WATCH: Cade Weldon senior highlights

You do realize there are different routes? You do realize there are red zone passes? You do realize there are check downs?

I broke down Perry's entire Junior year highlight film. Keep in mind the majority of his short passes were in the red zone.

On every single pass Perry averaged over 17 yards in the air. Not RAC in the AIR.

His junior year has nothing to do with what I initially brought up as MY concern & clearly that's the case if I continue to bring up his lack of stats in his senior year. Far as the yards in the air all you said is competitions which certainly includes the rac as its until the reciever is tackled. As I've said,I DON'T KNOW HIS JUNIOR STATS & IT'S IRRELEVANT TO MY CONCERN. I look forward to him proving me wrong as I want all canes to maximize their talents. I just don't crown him as quick as everyone else seems to. Also not really sure why you bring up different routes etc as a route doesn't change a stat. A completion is still a completion regardless of how it was achieved. It's irrelevant if it's a screen or a go route so long as they both achieve 37 yards isn't it. Otherwise I simply don't see your point.

I can school you with his Senior tape as well.

He had 28 TD's his senior year. He had a 65% completion rate, a 130.5 QB rating and his team is 10-1.

Vanguard runs the ball 60% of the time. Perry didn't even play in the Lake Weir game and against Gainesville he went Passing 7-8 149 3TD's Rushing 6 rushes 29 yards 1 TD and was pulled. He's done at halftime.

Not sure what your exactly looking for.

5 Star Hunter Johnson has 25 TD's and 12 INTS. Perry is a 3 star

I'm looking for a quarterback who has displayed he's ready for the next level. I don't question him as a playmaker at all. I just don't need a playmaker to lead my offense. That's what the skill positions are for. I want a quarterback who stayshould off the turf & puts the ball in our playmakers hands while keeping it away from defenders.that's all. Simply a preference. I acknowledge Michael Vick was an elite playmaker but he was a horrible quarterback who half his teammates despised.

Did you not read my post? Look at the QB rating the completion % and he only had 4. INT's . What you are looking is Tom Brady.

Dude,seriously... This is simple math. You keep asking questions that you won't accept the answers to. HE HAD 1600 YARDS! That equals not throwing the ball much at all & short yardage when he does in all likelihood. Well just agree to disagree. I understand you like him as a qb. I just don't like his stats. Leaves way too many questions for me. Just a personal opinion that's all.

Advertisement
His junior year has nothing to do with what I initially brought up as MY concern & clearly that's the case if I continue to bring up his lack of stats in his senior year. Far as the yards in the air all you said is competitions which certainly includes the rac as its until the reciever is tackled. As I've said,I DON'T KNOW HIS JUNIOR STATS & IT'S IRRELEVANT TO MY CONCERN. I look forward to him proving me wrong as I want all canes to maximize their talents. I just don't crown him as quick as everyone else seems to. Also not really sure why you bring up different routes etc as a route doesn't change a stat. A completion is still a completion regardless of how it was achieved. It's irrelevant if it's a screen or a go route so long as they both achieve 37 yards isn't it. Otherwise I simply don't see your point.

He had 28 TD's his senior year. He had a 65% completion rate, a 130.5 QB rating and his team is 10-1.

Vanguard runs the ball 60% of the time. Perry didn't even play in the Lake Weir game and against Gainesville he went Passing 7-8 149 3TD's Rushing 6 rushes 29 yards 1 TD and was pulled. He's done at halftime.

I'm looking for a quarterback who has displayed he's ready for the next level. I don't question him as a playmaker at all. I just don't need a playmaker to lead my offense. That's what the skill positions are for. I want a quarterback who stayshould off the turf & puts the ball in our playmakers hands while keeping it away from defenders.that's all. Simply a preference. I acknowledge Michael Vick was an elite playmaker but he was a horrible quarterback who half his teammates despised.

Did you not read my post? Look at the QB rating the completion % and he only had 4. INT's . What you are looking is Tom Brady.

Dude,seriously... This is simple math. You keep asking questions that you won't accept the answers to. HE HAD 1600 YARDS! That equals not throwing the ball much at all & short yardage when he does in all likelihood. Well just agree to disagree. I understand you like him as a qb. I just don't like his stats. Leaves way too many questions for me. Just a personal opinion that's all.

He has 1778 yards. You can't even get the stats right. So what is the minimum amount of yards a recruit needs to be good? What's the cut off ?

I already schooled you with his TD's ,completion rate and QB rating now you are on yardage even though he played in what amounts to be about 7 games.

Tell me what a recruit needs to be considered good in your eyes. Yardage and TD's ? I'm waiting.

You are the one not listening Dee, he put up those numbers only playing the first half of games because of how efficient he was at leading his team to big first half leads. Basically he played so well in the first half of games that he only played in like two second halfs this season. If you were to adjust his numbers to if he played full games he would have ridiculous numbers 3000 plus yards, 50 plusTDs.

You are the one not listening Dee, he put up those numbers only playing the first half of games because of how efficient he was at leading his team to big first half leads. Basically he played so well in the first half of games that he only played in like two second halfs this season. If you were to adjust his numbers to if he played full games he would have ridiculous numbers 3000 plus yards, 50 plusTDs.

I'm listening perfectly well. Again I'm not trying to argue because we all have opinions. However numbers are facts & that's where yall ain't listening to MY concerns. The numbers posted was 1678 I'm not gonna debate a hundred yards or how many snaps etc. He doesn't have the stats for my liking that's all. His stats don't change just because he only played the first halFS. For me that shows a strong running game more than anything else. Heso not moving the ball up & down the field for all these accomplishments unless he only did it for 16 drives. Do yall understand now? It's all about numbers for me. I want to know my future qb can make all the throws and has the Stats to prove he's done it. That's all.

Advertisement

I'm listening perfectly well. Again I'm not trying to argue because we all have opinions. However numbers are facts & that's where yall ain't listening to MY concerns. The numbers posted was 1678 I'm not gonna debate a hundred yards or how many snaps etc. He doesn't have the stats for my liking that's all. His stats don't change just because he only played the first halFS. For me that shows a strong running game more than anything else. Heso not moving the ball up & down the field for all these accomplishments unless he only did it for 16 drives. Do yall understand now? It's all about numbers for me. I want to know my future qb can make all the throws and has the Stats to prove he's done it. That's all.

I already asked and I'll ask again. How many yards does a QB need to be good? You still can't answer.

I already asked and I'll ask again. How many yards does a QB need to be good? You still can't answer.

It's not a matter of yards. It's a matter of throws. Repetition, completions. Since he has a decent completion percentage yet not many yards yet again that means he's not throwing the ball much & for not many yards. I don't know why you continue to push this issue. Unless his stats change my opinion won't change so just drop it.

Advertisement

It's not a matter of yards. It's a matter of throws. Repetition, completions. Since he has a decent completion percentage yet not many yards yet again that means he's not throwing the ball much & for not many yards. I don't know why you continue to push this issue. Unless his stats change my opinion won't change so just drop it.

So now it's attempts? This is laughable at this point.

Lamar Jackson averaged 141yds per game his senior year.

Does that affect his stats in college?

Perry averages approx 10-16 177yds per game with 2.5 TD'a

That's 11yds pet attempt which is high. I believe Kaaya's career average is just over 8ypa.

He's also thrown for 56TD's and only 6 bit over the last 2 years.

I think both QB's are very talented and will give us great depth going forwards.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Cade had a lot more rushing yards than Perry over his career, and that's 2 years for Weldon and 3 for Perry. I didn't know that until I looked. He's the more mobile of the two. Very interesting.

We have a solid pool of competitive talent for the starting QB job next year. And he will have a veteran offense built around him whichever kid wins the job. May the best man win. And there's no reason we can't win with whoever it is. Look at the kid from USC tonight. A redshirt freshman having a better game than we have had out of a QB in a long long time. I would have liked to have Brad with his experience back, but having a mobile QB back there in 2017 isn't gonna hurt.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Any chance we can transfer Weldon's release into N'Kosi's skill set?

Advertisement
Back