WATCH: Cade Weldon senior highlights

View as article
I know what Pete said, but I've liked Weldon starting for some time now. And I'm a Perry fan boy.

Advertisement
Im interested to see what he can do in the spring. He has a big arm and is very mobile

Weldon has that c0ckstrong aura about him. You'd be a dopey cvnt to count a guy like him out. His release is bordering on elite, his arm is plus, good size, and I'm going to go out on a limb and say he'll run a faster 40 than Perry. People assume Perry is the more mobile guy due to certain moronic predilections.

Advertisement
Cade Weldon will become what Olsen was supposed to be.

The God Emperor of Miami.

He's handsome. and has banged all the hottest cheerleaders at his high school per my sources. He's the most envied at his school.

He will beat out Perry and will become the next Dorsey under Richt.

I am officially crowning Cade Weldon.

gawwwwwwww

Lol

Someone please copy/paste the article on rivals about Weldon getting the news on Kayaa going pro via group text from Richt

https://miami.rivals.com/news/weldon-with-kaaya-gone-i-have-strong-chance-to-prove-people-wrong-‬

****, that's a great freakin' tape. Kid makes all the throws and he can spin it! The ball just zips out of his hand. Good footwork too.

My favorite part of the tape though...

As he's going out of bounds a defender dove at his feet and could've hurt him. Weldon clearly says something to him about it. A QB with attitude. Love it.

I'm looking for a quarterback who has displayed he's ready for the next level. I don't question him as a playmaker at all. I just don't need a playmaker to lead my offense. That's what the skill positions are for. I want a quarterback who stayshould off the turf & puts the ball in our playmakers hands while keeping it away from defenders.that's all. Simply a preference. I acknowledge Michael Vick was an elite playmaker but he was a horrible quarterback who half his teammates despised.

Did you not read my post? Look at the QB rating the completion % and he only had 4. INT's . What you are looking is Tom Brady.

Dude,seriously... This is simple math. You keep asking questions that you won't accept the answers to. HE HAD 1600 YARDS! That equals not throwing the ball much at all & short yardage when he does in all likelihood. Well just agree to disagree. I understand you like him as a qb. I just don't like his stats. Leaves way too many questions for me. Just a personal opinion that's all.

You are the one not listening Dee, he put up those numbers only playing the first half of games because of how efficient he was at leading his team to big first half leads. Basically he played so well in the first half of games that he only played in like two second halfs this season. If you were to adjust his numbers to if he played full games he would have ridiculous numbers 3000 plus yards, 50 plusTDs.

I'm listening perfectly well. Again I'm not trying to argue because we all have opinions. However numbers are facts & that's where yall ain't listening to MY concerns. The numbers posted was 1678 I'm not gonna debate a hundred yards or how many snaps etc. He doesn't have the stats for my liking that's all. His stats don't change just because he only played the first halFS. For me that shows a strong running game more than anything else. Heso not moving the ball up & down the field for all these accomplishments unless he only did it for 16 drives. Do yall understand now? It's all about numbers for me. I want to know my future qb can make all the throws and has the Stats to prove he's done it. That's all.

Dude, if colleges recruited by stats then their rosters would look completely different.

I know a 6'1" QB that threw for 3,400 yards and 26 TD's last season (as a senior in high school). Would you want him at Miami? He plays at Lehigh right now.

Same thing applies for other positions. If you want stat warriors then be prepared to recruit guys that aren't physically up to standards. The best high school players don't always translate to college and vice versa.

Advertisement
Watching both tapes, id personally go with Weldon. Has the look to him. Hopefully what Pete said about already crowning perry is not true

Did you not read my post? Look at the QB rating the completion % and he only had 4. INT's . What you are looking is Tom Brady.

Dude,seriously... This is simple math. You keep asking questions that you won't accept the answers to. HE HAD 1600 YARDS! That equals not throwing the ball much at all & short yardage when he does in all likelihood. Well just agree to disagree. I understand you like him as a qb. I just don't like his stats. Leaves way too many questions for me. Just a personal opinion that's all.

You are the one not listening Dee, he put up those numbers only playing the first half of games because of how efficient he was at leading his team to big first half leads. Basically he played so well in the first half of games that he only played in like two second halfs this season. If you were to adjust his numbers to if he played full games he would have ridiculous numbers 3000 plus yards, 50 plusTDs.

I'm listening perfectly well. Again I'm not trying to argue because we all have opinions. However numbers are facts & that's where yall ain't listening to MY concerns. The numbers posted was 1678 I'm not gonna debate a hundred yards or how many snaps etc. He doesn't have the stats for my liking that's all. His stats don't change just because he only played the first halFS. For me that shows a strong running game more than anything else. Heso not moving the ball up & down the field for all these accomplishments unless he only did it for 16 drives. Do yall understand now? It's all about numbers for me. I want to know my future qb can make all the throws and has the Stats to prove he's done it. That's all.

Dude, if colleges recruited by stats then their rosters would look completely different.

I know a 6'1" QB that threw for 3,400 yards and 26 TD's last season (as a senior in high school). Would you want him at Miami? He plays at Lehigh right now.

Same thing applies for other positions. If you want stat warriors then be prepared to recruit guys that aren't physically up to standards. The best high school players don't always translate to college and vice versa.

Macho this is the problem with jumping in to conversations if you didn't see the whole thing. The point in that conversation had nothing to do with the quality or not of the player. It was all about having highlights to show. I understand well enough about the differences in players etc. This had nothing to do with that. Thanks though. By the way since we're on this thread we may be better off with Perry starting cause dink & dunk might be a better look for this offense.especially if the line isn't where we need it.

You have to think that Weldon has at least a chance. QB is such a crapshoot. Which is why I´m very happy that we´re bringing in two.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Cade Weldon will become what Olsen was supposed to be.

The God Emperor of Miami.

He's handsome. and has banged all the hottest cheerleaders at his high school per my sources. He's the most envied at his school.

He will beat out Perry and will become the next Dorsey under Richt.

I am officially crowning Cade Weldon.

gawwwwwwww

Lol, Weldon aint messing around. Would not be shocked at all if he's the leader coming out of Spring ball.

I can't believe the coaching staff has a definitive front-runner to win the job if it's not one of the players on campus. And if they do, I can't see them holding to that position really strongly until they see how both incoming freshman respond in prcactice. It's just too nuanced a position to project performance that easily. Both of these kids are athletic, and look to have some of that "it" factor you want in a QB. Now, I would believe that they may have offered Perry first crack at the starting gig when Brad left just to help get him on campus, but IMHO I can't see that job not being out there for the best player to seize. And Cade's tape looks better than I think he seems to be rated.

Last edited:
Advertisement
****, that's a great freakin' tape. Kid makes all the throws and he can spin it! The ball just zips out of his hand. Good footwork too.

My favorite part of the tape though...

As he's going out of bounds a defender dove at his feet and could've hurt him. Weldon clearly says something to him about it. A QB with attitude. Love it.

A QB with an attitude? Holy ****, yes please.

he doesnt have great offers but snapple fact is his dad is the former FSU qb who was Heisman runner up so he prob knows hte game and position very well.

First time watching tape on him and I'm FAR from being anything close to an expert on QB play, but homeboy is nice. Is it me or is he elite and throwing to open receivers before they're actually open. Great anticipation.

Advertisement
Back