I'll be the first to admit that he's had his share of struggles. It happens. He made an error last night that costed his team 7 points. A split-second lapse in judgment for anyone against Waddle could produce similar results. And since we're talking objectivity, Waddle play aside, what did you see or anyone who reads this see for that matter, that says Ty "struggled"? If it doesn't happen, they still lose by 10, and what could you say then about his "awful" performance? No mention of Stokes, Jr. who is really good but really struggled last night. Of course we know why. While we're on objectivity, let's admit it, you ain't exactly Captain Objective with regards to this matter. You're a spurned fan. It's okay. I'm a spurned fan. A spurned fan who's gotta watch his blood do his thing for another school while he's more than needed at the only FBS program I've ever loved. Thing is I know(and not saying you don't) that the 5 stars didn't stop with Ty or any of those other guys we missed and would rather focus on getting our share of them instead of crying over spilled milk. Also, let the record show that I never said Little Pat "struggled", he played a helluva game. But balls were caught against him. It's a passing game, no shame in having a pass caught against you. As far as what we have, the Law Firm can be big-time for us if developed & coached properly. For one, whatever happened to turning your head around to make a play on the ball. That'll solve lots of our problems...
Rattler it’s best you just don’t respond to these types. anyone with a brain knows that if Campbell was here he’d be a starter. Jobe maybe he’s behind al but that’s a maybe. Rique probably a safety maybe striker. Hard to say. All the mentioned guys are good players. Getting roasted by smith and waddle is a bad argument. Those are first rounders

Advertisement
Coach, I'm gonna be short because I'm breaking my rule to stay quiet when my family is mentioned on CIS but they really need to let that hurt go....

Yeah I don’t think so.

You expect a bunch of Miami fans to root for your turncoat nephew? **** that. If he blows out his ACL, I’m popping a bottle of champagne.

**** that kid. Go post on a Georgia message board.

Yeah I don’t think so.

You expect a bunch of Miami fans to root for your turncoat nephew? **** that. If he blows out his ACL, I’m popping a bottle of champagne.

**** that kid. Go post on a Georgia message board.
Good Morning to you too Sunshine. **** no, never asked or expected them to. And if some bull**** like that were to happen, what exactly would that do for the cluster**** that is our current CB situation? And I'm still waiting on one of you badasses to make me go post on a UGA message board...

Good Morning to you too Sunshine. **** no, never asked or expected them to. And if some bull**** like that were to happen, what exactly would that do for the cluster**** that is our current CB situation? And I'm still waiting on one of you badasses to make me go post on a UGA message board...

You're as welcome around here as Judas is welcome in a church. You and your whole family can take those Georgia bags and **** off.

There is no "our CB situation" because you're not a Cane. Canes put on for their city and Canes are a family.

Even if your ***** *** nephew does get drafted on measurables alone, he won't last in the league because he has no character. But he'll always be able to look back on his days repping the state of Georgia.

Advertisement
You're as welcome around here as Judas is welcome in a church. You and your whole family can take those Georgia bags and **** off.

There is no "our CB situation" because you're not a Cane. Canes put on for their city and Canes are a family.

Even if your ***** *** nephew does get drafted on measurables alone, he won't last in the league because he has no character. But he'll always be able to look back on his days repping the state of Georgia.
Perhaps he can get the Confederate battle flag, err, Georgia state flag tattooed on his chest to remind him of who bought him.

Perhaps he can get the Confederate battle flag, err, Georgia state flag tattooed on his chest to remind him of who bought him.

If you sell out for a Camaro and some gas money, then don't come back around here. You've shown your true colors. You have no love for your city so your city should have no love for you.

Because of how many players are from South Florida. We need the elite ones to stay home. I wish the announcers would announce where the players are from so the whole world would see. We know because we follow recruiting like maniacs. I know we can’t get them all but imagine if we could get at least 50% of the elite? I know I am stating the obvious and going to get some dumb ???? clicks from some people but I was just thinking how many players from these top 3 teams were from south Florida and was just dreaming big......View attachment 133868

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...inside-georgia-200-million-quest-take-alabama

Read this 2019 article about Georgia's $200M investment in football—and don't gloss over these two parts:

McGarity said the UGA athletics department was able to pay for the indoor facility and stadium renovation entirely with private donations. He's hoping to do the same with the Butts-Mehre Heritage Hall expansion; his department has already raised about $31 million in donations for the project.

According to McGarity, Georgia has also raised about $121 million through its Magill Society, which includes donors who have pledged at least $25,000 over a five-year period. He said there have been 1,050 new such donors added in the past year.

"That's allowed us to basically pay for these facilities through our donations," McGarity said. "We haven't had to take on any long-term debt. Fortunately, we haven't had to raise ticket prices or donation [requirements to buy tickets] to pay for these facilities. Right now, the model we have is allowing us to keep ticket prices as low as we can. That's been a key thing for these projects to move as quickly as they can. The donors have responded overwhelmingly to support what Kirby wants to do."

— AS WELL AS —

According to a recent USA Today Network study, the Bulldogs spent about $1.5 million more than any other public university in a Power 5 conference on recruiting during fiscal years 2016 to 2018. The report stated the Bulldogs spent more than $7 million during the three-year period, which was well ahead of the next closest schools, Alabama (about $5.6 million) and Tennessee (about $5 million).

Georgia's recruiting expenditures have more than quadrupled over the past five years, from about $581,531 under Richt in 2013 to about $2.63 million in 2018, according to the report.

Do our fans really think the Alabamas and Georgias of the world are arbitrarily rolling into South Florida and just getting lucky to land the talent—as if these kids aren't courted at the sport's highest level for years before making their decision?

Furthermore, do private school Miami fans really expect UM to compete at this recruiting level with such minimal investment dollars from alumni? Welcome to 2020 and the issue with being a small private university with 10K undergrads and a small alum base. When most of your fans didn't go to the school—you don't see the same financial investment you do from proud alum at big time football factory state schools.

Money talks—bullsh1t walks .... and the Tide, Dawgs and others will keep cherry-picking South Florida talent as they have the best sales pitch (including bag-dropping) in the biz.

Being frustrated over this, without acknowledging the facts, is wasted energy.

Advertisement
https://www.espn.com/college-footba...inside-georgia-200-million-quest-take-alabama

Read this 2019 article about Georgia's $200M investment in football—and don't gloss over these two parts:

McGarity said the UGA athletics department was able to pay for the indoor facility and stadium renovation entirely with private donations. He's hoping to do the same with the Butts-Mehre Heritage Hall expansion; his department has already raised about $31 million in donations for the project.

According to McGarity, Georgia has also raised about $121 million through its Magill Society, which includes donors who have pledged at least $25,000 over a five-year period. He said there have been 1,050 new such donors added in the past year.

"That's allowed us to basically pay for these facilities through our donations," McGarity said. "We haven't had to take on any long-term debt. Fortunately, we haven't had to raise ticket prices or donation [requirements to buy tickets] to pay for these facilities. Right now, the model we have is allowing us to keep ticket prices as low as we can. That's been a key thing for these projects to move as quickly as they can. The donors have responded overwhelmingly to support what Kirby wants to do."

— AS WELL AS —

According to a recent USA Today Network study, the Bulldogs spent about $1.5 million more than any other public university in a Power 5 conference on recruiting during fiscal years 2016 to 2018. The report stated the Bulldogs spent more than $7 million during the three-year period, which was well ahead of the next closest schools, Alabama (about $5.6 million) and Tennessee (about $5 million).

Georgia's recruiting expenditures have more than quadrupled over the past five years, from about $581,531 under Richt in 2013 to about $2.63 million in 2018, according to the report.

Do our fans really think the Alabamas and Georgias of the world are arbitrarily rolling into South Florida and just getting lucky to land the talent—as if these kids aren't courted at the sport's highest level for years before making their decision?

Furthermore, do private school Miami fans really expect UM to compete at this recruiting level with such minimal investment dollars from alumni? Welcome to 2020 and the issue with being a small private university with 10K undergrads and a small alum base. When most of your fans didn't go to the school—you don't see the same financial investment you do from proud alum at big time football factory state schools.

Money talks—bullsh1t walks .... and the Tide, Dawgs and others will keep cherry-picking South Florida talent as they have the best sales pitch (including bag-dropping) in the biz.

I think you, @Hoyacane1620 , and @TheOriginalCane have all posted at length about the breadth and depth of UGA money right now. Some people just like to act like every program is the same except the colors.

— AS WELL AS —

Agree. The most important part of this post was the part about bags.

As long as the SEC continues to drop bags, and as long as you have lowlifes like Tyson Campbell who are willing to sell out for the bags, we're gonna lose a lot of recruits we shouldn't be losing.

— AS WELL AS —

Throwing massive money around to get worse results than what Richt got them. Personally I love this.

We just need to hire competent coaches that play to win! Putting players in position to win, we are heading in the right direction, but we need more from them!
That's all we missing and that's why it's been a concerted effort by college football and the double agents running rampant at UM that started with troll shalala to destroy UM football, and keep real Miami caliber coaches away from UM. It's actually comical seeing guys tout a guy like saban, dabo and the likes as if they are the standard bearer's of coaches, they are similar to the leBron era fans that actually think it's legitimate to even have a conversation about Jordan when that man hasn't even surpassed, KOBE, Kareem or magic in reality with Jordan all you gotta do is start off with just these 4 points: 10 scoring titles, 9 first team all defense, defensive player of the year and 3 steals titles, WHO NEXT! But so it is with these two coaches, they are not on par with Miami caliber football, they have just been going up against a crop of weak *** headcoaches besides they bag game. But I'll say this, they ***** round and let mark stoops end up at Miami, that'll send saban into retirement, stoops is an Oklahoma boy, cut from that old skool coaching cloth, he'll probably end up being the best stoop! I'm sure he'll get tired of getting beat up in the s.e.c. but if he ends up at Miami or Oklahoma, look out!

Advertisement
Back