Washington State WeAreUnited players released . . .

Advertisement
Advertisement
Except, they were kicked off the team.

Kids can get kicked off a team with the university still honoring their scholarships.

All due respect these kids went about it all wrong.

Professional athletes and grown adults who are part of a league—different ballgame.

College kids with a "demands list" regarding social justice issues—just a bunch of kids trying to emulate the behavior of pro athlete superstars they emulate (and think they're on the same level as.)

Threatening to "boycott"—good luck with that.

Safe bet a coach will head over to Spokane Community College and bring in some kids to fill the role—or head on over to Idaho and Boise State to pick up some players up for the challenge.

College athletes don't have a bargaining chip; especially when just dealing with one conference.

They want to start a movement like this; better get the biggest names and schools in the game to participate.

No one (nationally) gives a **** about the Pac-12.

Let a Clemson, Ohio State, LSU, Alabama, et al come with something like this and MAYBE you'll see change ... sans the fact that coaches at those programs aren't going to let some rinky-dink "demands" letter like this fly when they have a roster full of 5-Star talent. #NextManUp

Kids can get kicked off a team with the university still honoring their scholarships.

All due respect these kids went about it all wrong.

Professional athletes and grown adults who are part of a league—different ballgame.

College kids with a "demands list" regarding social justice issues—just a bunch of kids trying to emulate the behavior of pro athlete superstars they emulate (and think they're on the same level as.)

Threatening to "boycott"—good luck with that.

Safe bet a coach will head over to Spokane Community College and bring in some kids to fill the role—or head on over to Idaho and Boise State to pick up some players up for the challenge.

College athletes don't have a bargaining chip; especially when just dealing with one conference.

They want to start a movement like this; better get the biggest names and schools in the game to participate.

No one (nationally) gives a **** about the Pac-12.

Let a Clemson, Ohio State, LSU, Alabama, et al come with something like this and MAYBE you'll see change ... sans the fact that coaches at those programs aren't going to let some rinky-dink "demands" letter like this fly when they have a roster full of 5-Star talent. #NextManUp
Wouldn't it be fun to see how it would play out if every SEC team refused to play and did so on a regular season Saturday? No posturing for a week. No "negotiating". Just refusing to play that day. Just don't even show up to early pre-game activities and then they don't break ranks.

Can't you see the coaches (literally) stroking out while screaming about how easy they are to replace? The networks trying to figure out how to explain this to contractual advertisers, as well as suddenly trying to fill all those time slots? And basically everyone ****ting themselves about what comes next?

Regardless of where you stand, that would be fascinating and unprecedented. There just wouldn't be any comparison in college sports history, or even American sports history. That's when we would see where power really lies as it would jeopardize the huge TV/media conference agreements. No product? Breach. And then no payment.

Advertisement
No they were not kicked off the team. Stop spreading lies. They were asked to clear their stuff out of the locker room if they opted out of the season. If they opt out, they are not practicing or playing and cannot be in the locker room since they are not following all of the Covid-19 protocols. Why would kids who opt out due to concerns of Covid go into a locker room they fear could be contaminated?
That's not entirely the case. They differentiated between two different opt outs. One for health reasons (covid 19), and the other where players were making demands (e.g., cutting coaches salaries, etc.). I believe that's related to article posted in another thread about a group of 200 players across the PAC 12 boycotting the season demanded NIL-like compensation among other things. Those were the ones kicked off the football team although the article wasn't clear about it.

I’m not sure there’s not a constitutional violation here. The right to assemble and the right to protest. The kids didn’t even miss a practice yet, as far as I’m aware.

A counter argument would be anticipated breach of contract, but they have been better served to get a court order on that first.

Id be surprised if this is true. Will wait for a statement from the university before I believe it.

Straight up kids have no power in this fight and they shouldn't. All professionals pay their dues, most for much longer than four years and with far less recognition than these kids get while in college. You think wall street freshman, new grad lawyers, and medical interns are *****ing because their bosses and attendings are raking in the cash and using them to do the bulk of the dirty work. **** no! They pay their mfing dues and if they work hard enough for long enough it pays off.

I say to any college athlete complaining about their situation to swiftly **** right off. Pay your **** dues like the rest of us and STFU
I disagree here. I think college athletes have more power. They can get a scholarship to play at another school. Pro athletes have to worry about their livelihood being taken away (Colin Kaepernick). In most cases, big time football is the top revenue earner for most colleges. If they don't put a good product on the field, it hurts these universities in a number of different ways (remember the reports in the spike of admission applications when Miami was number 2 in the country and on College GameDay). These colleges/universities have to show some kind of appropriate response, or it's going to hurt their chances of having other big time recruits come to their school in the future. I respect these kids for forcing the schools to show their hand.

I disagree here. I think college athletes have more power. They can get a scholarship to play at another school. Pro athletes have to worry about their livelihood being taken away (Colin Kaepernick). In most cases, big time football is the top revenue earner for most colleges. If they don't put a good product on the field, it hurts these universities in a number of different ways (remember the reports in the spike of admission applications when Miami was number 2 in the country and on College GameDay). These colleges/universities have to show some kind of appropriate response, or it's going to hurt their chances of having other big time recruits come to their school in the future. I respect these kids for forcing the schools to show their hand.
Kap ended his own career by sucking *** and then pulling a publicity stunt to gain relevance.

Advertisement
All PAC 12 student athletes need to stand with their brothers and sisters, given this news.

Every single PAC 12 student athlete should join in with this movement. In fact, every student athlete from the ACC, SEC, Big 10 and Big 12 should follow suit. Every single one. If you want to change this system, the time is now. The West Coast is usually the first mover with progressive social change in America. Smart social thinking and big jumps in technology usually comes from that coast first...and everyone else follows.

You fight force with force and the student athletes have ALL the leverage. I hope a big domino effect ensues throughout the P5.

Drop the PAC-12 from the P5 and we can have a real playoff.

Advertisement
Nice try but fell short. Both coasts are legends in their own minds.
We’ll just have to agree to disagree. From my experiences, the West Coast is typically waaay ahead of the rest of America. Waaay ahead.

Here are a couple examples:

1. legalization of marijuana.

2. **** near everything technology related. They are at the vanguard, there.

3. Healthy eating, food, diet and exercise, meditation as a daily practice, and overall healthy lifestyle choices. The are the pace setters, here, and waaaay out front by 5-6 lengths, if this were a 100 meter dash. The people, foods and lifestyle choices out there are so much healthier, it’s quite striking and immediately noticeable to both the eye and palate.

Last edited:
We’ll just have to agree to disagree. From my experiences, the West Coast is typically waaay ahead of the rest of America. Waaay ahead.

Here are a couple examples:

1. legalization of marijuana.

2. **** near everything technology related. They are at the vanguard, there.

3. Healthy eating, food, diet and exercise, meditation as a daily practice, and overall healthy lifestyle choices. The are the pace setters, here, and waaaay out front by 5-6 lengths, if this were a 100 meter dash. The people, foods and lifestyle choices out there are so much healthier, it’s quite striking and immediately noticeable to both the eye and palate.

**** they forced Bama to integrate after Sam "Bam" Cunningham pimped they @$$E$.

Advertisement
Back