Was King Holding Lashlee back?

Mackmiller974

All ACC
Last year was a pretty good offense but the offense was inconsistent from week to week. I remember watching Perry play against Oklahoma State and it was the best our passing attack looked all season outside of the NC State game. Do you think Kings limited passing ability was holding the offense back? Since TVD took over we have scored

28 with a missed FG for the win
42 tipped INT in the RedZone to lose

Advertisement
Advertisement
Last year was a pretty good offense but the offense was inconsistent from week to week. I remember watching Perry play against Oklahoma State and it was the best our passing attack looked all season outside of the NC State game. Do you think Kings limited passing ability was holding the offense back? Since TVD took over we have scored

Just look at how well Kosi played in the offense against OkSt. Lashlee needs someone with an arm

King is an excellent young man that we were lucky to have. With that said, it was never optimal to have him running the offense with Lashlee. Chalk it up to chemistry or whatever you’d like. Something was missing. Everyone could see it. They just didn’t want to say it, because they didn’t want to badmouth King.

Advertisement

Please stop this shiggity…

Yes. I told all of you from the beginning that a QB like Shane Buechele is the type of QB Lashlee excels with. Who’s closer to Shane Buechele? TVD or King?
Yep. I said this too. King was holding lashlee and the entire offense back. The entire playbook is open with TVD. He gets it out fast, processes info quickly, great in the RPO game, he’s an excellent decision maker, he can make every throw and then some

You could only use about 1/2 the playbook with King because he can’t make many of the throws due to his miniature stature, he’s mediocre in the RPO game, and he has an average arm.

Advertisement

King was not the right QB for Lashlees offense. He didn't have the accuracy to excel in an Air Raid either. He would be better in a scheme that cut the field in half and had him rolling out to his dominant side, and having all his receivers to that side. If he doesn't have a good passing window, run it. Basically like VT did with Vick a long time ago - extremely simplified offense. It would essentially eliminate a defender since they would be forced to spy him. Now obviously King doesn't have Vicks speed but I think you would still need to use him the same way.

This argument is dumb. The coaches can decide who they start. They didn’t need to start king over kosi or king over tvd.

Advertisement
No. TVD's just holding Lashlee forward. Let's not go back in time and begin making up excuses.

We haven't had a QB with TVD's poise and decision-making in forever.
I wouldn't say King was holding Lashlee back because Lashleee could have done more with King...but;

TVD has the poise and decision making to make this O move. I keep seeing plays where King and other past QBs would have run or taken a sack...where TVD is standing in there, making the read and completing the pass. Big difference in the O is TVD.

Plus, with TVD reading the RPO better we don't run three plays into a wall becasue King would give it to the RB whether he should or not. TVD's poise and decision making is the reason this O is putting up points.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back