Warren Sapp's Mt Rushmore of U players

I feel like Miami made its name on defense. My Rushmore would have Taylor, Reed and Lewis there, along with one of our DT greats. Probably Sapp himself, though there are some other obvious options.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hendricks
Ed Reed
Michael Irvin
Jerome

For a variety of reasons. All American status. Championships and general personality being important to the program

Hendricks is UMs only 3 time AA...would have been 4 time....but Freshman weren't allowed to play then...When I met Spurrier in 97...I was an Executive Sous Chef at a Hilton where the SEC has a conference meeting every yr...(all sports represented) and was able to chat with him for a little while, and when I asked him about Hendricks, he said without question the Best he ever played against at UF....

Absolute Beast
101765914_3370049129695905_2710336967500689289_o.jpg

Advertisement
It’s tough to narrow it down to four guys without feeling like you left a worthy player out. Especially when you start talking about the guys who played in the early days.

Advertisement
What about when Frank Gore ends up the NFL all time rushing leader? Does that get him on there?

I feel like Miami made its name on defense. My Rushmore would have Taylor, Reed and Lewis there, along with one of our DT greats. Probably Sapp himself, though there are some other obvious options.
But in all fairness...It was Schnellenberger's Pro Style offensive scheme from 79-83 that really was what woke America up....

Advertisement
Ted Hendricks?

He was a 2 time 1st team All-American, and 1 time 2nd team All-American, and he had an award named after him.

He had 327 career tackles, an all time Miami DL record.

He forced 9 turnovers in one year!
Not to mention he'd be the all time sack leader not only for UM, but college football had they kept those stats. Also, blocked FGs.

Didn't he have like 6 sacks against Spurrier the weekend after Spurrier won the Heisman? He was a dominant force. I read once that had they kept sack stats, he would have had 100+.

Not to mention he'd be the all time sack leader not only for UM, but college football had they kept those stats. Also, blocked FGs.

Didn't he have like 6 sacks against Spurrier the weekend after Spurrier won the Heisman? He was a dominant force. I read once that had they kept sack stats, he would have had 100+.
Think it was 6 or 7 Sacks....on last one Spurrier threw ball at him...

Advertisement
Back