Was King Holding Lashlee back?

I think tvd is a better fit for what lashlee wants to do
And tvd can see things and make throws king could not

It's not about King tho,....lol.... TVD is a better fit for what ALOT of offensive coordinators want to do, given the limited tape we have on him.

I didn't oversell myself on the good 2nd halves or the more-complete game last week,...but today's game was enough snaps for me to conclude that this kid is growing and his success is no coincidence.

Unless I missed a play or 2 he played a completely mistake-free game as far as turnover risk is concerned. The 1 INT there was the WR fell, but the ball was placed where it should've been.

This is a recruiting find,...don't make too much out of the playcalling and "system" talk.

Advertisement
Lashlee holds Lashlee back. Lashlee is a midmajor playcaller, a gimmick guy. Let's stop pretending that this guy is the answer, he's riding a hot streak right now, and he still finds ways to ***** it up with awful calls and a complete inability to read the flow of the game. When you have a talent like King, you run things that work for him. What works for King is different than what works for someone like TVD, who doesn't have Kings mobility, but is a pure passer. Perry is more comfortable throwing the ball as well.

Who cares? TVD is the guy now.

PS that Lashlee play call on 3rd and short to ice the game (the play Mallory fumbled) was absolutely brilliant.
Was it? It's a basic call, that is extremely low risk, because if a QB can get out of contain, he should be able to run for it, and the TE should be a comfortable target. Teams all over the country run that concept, especially in goal to go and short yardage situations.

Advertisement
It's not about King tho,....lol.... TVD is a better fit for what ALOT of offensive coordinators want to do, given the limited tape we have on him.

I didn't oversell myself on the good 2nd halves or the more-complete game last week,...but today's game was enough snaps for me to conclude that this kid is growing and his success is no coincidence.

Unless I missed a play or 2 he played a completely mistake-free game as far as turnover risk is concerned. The 1 INT there was the WR fell, but the ball was placed where it should've been.

This is a recruiting find,...don't make too much out of the playcalling and "system" talk.
That’s my point
He’s just a better qb so he’s going to make lashlee look better no matter that
King was too physically limited
It was about lashlee making due with what he had

Last year was a pretty good offense but the offense was inconsistent from week to week. I remember watching Perry play against Oklahoma State and it was the best our passing attack looked all season outside of the NC State game. Do you think Kings limited passing ability was holding the offense back? Since TVD took over we have scored

28 with a missed FG for the win
42 tipped INT in the RedZone to lose
Miami is averaging 35.5 ppg in TVD’s four Power 5 starts. That better than any Miami team in almost twenty years.

Advertisement
It was brilliant because Lashlee fooled EVERYONE into thinking it was a simple run play including all of us. Give credit.
Credit for what? Doing what any competent OC would do in that situation? Congrats, Lashlee didn't punk out and run into a stacked line(Which is what he usually does, and it fails more often than not), Pitt was selling out for the run. They **** near dared him to make that call. He gets credit for having an IQ above room temperature.

That’s my point
He’s just a better qb so he’s going to make lashlee look better no matter that
King was too physically limited
It was about lashlee making due with what he had

No,...it's not that King was too physically limited. There was legit concerns with the playcalling earlier this year. TVD playing good doesn't suddenly make it all disappear. Offensively, we just weren't prepared well as the year began. Give the reasons you want, but it was pretty clear and it wasn't fully the QB position like you want to make it seem. Rooster wasn't even playing then,....do you think he's helped TVD out any as well?

The connection between TVD playing well and King not being a QB we could've done more with is just a horrible connection to make. It's a typical ad hoc fallacy type of reasoning where your mind makes King less and less of a legit player the better TVD plays. Makes no sense.

They are completely separate players with completely separate circumstances.

Lashlee holds Lashlee back. Lashlee is a midmajor playcaller, a gimmick guy. Let's stop pretending that this guy is the answer, he's riding a hot streak right now, and he still finds ways to ***** it up with awful calls and a complete inability to read the flow of the game. When you have a talent like King, you run things that work for him. What works for King is different than what works for someone like TVD, who doesn't have Kings mobility, but is a pure passer. Perry is more comfortable throwing the ball as well.
We're seeing progress with TVD under Lashlee though, I really don't want to get another OC when TVD will be on year 3 with Lashlee and have an entire off-season to develop a playbook for him. Continuity is important, unless TVD falls off a cliff these next 4 games then Lashlee needs to come back

I thought this was known across the board. This is no knock to King but yeah, him and Lashlee was definitely a FORCED fit. Let's keep keeping it real fellas.

Advertisement
No,...it's not that King was too physically limited. There was legit concerns with the playcalling earlier this year. TVD playing good doesn't suddenly make it all disappear. Offensively, we just weren't prepared well as the year began. Give the reasons you want, but it was pretty clear and it wasn't fully the QB position like you want to make it seem. Rooster wasn't even playing then,....do you think he's helped TVD out any as well?

The connection between TVD playing well and King not being a QB we could've done more with is just a horrible connection to make. It's a typical ad hoc fallacy type of reasoning where your mind makes King less and less of a legit player the better TVD plays. Makes no sense.
Yea I had no idea why lashlee was calling the plays he was calling in the beginning of the year
But king was totally affecting the way lashlee called plays
But a simple example is the wr screen thst seems to work better now Bc tvd can throw it to the field side
King couldn’t do that and that’s why all our wr screens would be in the info boundary so the wr has less room to work
If u look back at game threads I guarantee there’s complaints of why we keep screening to the boundary

Those are just little things that all add up

We're seeing progress with TVD under Lashlee though, I really don't want to get another OC when TVD will be on year 3 with Lashlee and have an entire off-season to develop a playbook for him. Continuity is important, unless TVD falls off a cliff these next 4 games then Lashlee needs to come back
Why? If Manny is gone and a new HC comes in, they shouldn't have to retain Lashlee. I'm not keeping Lashlee, if there are upgrades out there(and there are a ton), just for continuity. TVD is a good young QB, and he's pretty bright. I'm quite sure he can pick up the system of a new guy if so asked.

Last year was a pretty good offense but the offense was inconsistent from week to week. I remember watching Perry play against Oklahoma State and it was the best our passing attack looked all season outside of the NC State game. Do you think Kings limited passing ability was holding the offense back? Since TVD took over we have scored

28 with a missed FG for the win
42 tipped INT in the RedZone to lose
Because I NEVER thought much of King as a QB or athlete my answer is Lashlee doesn't know talent or can't develop talent. I guess yes then.

Advertisement
Just look at how well Kosi played in the offense against OkSt. Lashlee needs someone with an arm

Perry?? I admittedly haven't followed his career since he left. His time here I'd never seen him as a QB comfortable in the pocket. Adding him into the conversation of a kid like TVD that's getting NFL scouts to turn their heads after several games simply doesn't connect any dots.

Kosi's play can't verify anything good or bad about Lashlee and if he always needs a QB with a big arm that's not exactly a compliment for an OC @ Miami with the athletes we get.

Conclusion: The jury's still out on Lashlee, regardless of TVD shooting up the charts. Does he add alot in recruiting?

TVD was a find by the previous staff so I can't give him credit in that department. More info is needed but please don't try to write off the 1st half few games of this season like it never happened.

Something you don't know. Likens is running the offense now

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

Advertisement
Back