Was King Holding Lashlee back?

Advertisement
Why? If Manny is gone and a new HC comes in, they shouldn't have to retain Lashlee. I'm not keeping Lashlee, if there are upgrades out there(and there are a ton), just for continuity. TVD is a good young QB, and he's pretty bright. I'm quite sure he can pick up the system of a new guy if so asked.
If a New HC comes in then yeah get a new OC, I’m referring to if Manny stays, I would then want Lashlee back.

Last year was a pretty good offense but the offense was inconsistent from week to week. I remember watching Perry play against Oklahoma State and it was the best our passing attack looked all season outside of the NC State game. Do you think Kings limited passing ability was holding the offense back? Since TVD took over we have scored

28 with a missed FG for the win
42 tipped INT in the RedZone to lose
Yes, I love King and he was a much needed shot in the arm last year, but he’s a athlete playing QB. There was no rhythm to the offense when King was under center. I think some of that was due to Kings limitations and some due to our **** poor offensive line. King made plays but much of it was scrabble ball and our deep game and over the middle passing game was wildly inconsistent with King. Van Dyke is the better QB, King is a better athlete.

Yes, I love King and he was a much needed shot in the arm last year, but he’s a athlete playing QB. There was no rhythm to the offense when King was under center. I think some of that was due to Kings limitations and some due to our **** poor offensive line. King made plays but much of it was scrabble ball and our deep game and over the middle passing game was wildly inconsistent with King. Van Dyke is the better QB, King is a better athlete.
King style of play also caused a lot of sacks as well. TVD reads Defenses faster then King and gets the ball out faster. It’s made our OL play better as whole as well.

Why is it King holding Lashlee back? Not Lashlee playing to King’s strengths? I’m not gonna act like some football person who knows it all cause I don’t. Just the basics. DK clearly had some limitations. Adjust as needed if you gonna trot him out there.

With that said, DK did more good than bad, and this guy is a true Cane. Don’t like threads like this cause it SEEMS (not saying it”s your intention MM), that it’s kind of bashing King.

As far as the points scored, can we even really add CCSU? I mean, Rizk and Motocha would’ve lit them up too.

Also, why not bring up last years scoring with King? I’m genuinely Asking btw.

Advertisement
If a New HC comes in then yeah get a new OC, I’m referring to if Manny stays, I would then want Lashlee back.
That goes without saying. The problem is that honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if Lashlee bailed after this year if he could. Diaz isn't getting an extension, and no one wants to be holding the bag if this thing doesn't work out.

That goes without saying. The problem is that honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if Lashlee bailed after this year if he could. Diaz isn't getting an extension, and no one wants to be holding the bag if this thing doesn't work out.
Ugh they would probably promote likens in that scenario

Advertisement
I’ve been saying this for awhile
Why not find ways to help out King. It was clear as day something’s just didn’t work. I believe you had some suggestions that could help DK…. But if it’s a forced thing, find some way to work it out, or move on. I mean, knowing that, why didn’t they try to encourage him to leave like they’ve don’t others in the past?

Advertisement
King was never a prototypical QB like TVD… remember his initial position in college was WR.
No QB was his initial position and switched temporarily to assist because of injuries. He came as a qb and broke records.

Said the same thing until correct by a poster several months ago.

The rpo is night and day better. The running game is far from great but even its improved with the correct run pass option being made .
Right. From what I hear, **** near everytime Lashlee has talked about this subject, it seems as if he's been trying his hardest not to throw King under the bus. But it's been clear that when it comes to rpo, King makes the wrong decision more than not. In MY opinion, I believe King has been trying too hard to prove that he can play QB and he's not just an athlete.

Advertisement
No QB was his initial position and switched temporarily to assist because of injuries. He came as a qb and broke records.

Said the same thing until correct by a poster several months ago.
Yeah but there's a reason he was never projected to get drafted as a QB.

The rpo is night and day better. The running game is far from great but even its improved with the correct run pass option being made .
Think about when King was under center. How many times did we hand off or just have the QB run up the middle for minimal gain. I remember last year’s UAB game was mostly that. We saw quite a bit of that against App State this year.

King was never a prototypical QB like TVD… remember his initial position in college was WR.

He also put up inflated #’s in a pass happy system at Houston.
His initial position was qb. He was recruited and signed as a qb. They moved him to wr to get his athleticism on the field

OP HATING on King. It's a LOUSY attempt to minimize King's affect. Only a certain type of person kicks a man when he's down.
No he isn't. It was a very simple and straightforward question. The question wasn't if King sucked, it was if King was holding Lashlee back. The answer is an obvious and resounding yes. The way the passing offense looked under Perry vs Ok St was no coincidence. Lashlee needs a QB with arm talent to run his offense. He needs a QB who is a better passer than what King could give him. He needs a QB who can run Air Raid concepts. Lashlee is not at the point in his career where he is able to successfully adapt to players that don't fit his scheme. He may never get there who knows. None of this changed what a great player and leader King is or what he brought to this squad when we desperately needed it. This idea that OP is " hating" on King is nothing more than knee jerk reactionary irrational nonsense. Take that purposely divisive garbage somewhere else. King is a boss and will always be a Cane. The injuries are very unfortunate and a better OC could have adapted to King's skill set much better but make no mistake, TVD has earned every bit of the praise he is receiving and this is his team now. It's not personal. It just is

Advertisement
Back